Come and Grow A Rose With Me

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Any Free wood chips Smelly Melly!??

Oh my aren't you a lucky gal:D
I think I want to make another bed on my driveway I have a little spot left*LOL
Only problem we wouldn't be able to bring the table saw out to do any wood working.

Kale:)

I hope you can see these pictures. There is a glare from the ziploc bags and the window. These are the cuttings from 4 of my roses. They all have new leaves. I hope they take roots then I will have lots of rooted cuttings to trade with my rose loving friends.

Attachments

• tn_My pics 036.JPG
    tn_My pics 036.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 289
  • tn_My pics 037.JPG
    tn_My pics 037.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 280
  • tn_My pics 051.JPG
    tn_My pics 051.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 308
What beauties have you got leafin out!!!???
Indoors...Interesting,when would you plant them outside and why indoors?

I have cuttings of my peach rose, Tiffany, Altissimo, and I think a Fourth of July, and another unknown. The tags are gone on the two I don't remember. Should I have put them outside?I found a link online and went by those instructions. I haven't had any luck in the past. Do you root your cuttings outside Kale? I put them in front of a south facing window with the gallon ziplock bags to form a greenhouse and it seems to be working.I check them daily to make sure they do not get dry. I will start hardening them off after I have some good roots hopefully by the end of next month. Any help you can give me I would appreciate very much.

Sharing a few roses

Attachments

• NTA0MTY2_smallROSE.jpg
    NTA0MTY2_smallROSE.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 300
  • MzYwMTg4_smallROSE.jpg
    MzYwMTg4_smallROSE.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 295
  • NTA1MTY2_smallROSE.jpg
    NTA1MTY2_smallROSE.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 298
  • NTExMTY2_smallROSE.jpg
    NTExMTY2_smallROSE.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 304
If it works you are doing fine!
Will reply later .
Lovely Spider Lily!:D

See you later!

Ok girls I have jumped in and got a couple of new roses for this year. I got the double delight hybrid tea and a blaze climber. I saw a picture of the double delight on here. I also heard someone say they got cheap roses at wal-mart and well I was there and they were calling me to take them home. I wish I knew what these in the yard are. One bloomed last year and it was red. I'm thinking maybe a mr. lincon there is a rose out in the back yard that has not bloomed yet. I am hoping to get an arbor out of this. this year it will be a trellis and maybe next year an arbor.

Tiffany, Looks like my no name Garden Party! that may have been mislabeled unless it was a different unknown breeder that used the same name*LOL
Altissimo can get 10feet tall! Single slightly scented RED blooms! Fourth of July Very nice in all the books very well liked! Nice!

Spider Lily is there a way to make your pics a tad bigger?
Id love to see them better:D:D:D

Here you go Lyn!

MrLincoln I have 2 they are old fellas 7 and *bloom= 8yrs old
And.... Garden Pary that looks similar to Tiffany!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kale, my avatar is of my Tiffany. It is very pretty and produces lots of blooms. I don't remember where I bought it, I think Walmart. It is and my Altissimo are both tall. My Altissimo is reaching about my daughters bedroom window and has just stopped blooming. It blooms here almost year round. My Red double knockout is full of blooms right now.

Dor, If you got them going well this far, what you are doing is fine if it works for you.I do not know how to garden in Texas. I start mine then place in shade then finally plant them in shade before mid Sept. Not much of a survival chance indoors during winter without constant fussing.
Here is my Climbing Blaze I moved him (bought and planted him there in April 08),
poor baby I hope he makes it.I thought he wasn't getting enough sun because he wasn't looking to happy (I htough he should have bloomed way more ,I was hard on him being a CLIMBING BLAZE!*lol I figured he was tough*lol)
so I moved him.Poor Toro may not make it .I just potted him ...They sure looked like they needed something... sun was the only thing I was able to conclude.
I will know soon enough...
Here he is Climbing Blaze08.

Kale

Can you tell I love red roses, I just thought about that. out of the last 5 roses I've bought have been red.

