Lobster for Randy and Woodstock

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw this online this am and thought of you both so thought I would post a pic of it for you to see..

Here is the write up on it

BOSTON, Mass. - A rare calico lobster, caught of the coast of Maine, is now being held at the New England Aquarium in Boston.

Aquarium officials say the lobster was discovered by the staff of Jasper White's Summer Shack in their large lobster tank and originally came in from Winter Harbor.

The lobster will eventually be sent to the Biomes Marine Biology Center in Rhode Island.

The Aquarium says calico lobsters are quite rare.

Prior to 2009, lobster scientists generally considered them to be a 1 in 30 million find. However, in the summer of 2009, several showed up from both Cape Cod and Canada.

Scientists have yet to re-evaluate that figure.

Attachments

• PORT-Calico-lobster.jpg
    PORT-Calico-lobster.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 262
Saw this online this am and thought of you both so thought I would post a pic of it for you to see..

Here is the write up on it

BOSTON, Mass. - A rare calico lobster, caught of the coast of Maine, is now being held at the New England Aquarium in Boston.

Aquarium officials say the lobster was discovered by the staff of Jasper White's Summer Shack in their large lobster tank and originally came in from Winter Harbor.

The lobster will eventually be sent to the Biomes Marine Biology Center in Rhode Island.

The Aquarium says calico lobsters are quite rare.

Prior to 2009, lobster scientists generally considered them to be a 1 in 30 million find. However, in the summer of 2009, several showed up from both Cape Cod and Canada.

Scientists have yet to re-evaluate that figure.

Never heard of such a thing. Pretty interesting.

Attachments

• Rotten Woman.jpg
    Rotten Woman.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 293
Less than a month and I will be eating lots of Lobsters, watch out New England and Nova Scotia, here I come.

ahhhhhhhhh he's so pretty.....I couldnt eat that lobster

wow kya that sure was an interesting lobster.......amazing how he was half one color and half another color.......

Wow those are cool. Thanks Laurie and Dawn for sharing. Isn't it funny how every species has it's anomalies? When we were fishing , I found crabs with 4 claws! I have pictures somewhere. I found a crab we called Don King because all his points on his shell were standing straight up. I have to see if I can find those pictures.

ahhhhhhhhh he's so pretty.....I couldnt eat that lobster

wow kya that sure was an interesting lobster.......amazing how he was half one color and half another color.......

Miss B is just adding to her many others. LOL

Attachments

• Rotten Woman.jpg
    Rotten Woman.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 321
Well, I truly did a goofy thing ~ b/c tomorrow night is our play-off hockey game, I had lobsters sent from Maine. They will be a surprise for MTM. (A) They are red and our team is red. (B) My favorite seafood is lobster (C)Maybe it will bring us good luck. GAME 7! Have to win it![/COLOR] ROCK THE RED[/COLOR] Nothing like trying to hide lobsters! 7:30 tomorrow night at Madison Square Gardens against the NY Rangers. I erally didn't even nkow I LIKED hockey! All I'd really like is a hockey puck.I keep asking MTM,"May I please get a hockey puck?" "When do I get a hockey puck?" "OH YOU SAID you can get a hockey puck from that store so you can get me a HOCKEY PUCK! THAT'S a GREAT IDEA! THANK you!" well, who knows :) WingNut Curbie

I had a late lunch so probably don't need dinner.A hotdog and ice cream with almonds on it. MTM was off crabbing so I was on my own today. Hope all the Mom's out therre had a nice Mother's Day! Curbie

Attachments

• Egan's lilies 006 (2)  for Egan.jpg
    Egan's lilies 006 (2) for Egan.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 272
  • red and pink llily 004 (2)  EM.jpg
    red and pink llily 004 (2) EM.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 277
David grilled steaks today. I baked potatoes and prepared the condiments. There wasn't much to that though. I cooked the bacon a couple of days ago and just chopped it up today. I harvested some chives out of the herb barrel and chopped those up. The sour cream, butter, and grated cheese was just a matter of setting them out. Fiona made a salad.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back