New from Seattle area

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Lyn, Bob explained our climate pretty well. I'd like to add, we have dry summers with relative low humidity. Hot, muggy days are a rarity here. Working outside in the winter when it's cool with high humidity, is warmer than you think. I can get a lot done with temps in the 40's during the winter. Today I left my coat in the truck when planting.

Austin is my favorite city in Texas. San Antonio a close second. I first saw it in 1964, way before the River walk like it is now. Air Force bootcamp at Lackland AFB.
Mike

I remember the river walk too, but it was probably a lot different in 1941. I was in second grade then.

Mike I think Austin is an awesome city. That is if traffic doesn't bother you. I hate the traffic on 35 and Mopac.
I have found a great source of native plants at the Wildflower center. They have plant sales twice a year and I try to get there. I have found some really nice plants to put in my herb garden there.
sometimes the plants are much bigger than I thought they would be so I learn new things when I just pick plants because of their flowers. lol
I have prickly pears (spineless) agave and yucca out in front. My neighbors like the plantings and some tell me they will get huge so we will see.

Hi, Mike ~ I apologize for not welcoming you before~ I'm still having technical difficulties. Well, the computer is.... lovely landscaping. And as someone else said,it's hard to beat a good persona of 'who you are' . I think nature lovers recognize another nature lover ~ whether it's a prickly pear, a banana tree, or ivy. I think as gardeners, we express ourselves with our plants. Our yard is very small so when the hosta get too big..I put them out in the common area (right outside our t/h) Someone asked,"Are you allowed to do that?" oh...i didn't ask...Well welcome and we're glad you found us! :) Curbie (Seattle looks just like Pittsburgh. oh.....has anyone told anyone that Pittsburgh is going to the SuperBowl :) )

Last edited:
Lovely pics!

Mike, those are some breathtaking views from your windows! You have done a beautiful job creating a welcoming space.
Will definetly have to look at your albums for other photos! :)
Thanks for making the day around here brighter!

I find windows make such a HUGE difference in a home, as well as plants. When someone can enter your home (wipe their feet :) ) and have that 'welcoming' feeling, mission accomplished. You know what I like knowing ~ I feel welcome every time I walk in this door so come on in! :) You know that line in Wizard of Oz..."There's no place like home...." ~ it couldn't be true-er. Home is where your ♥ is. Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back