Dwarf Karla Rose Nectarine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

kcb37

I think I bought my last tree today. Found this one at Home Depot and bought it because it was $10 and a dwarf as I needed a small tree due to power lines.
The question I have is how long before this tree will produce? I am thinking next year 2013. It is 3.5' tall or so. I know it's not the best time of year to plant a tree but it was there and cheap so, if it dies well I have a 1 year warranty and it was only $10 anyway.
This is a picture with my 6 year old daughter, cause it's her tree.
Guess I have one more question. Being a normal or semi-dwarf I would figure this a 1 year old tree, but what about a dwarf would this be a 1 year or 2nd year tree?
Going to add one more thing. My Apple, Pear, and Cherry trees I have been able to find alot of info, this tree seems like it almost dosen't exist except for the people who sell it. I have found it suposed to be a great tasting Nectarine, and self polinating but that's about it. So any info someone can pass on I would greatly appreciate.
P1000330.jpg

Last edited:
The tree should start to produce in about 3-5 years and keep producing for nearly 20 years
But I would guess the real treasure is standing next to the tree...what a cutie.

Yeah, just curious.
I have heard dwarf produces quicker and semi then full.
I am actually hopeful for the pear trees as they are both 8 1/2' tall now if not 9' but I am not expecting it either.
I also have a few 16' sunflower seeds, should make a real good picture with her.
Think it will be kinda cool to see her and the tree grow together as this one is "her size"

BTW what zone do you live in?
I live in Utah zone 5 which means that my plants can take a -20* frost

The tag said it can take a -20.
I live in Tennessee. I do live in the northwest corner in Clarksville, so zone 7/6.
What you found seems the same as I found.
Just doesn't seem as easy to find alot of info as my other trees. But those are more common, or atleast I am thinking. Apple, Pear and Cherry trees. Red/Golden Delicous, Keiffer/Bartlet, Bing/Black Tartarian.
At any rate it will fruit when it's ready, if it does not, well then it won't.
Guess I am just hopefull, not really for this year on the nectarine tree, but the pears atleast. Granted at the least every other tree was planted "last year" first was Aug 2011. The rest after. So even if I do not get anything it's not a disapointment. Especially off the Nectarine as it's Feb now.
But for them all, if it's not for another year or two then it is what it is.
I am being realistic, just hopefull at the same time.
I will def post pics thru summer and fall though.
In the end I am just hopeful. That's all it comes down to.
The tag (key word tag) says 5 to 6' at most. It is halfway their. At the least my daughter has a tree to grow with her. It will fruit when it's ready.

I appreciate the answers and support. To everyone who has posted and will.

Kya D
Guess your the only one who has posted. Several times today at that. Which I appreciate. (sorry can't spell here).
Maybe I was a little to sparse with my info.
But I found it is a white fruit on the inside, and semi free stone (just like you did) and self polinating which you probably also found.
Just seems like info is not readily available. I will also continue to search here and there. Not real concerned as it seems like a great tree to have anyway. Just like to know what I can.
I am sure I have said it 10 time already but thank you.
My question is more curiosity. I know a plant does what it wants in the end.
And again Kya D thank you for your response.
I am usually the one giving answers and not asking. Hopefully I can get to that position here to, so I can help someone else.

Guess as a last post for the day atleast, goober is by the tree. As I call her atleast.
Her name is Caila.
She want's to help too. So figure I will keep her as occupied as I can. From my 49 Ford almost have it down to the frame, (restoring/building) to plating trees, and the garden.
Dropped the tree and some dirt told her, she didn't move real quick, so I left to fill up the truck. Apparently she walked out the door to help and I was gone. But she still helped plant the tree and the raspberries and black berry I got to.

I haven't been on all day. Too much going on. But I have been to Clarksville. I believe it was in the latter part of the 80's. I worked for TRANE at the time and they gathered us there for a meeting. I left TRANE in 1989 and went back into private contracting.

KCB I am sure more folks will jump in and post with more answers to your tree questions. I am also sure that someone will post a question that you can answer for them.
I just love this site cuz there are so many people that are all so smart with all things garden related.
It has been great just talking with you on this post.

Not without a picture at least. I am liking travel less and less and am close to making the decision to cut it out altogether.

Kya D I have no doubt you are right. I still think it's kinda off season right now.
I know in time I will be able to answer questions. Just my gardening/plant knowledge is not to much. But I think I know a good bit more then I did a few months ago. Just have to remeber it all now.

I know how you feel Randy, granted I am pretty sure I am a bit younger then you at 28. I know my time will come. I think I am going to take a picture every week with Caila by the tree. At least this one as it's her tree. May not be for another month or so, but to show her how quick it will grow. I'm sure I put a picture up every now and again. Hopefully this tree does well.

So far the Pear trees have shot up. The first tree planted in Aug grew 2 1/2' this year. The rest not so much but they were planted later. The only one that did not seem to get taller was the Black Tartarian Cherry. Well the Nectarine, but I planted it 2 days ago. Well see how they start out the year in a few months.

Yes, I have 50 years on you. That's a good idea about the photographic record. My youngest grandchild is 17 years old and I do miss the days when they were smaller. I have had a really good time with them though as they have grown.

Yeah kids grow up real slow when you are one, looking back it went quick. Sure her childhood will go by real quick.
I think I got the idea from others doing the same, but they are both the same height so I think it will be kinda cool to show her at the end of the year and years later for that matter.

Aw come on now. In our last house, I used a door and the kids were marked on the door every birthday. When we sold the home though 12 years ago, the door stayed with the house. My youngest is 46 years old now.

Had a bit of a funny moment today. Googleing Karla Rose Nectarine Tree I found this thread.
Maybe it's just me. Seems like their is alot of info about all my other tree's but this one seems unknown.
For $10 even if it dosen't make it, I won't be real concerned about it. Gives my daughter something to eat.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back