Deer and skunks

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Holy Cow I can't imagine what it's like to live with wild life. When I lived way out in the country it was in Hawaii, we didn't have any wild animals like you all have. On occasion I can smell that a skunk has been somewhere near or in my yard but I’ve never seen one or any sign of damage. I have to watch out for two legged animals stealing my flowers and veggies though and you aren’t allowed to use a pellet gun on them.
Sharon I can picture you spinning with the flowers at your feet. Sorry but that cracked me up and Randy’s horse dancing did too. When we were newly married my Dear Darling Loveable husband asked me to put my finger on the lawn mower spark plug. I questioned doing that but he assured me that it would be fine and he needed someone to do it as he worked on the mower. Being stupid in love with the man, blindly trusting him and not knowing he had a wicked juvenile sense of humor I did it. I’m sure it wasn’t anything like the fence but it was no fun. That was 30 years ago and I’ve learned to trust my instincts when he tries to pull stunts like that on me.

Bernie, that voltage that zapped you from the spark plug is close to the same from an elecric fence. There are some variables though like how thick the soles of your shoes are and whether they are a better dielectric than some others.

I caught another skunk last night that makes 4 so far.
I wish I could just wipe em all out.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back