I love a nice red rose :D:D but..you have to love Angel Face too!
Isn't she just lovely so proper and pretty:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I fell in love with her a few years ago.I now have 5 or more! She is such a honeygirl! *LOL

I Love Mirandy, Mr.Lincoln, Love, All Miss American Beauty, Toro; if he would get with the program*LOL Climbing Blaze, Olympiad, Chrysler Imperial and Don Juan!(they got attacked one may still be alive,the other I pulled out and potted) OH MY Oklahoma how can I leave him out he is a gorgeous velvety red almost into a deep purple oh my SPRING GET HERE ALREADY!!!*LOL
All are scented beyond your imagination and stunningly beautiful!

Dont have time to get my pics so I did a fast search for you!

http://www.growquest.com/hybrid t olympiad.htm

http://www.rose-roses.com/rosepages/hybridteas/Mirandy.html

COME ON SPRING GET HERE!!!!!!!!!

Kale:eek::eek::eek::eek:

they are both pretty girls aren't they. I wish I knew what red roses by grandpa had. I only remember them being so pretty and red when I was little. I remember wanting to have roses like that when I grew up. I'm thinking they might have been a floribundy maybe. I know they weren't hybrid teas or climbers. but they were really pretty.

Mirandy, Mr.Lincoln, All Miss American Beauty, Climbing Blaze, Olympiad,
Chrysler Imperial and Don Juan. All red and bloom wonderfully:D

Was it clusters on one stem or lots allover the plant?

Kale:D

I'm thinking it was lots all over the plant. the plant seemed huge to me but I was under 6 years old so I'm sure it was a medium size bush. They sure looked nice against the white house that was trimmed in red.

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am looking to trade or pay postage for a rooted cutting of a Seven Sister's rose in the spring.

Rose cutting in water

This is my 3rd try in rose cutting in water. Don’t ask which rose cutting took because I haven’t a clue. I had them organized by spot on window then rotated without thinking. I do know that not all take root. I tried many from store cuttings and didn't get far yet.
I did however get some to root.
There is a special place to cut them and I'm working on examining my pics to see if there is a common exact place to those that rooted.
I had several cuttings from October from my Hybrid Teas which I almost believe this is one of them.. I know that my last years root cutting made it through the season, (rooted in water East window constant eye on it)
but is leggie and weak looking but it is growing. I expect blooms this year.If it makes it through this winter. I also did a cutting (sorta) from the side shoot of my somewhat looking dead Sunsprite (yellow) I didn't have the heart to compost.

A couple of the cuttings I have from Valentines Day rooted.(about 5weeks) I have to admit I have only tended these well, the others; I didn’t keep an eye on, sorta lost track of them *LOL
Here are some roots!
I have placed them in pots with a touch of root hormone, they seem to be doing fine so far...
I think if I can actually tend them indoors with excellent lighting they will make it.I tend to either over protect them or forget them *LOL
I have hundreds of others I tend indoors.I try to watch them..but time just slips by it seems.

This cutting was rooted in water.I have never rooted a rose indoors in soil.

Hardening them off is a great factor.I would just put them in bright-shade for about 6weeks or so. My North side has a drop of sun from the East and West, if I see them NOT getting sunburned place them in the sun first in the morning then move them several feet for the evening sun. If they get sunburned from the evening sun I keep them for a few weeks just getting the East splash of sun.
It needs monitoring due to (someones) trees filling out and destroying my plans.

Lyn, I'm thinking he may have been Chrysler Imperial:) It is a shot ...
There are so many reds..........

Attachments

• rose roots.jpg
    rose roots.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 297
You know Kale that could have been it. I have been working out side all morning. My roses are looking so much better this year. I put a tomato cage around one of them since my sil and my hubby mowed it off in the past. I have no idea what it is but it kept coming back so I'm gonna let it grow. The canes were so thin last year but they are getting bigger this year. I hope it will bloom. If it does I will post a picture and you can help me figure out what it is. Right now it is looking so much better.

Help! Hubby broke a piece of my favorite mini rose off. I would like to try to root it. It has hips and leaves on it. Do I cut those off first????

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back