Hi from Seattle and from a complete newbie!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mr.veggie

Hi,

I am very very new to gardening, to be honest with you, I have never done gardening before. My wife is very much interested in growing veggies at home. And that got me interested.

I guess I need to make those wooden squares filled with soil, I am not sure what that is called.

Can somebody pls give me some more info?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there Mr. V welcome to our family. There are lots of folks here that will be glad to help.
I think you mean raised beds. They work well for lots of kinds of veggies.
I think if I were you after I got my beds built I would start with plants that are easy to grow, at least until you get the hang of gardening.
Maybe carrots, beets, peppers, you know the plants that are pretty compact because you will have limited space.
Here is a link that might help.
http://organicgardening.about.com/od/startinganorganicgarden/a/raisedbed.htm

welcome to the forum.......
raised beds are nice......do easy like kya said.....toms and beans are easy, so are zukes and cukes......and dont forget some herbs as well

Raised beds are particularly good up here in the northwest. As you know, our nights cool off considerably at night and that really affects the ripening of vegetables. The raised beds allow the soil to warm us sooner and give you a leg up on early planting.

Hello and welcome to the place...My daughter lives up your way and she did rasied beds this year and found veggies did far better for her...Hope you jump in here and have some fun as you learn more about gardening...:)

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. Jump right in and get dirty... ask any questons, and someone will stop by with an answer. Hope to see you around alot

Hi Mr.V
Welcome. We love to share what we know. Not only do we like to grow gardens , we love to grow new gardeners. So please jump in . We will be happy to help you out with any questions you may have.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back