Good Afternoon

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Welcome Blue.....your avatar is beautiful!

Yes, Abigail is a beauty. That was almost her downfall, she was supposed to be a puppy-making machine, had spent the first year and half of her life in a 6 X 6 run. She's spent the last 10 1/2 with me, though, living the good life.

WELCOME TO YOU!
And of course your Australian Shepherd and company!
I use to garden with my kitty....

Have fun checking out many threads!

Kale:)

I love it! We have a pup in the house that is giving the kitties fits too. He is about 6 months old now, but he's getting pretty big. He is a yellow lab and he loves chewing on the cats. Two of them don't think it's very funny, but the third one just lays there getting his head wet.

I rescued a Pom 11 years ago. They were going to put her to sleep. DH was out of town so I asked the folks at the pound to hold her for me until he got home. They refused so I offered to pay for her care. They refused. I asked them to call me the afternoon before she was supposed to be put down if she wasn't adopted. They didn't. I called just before closing time and was told she was going to be put down in the morning. Very matter of fact, no emotion. I rushed down there just before they closed their doors. They were not at all happy with me for making them stay late to do the paper work. I was and still am horrified at their attitude. She was filty and hungry. Poor little thing ate like she'd been starved. I've never seen a dog so unkept except on the street. It took me hours to get her clean. She kept looking at me like she just couldn't believe anyone would ever care for her. She was my dog for two days then DH came home. She and he have been joined at the hip ever since. She is so jealous she barks like crazy when anyone including me gives him a hug. They were meant to be together.

We adopted a Pom from the pound about 25 years ago and she was a delight. She was a small puppy and she grew up to a whopping 7 pounds. She lived to be 15 years old and it was pretty hard on us when we had to consent to having her put to sleep. But she was no longer able to stand or eat. She brightened up our household though immensely for such a small package.

Blue,

Welcome to the funny farm! I garden with my fur companion Jessie. She keeps me safe from squirrels and birds :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

How lucky you are to have such a protector. We have some friends that had a dog that would chase and bark at airplanes. Never did catch one.

I have become firmly convinced that our fur buddies pick us not the other way around!

Heh, the first time I saw Abigail, she wouldn't let me touch her, the lady who had her had to pick her up and put her in the car. I held her between my knees and petted and talked to her while my sister drove. By the time we'd gotten home, she had decided I wasn't so awful, and maybe she'd hang around and see how things worked out. The first two weeks I had her, though, I wasn't sure if it was me or that air conditioning vent she liked best.

And I thank you all again for your warm welcomes!

I recently did something I swore never to do. I rescued a pit bull. While I beleive every breed has it place I just don't like what society has done to some breeds. This dog thanks me everyday. I have to keep her on a chain on the deck when I am not around because she is a problem and can not be trusted around animals outside our family or people for that matter. It is rewarding and trying to take an animal who has a past of mistreatment but the rewards far out weight the trouble. My intent is to find "Jada" a qualified home through a rescue group. She has been with us almost a year in July. My insurance will not allow me to keep her and I am on the edge. But I just can't bare the thought of her being back in a situation she came from.
Kudos to you Blue for overcoming Abigails trials in early life. If not for those like you there is no telling where she would have eneded up. Dogs like kids just need firm unconditional love;)

my daughter and her family have rescued several pit bulls. they can be the most loyal dogs and protective. unfortunately they live where they can not have animals now. there is a stray cat that eats at the back door a lot but they don't have any animals which the children hate. I liked the pits. good for you girl.

I recently did something I swore never to do. I rescued a pit bull. While I beleive every breed has it place I just don't like what society has done to some breeds.

Yes! Exactly! It's not the dogs' fault, but they're the ones who pay. I completely understand your hesitation about pit bulls, too. I admire you for trying to make a difference in this one's life.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back