The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Miss Dorothy, I stopped by the UPS store today and dropped off a parcel. No jam this time. They told me it would probably be at your place on Christmas Eve.

Randy I received the package Christmas eve. Thank you so much for being so kind. I had the grands that day up until tonight and was very busy. I finally got a chance to log onto the computer.

Good! That should give you plenty of storage space.

Curbie, Zuzu's petals were the wilted petals from a rose that this little girl had in that James Stewart movie "It's a Wonderful Life". His daughter wanted him to fix her flower and he turned away and slipped the petals into his pocket. They entered into the plot of the movie later when he found the peata in his pocket and he knew he was back in his real existence.

Good to see you check in Rhonda.

Curbie, I had to go to the market again today and I wore my "hat". There was this one kid that was sitting in the shopping cart being pushed by his mother and he had his mouth open and staring up at the hat. He was about 2. As I walked by him, I leaned over and said, "I'm an elf." His mother just laughed, but he never took his eye off the hat.

Howdy!
I'm gonna try to get back in here more....just finding the time :eek:

Rhonda, hope it warms up a bit for you for Christmas. I'm right there with you and can do without that white cold stuff. Down here all it means is no one will drive in it to come home for Christmas dinner;O) Great to be hearing from you......don't be such a stranger!!

lol I'm tryin to get in here and catch up on everything....

Has anyone seen or herd from Prettylady or Shinekeeper?:confused:

KyGal, if you can get caught up, give me your strategy, please. Look at this lovely photo someone sent me ~ Curbie

Attachments

• P1000812.jpg
    P1000812.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 256
Hey, I saw on GMA this morning about these people at Columbia River Gorge with 100 mph winds. True? ~ I was thinking,"Randy's trees are going to fall down." ~ Curbie

The gorge is like a funnel though, Curbie. Yes, it does get terribly windy down through the gorge, but we are about 45 miles from Portland with plenty of mountains in between us.

We are experiencing rather mild weather here compared to what the eastern part of North America is experiencing. The weather guesser is saying that Thursday will be our only dry day this week, but I bet he is wrong again.

I watched her fall right off where she was standing ~ thank you for validating my weather report but we do now know it is a wind tunnel. WHY would you go up there then when the winds are 100 MPH? I guess I'm just not a risk taker any more ~ :)

I know I sure would not be going there with 100mph winds. Esp. knowing it was a wind tunnel. I had no clue until Randy said it was. I guess some people like the thrill, not me

I can my thrills out of something much less dangerous ~ WHOOPS......there goes Curbie, right off the cliff...........LOVE YOU curb. No, I am not hang gliding nor parachuting...... but see honestly, I would have had on a parachute and implressed that audience ~ :)

I have a friend that was a deputy sheriff for Multnomah County and he told me that there were times when their radiators would freeze up when they were on that highway even when the engines were running if they were parked.

It is beautiful but I would not suggest windsurfing but I don't live in your neck of the woods. I met 2 very pleasant people today. Our neighbor just got her first dog so I went to PetSmart to buy gifts from our dog. (She had given me something when we got our dog so...) This guy at PetSmart reached something for me and said,"If you need help outside, PLEASE ask for me. I need to go home." He told me his name so I said to the cashier,"I will only leave here if he loads this stuff." He had SUCH a great sense of humor. Then I went to The Party Company to buy birthday gifts and this cashier said,"YOU are the first sane person we have had in here." When I replied,"These are for adults and I am SO glad I don't have kids." She laughed and said,"Don't I look stupid? WHO wants GUMBALLS?" The 31 y/o. Two very pleasant folks :) ~ Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back