The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Right up the river a bit is a place that is really well-known for windsurfing. The wind is pretty reliable through there and the people take advantage of it. They, whoever 'they' are, hold competitions there. I believe that is around Cascade Locks or The Dalles.

How about that. I have been there many times and I would always go through there on my way east to go deer or elk camping.

Howdy Friends!

ok I'm getting Cabin Fever here...I wanna get out and get my fingers in some Dirt!
How's the Cyber Family?

I know what you mean. We are in the wet season and I wait for the rain to stop long enough to get out and do a little bit outside. I have about 6 weeks though and I can at least get some seeds started in the greenhouse and turn the heat on there.

LOL Curby I try to get in here some when I have the time...I'm trying to loose some excess Baggage in the Rear ya know???:D
I think I'll head to Wally World and see what seed's they are starting to get in for spring...Wish I had all the Flowers that I once had:(

I know what you mean. We are in the wet season and I wait for the rain to stop long enough to get out and do a little bit outside. I have about 6 weeks though and I can at least get some seeds started in the greenhouse and turn the heat on there.

Between all the Snow and Rain that we have been getting lately it's causing land slides here and the Creeks are over flowing and flooding some homes and roads...I dread it when the Rainy season start's...if its this wet now I'd hate to see what it's gonna be like come April....:eek:

Flowers are my Passion...:D

I use to have QUITE a selection that my cyber Family shared with me over the years....but now my ex has them :mad:all and he is a greedy Uhem:mad: you know...

Sure do miss our bluegrassers. I hope Natalie is doing okay. Haven't heard from her for a long time now. MF and I got to meet her face to face when we went back to Ohio a couple of years ago.

This is a good day to stay inside and look out the window. A cup of hot chocolate and a book in my lap would pretty well finish the picture. Can't have the chocolate anyway, but it's fun to think about.

It depends on what else I have to eat. The problem with hot chocolate is that there are carbs in the milk and the sugar and the marshmallow. If I back off some carbs someplace else, it wouldn't hurt to have a cup of chocolate. I run into the same thing with having a dessert. I can have some, but I have to do it in moderation. I have done pretty well with controlling my blood/glucose levels and I gave up a coffee drink that I dearly love, but it is so loaded with carbs (a mocha shake) that I can't afford to have that any more. It's okay though. I don't feel deprived at all.

Oh, I don't know what thread we were talking about this on but Whoopi Goldberg just said the most significant thing: "You have to be passionate about being a parent." She had her daughter at 18 and one of The View is thinking about becoming a parent at 40. Hoopster is amazing. She is a person who really knows who she is :) Love her ~ Curbie :)

Being a parent carries a lot of responsibility, but being a grandparent is downright fun.

Rhonda, last years drought did a dirty job on my flowers and then we had a hard freeze this winter, so I'm wandering around looking for signs of life. Maybe we can start again together with all new plants:eek:) I'm keep doing things like ameryllis and cannas because they multiply but sure need to get some pretty low flowers going again. I think my elephant ears are ok too, and the iris's never even blinked at either drought or freeze. My rose bushes look healthy too, for what they've been through, so at least I have some things to start with.......if the rain stops in time to get out there and manicure the beds a bit.

Randy, I have to agree...........kids were fun raising too, (at times:eek:) but my grandkids sure light up my life!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back