What did you buy this time?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Didn't spend a dime but got 2 yards of mulch from the dump. Actually Tim got them for me but he needs to go back and get more.

Haven't bought anything but gas lately!!! LOL!

Didn't spend a dime but got 2 yards of mulch from the dump. Actually Tim got them for me but he needs to go back and get more.

You are buying plenty with the cost of gas these days. After buying the trip to Disney for the grands and us I'm not buying much either.lol

I have a feeling most of us will tapering our expenses that are not necessary.
Tim went back to the dump today and got me another 2 Cubis Yards of mulch!
Yipeee, weekend work ahead!
Oh I am dropping off a tiller tire to be repaired I guess that counts as buying something.

that would be repair expenses. I prefer to get new things and not have to fix the old. that is unless it is something I love. I used to have a tiller that I loved and it lasted for years. I sold it when we moved into an apartment. I still miss it. Who knew I would be living here and need something like that.

Awesome Nancie.
Our town doesnt have anything like that plus not sure I want something that might have chemicals in it as alot of ppl use chemicals on their lawns here.
I'm still going on my road trip in August/Sept to NC. I don't care what it costs me to go.. I'll live on popcorn for months if I have too.....lol

Awesome Nancie.
Our town doesnt have anything like that plus not sure I want something that might have chemicals in it as alot of ppl use chemicals on their lawns here.
I'm still going on my road trip in August/Sept to NC. I don't care what it costs me to go.. I'll live on popcorn for months if I have too.....lol

Wish we could hook up, but with Tim not working I am staying really close to home.

The mulch is mostly like bark and wood. It is a lot of tree trimmings that they shred to keep for taking up landfil space. I was worried about the chemicals too but I just use it for flower beds and path ways, so it is far removed from our food garden. Even still buying commercial mulch you never know what might be in it especially the colored kind. Wish I could afford to drive to Jax with the big trailer and get mushroom compost. I could use about 6 yeards. But at $40 a yard now , pluse the gas it is not really worth it. :(

Well I got my gilbert wild order
Wonderful plants as always and extras of several plus free daylily.
Now where to plant them and the work of it all.
Oh well I love em anyway.

dawn I think we all have that problem of where to put them once we buy them. So far I still have room left in my yard.

I was pretty good and actually bought what I had to.......but somehow a 60% off Mr Lincoln rose jumped into my trolley and followed me home....

Thanks for the confirmation folks I'd heard it was a good one. Hopefully it can withstand my hot and humid summer here. Don't tell anyone but Oklahoma and June Bride looked so sad on their own at the nursery that I also gave them both a new home. I've got to stop going to those sales! :D :rolleyes:

I was doing really well at sales until I booked a vacation to disney. Now have no money to spend for a while. Oh well there are the fall sales.

I had a MR. Lincoln and it was a great rose. ( left it behind on a move)

I am off to buy a sprinkler at lunch time! That will be the big purchase this week , unless..........I see something I can't resist! :rolleyes:

ops! did it again.
Went to get the spinkler and bought 4 solar lights that are post caps. They were on sale. I put them up last night and while they don't offer much light they do look good on the deck post.
Oh and I bought gas...AGAIN... this morning, I guess that would fall under recurring cost?

Ace hardware is having a sale so went and bought some leather gloves, free after rebate, 1 cu ft bag of miracle grow moisture control potting soil, 3.99 after rebate, 2, 3lb bags of 10-10-10 fertilizer, 99cents after rebate each, 10 prs of latex coated garden gloves for .99 each, i go though alot of gloves......squirrel proof bird feeder, 5.99 after rebate. just saw some other stuff that i need to go get, cutter insect repellant for .99 after rebate, need it with the ticks around here.1 gallon sprayer for 2.99 after rebate, need to get one to use for spraying the protectant on the deck.
Guess I'll be going back before I go outside and get dirty again....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back