My Magical River Walk

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

That was interesting. Do you by any chance know is that was an Atlantic Salmon in the picture? We have 5 or 6 varieties of Pacific Salmon and they are all in the same family (Oncorhynchus). The Atlantic salmon is in the salmo family like most trout. The major difference in Pacific and Atlantic though is that all the Pacific salmon die after spawning and the Atlantic salmon return to the sea to return and spawn again.

didnt know that randy......about the pacific salmon......I knew about the atlantic salmon because Andrew took me to pulaski, NY and we watched the salmon going upstream......I could of picked them right out of that stream with my bare hands there were so many of them...

I'm pretty sure the salmon in Scotland are of the Salmo family, but not positive. I also believe that fly fishing originated there long before this land was colonized. In the days before our mechanical fishing reels, round flat baskets were secured to the fronts of fishermen and the fishing line was coiled in the basket as best they could while fishing. I have seen artist's sketches of the fishing equipment and it's very interesting. I have made fly rods and tied flies but never really mastered the art of fly fishing. I was quite successful though in catching trees and rocks.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back