Dwarf Karla Rose Nectarine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Other then being planted in the wrong time of the year, along with 3 blueberry bushes and 4 roses tomorrow. So far I haven't had anything that looks bad yet. Spring will be a good indicator.
Even some off the blue berry bushes have new growth, and some off the trees. We did have a warm spell though. Not it's cold again.

Well gonna add an update, as I find this thread in a google search. Maybe it can help someone else in the future.
Anyway so far the tree does not seem taller at all, comparison being I look at it quite a bit, and my daughter is still the same height.
However the buds are coming along. They have a bright pink color to them in the center. Not quite opeing yet, but just begining so far.
If anyone is interested I will take pics in the probably in the next week or two as it should start to take off.

KCB, every time I see your screen name it reminds me of the English counterpart. In England, KCB is a title that stands for Knight Commander of the Bath. Now I never looked into the duties of that dude but it sounds interesting. I would know nothing of that though were it not for Gilbert and Sullivan's operetta "H.M.S. Pinafore". One of the main characters in the operetta is Sir Joseph Porter, KCB.

Well mine is a little less historic if you will. Got it as short for Kennedy Cougar Band. Just the first thing that came to my mine at the moment. Where I went to highschool.

Okay, that makes sense. I thought about it after I posted, but the "bath" might have had some bearing on the navy but I couldn't figure it out. Within the operetta Sir Joseph is also referred to as "first Lord of the Admiralty". Now that sounds impressive. Gilbert and Sullivan though were masters of satire though and you always wonder what you might be missing in their plots.

KCB,
Would love to see some more pictures of the tree. I love flowering trees. ;) especially those you can eat from

I haven't taken anymore yet. It's still pretty dormant. Got some buds beginning to show pink, and some green where the branches are trying. Probably gonna start taking pictures in the next couple weeks.

I haven't looked closely at my trees for awhile, but it's still pretty early.

Well I guess I lied.
I should have a picture for you tomorrow night. But one of the buds opened up today so I have one little pink flower. Looks like I may have 3 or 4 tomorrow night.
I have not counted but looks like there is about 8 on it. Give or take. Well see how it does.

March62012.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back