Was given a garden full of plants

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I was in Eau Claire, a friend called me as she had a client that told her she was going to go see the lady selling the plants down the street, (which was me) to see if she wanted the plants in her garden as it was too much for her. I finally got over there yesterday and wow she has lots of stuff, most is so overgrown and needs to be split so a brought a friend and we started digging up some stuff, we didn't even put a dent in it. will be going over there lots and lots of times as there is so much to dig up. Will have to bring my camera as some of the stuff I don't know the name of it. Lots of tall phlox, bee balm, daylilies, white and blue forget me knots, peonies which i will wait until fall to dig up. Got a nice piece of a pink bleeding heart, planted that last night when i got home, now got to go plant or pot up the other stuff and once i get that taken care of will go back and dig up some more, didn't want to dig up too much at once. Hope this stuff sells well and I make some good money this summer towards my oil bill for winter...

sounds like you hit the big time with that garden.....maybe you can get it down to being bearable for that lady to enjoy whats left....

we dug up too much stuff yesterday to get potted up so just planted the clumps around my yard until i can get to potting them up, it was 88 here today so way to hot to pot up anything

Next time I go over, I will bring my camera as I need to ID some of them anyways. It will take me awhile to clean out her garden and get them potted up or transplanted in my yard to sell next yr.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back