Wheat was cut. will it come back

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

USMCtanker

hello. i had got a few ancient stone age wheat seeds, the plan was to grow these this summer and collect the seeds for a larger crop next year that i could harvest. so far there 3 to 4" and in my green house since bc we still are geting a frost from time to time. today i turned around for 2 seconds and either a chicken or my ducks got in there and mowed all my wheat, they where eaten to the ground. will they come back good enuff for me to still collect seeds this summer. thanks.

I don't think so, but you can at least try. I know a wheat farmer I can call to be sure if you would like me to. Welcome to the forum by the way. I have a lot of respect for jarheads.

I don't think so, but you can at least try. I know a wheat farmer I can call to be sure if you would like me to. Welcome to the forum by the way. I have a lot of respect for jarheads.

if its not a problem that would be great. only bc there was only a few seed packs avalable and if there not gonna make it ill try and order some more before its to late, thanks for the welcome and the respect. semper fi. im up here in wa state so not far from u.

Welcome USMC..sorry to hear about your wheat loss. I think you might need to order those seeds...lots of wheat and oats planted here and once it's mowed ..it's history.

keep watering it and they could come back. my cousin used to let the cattle eat his down early in spring.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back