My veggie garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Thanks ron. I am pretty proud of the spuds. They are really good too. I have plenty more to harvest. That was a test to see what was going on. I think I will just harvest as I need them. I still have whites and yukon golds and more reds.

Randy,
candied rose petals are good too.

Curbie,
You can be our resident flower recipe tester. Just don't eat the dumbcane or oleander please ;)

Awesome Crabber! :) And thanks for the pics! I hope my veggies do that good. Btw, I'm totally all over fried acorn squash. :D It's the only squash I like, lol.
Btw, the plants you sent me are still alive and the Devils Walking stick plant cutting has lots 1 1/2 inch long roots now! :D I'll take pics and I'm potting it up today.

I'm spreading and mixing sand and compost. I'm planting onions today. I still wanna plant Artichokes but I don't have the seeds yet.

Hey Lyn. Totally good luck with your classes this summer! :)

Hey Wombat. Yeah, Eph and Cru said the nights are getting cool now. :) They live near Melbourne and Cru's the happiest. She doesn't have AC.

I don't know what an artichoke plant looks like. I ♥ ♥ ♥ yukon gold potatoes and those little red ones.Can't say I've ever seen a potato in the ground though. I know you can grow the top part in water. Nasturiums are not only pretty in the yard ~they really are edible. I love them.MTM always asks,"Are you going to EAT THAT FLOWER?" I wonder if you can eat the leaves also? Curbie

Well, Ron, how does the artichoke develop? WHERE does it develop? At the bottom?How old do they have to be to harvest? Can you tell I am on a STEEP learning curve? :) Curbster

Thanks, Ron. I'm trying to find a picture of the plant but coming up empty. What do they taste like? Don't you have to squoosh them between your teeth? I'm telling you, I know nothing about these. :) Curbz

THIS is AWESOME! Thanks ,Ron! I AM GETTING an ARTICHOKE! However, since the Earth rotates, I'm really not sure where to plant it. I'm going to work on this new project! I'm excited. I've been trying to grow an avocado plant. I'm not very good at it. Nobody has sprouted. Maybe I should stick with laundry and cooking. I'm getting an Avocado plant! MTM said the other day,"Do you know there is NO ROOM on our deck any more?" Well, the Christmas tree is still out there......MAYBE if the Christmas tree came down...." I sometimes feel sorry for MTM b/c he really can't win for losing with me. If I hear,"YOU KNOW what your PROBLEM IS? YOU are from PITTSBURGH!" again, it just bounces off my head. Love is great ♥! Curbie

My neighbor planted and grew artichokes last year. My Nemesis is asparagus. I am having a time getting them to produce big canes. They are about 5-6 years old now. I get little pencil thin canes. :(

My grandma could grow asparagus in her tiny yard. The ferns were used in flower arrangements and we'd eat the 'aspergrass', as she called it. I THINK it takes a good clay soil (that's all we had in Pittsburgh). SO, good luck, CG! Curbz

My Nemesis is asparagus. I am having a time getting them to produce big canes. They are about 5-6 years old now. I get little pencil thin canes. :(

It is recommended to dig a trench around 2ft deep and at least 2ft wide. Fill the trench with well rotted manure, packing it down as you go. Then, cover this with some of the soil you previously removed! Plant the crowns so the roots grow right into the manure!
Use a mulch of well aged manure once a year!
That should do the trick!

Too much work for me!
I'm happy buying them at the market!

I'm with you, Ron. I have tried to grow it twice in years past and got sparse results.

I've tried growing it too with no luck, my grammie always had a big patch of it and it was yummy.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back