Please pray for Randy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I-I sir. (I don't know how to spell that :) ) What's your last name Mr. Cobb? I am in SUCH a silly mood today.Bring on the hicpups! Curbie (AKA Goofball)

We'll see what he says. I have a couple of plates of cookies ready to take in to the hospital for the ER and ICU.

I am not sure you can bribe yourself to good health ;) Just kiddin, those are some lucky caregivers.

I dropped off the cookies and both units were surprised. I saw the cardiologist in the afternoon and found out he is a Viet Nam vet. I also found out that any decision about a pacemaker is predicated on the data that will come from the heart monitor I am wearing at the present time.

have to tell you b/c this has to do with Vietnam Veterans. I got a call this morning and this fellow said,"If you have anything to donate to the Vietnam Veterans, we would appreciate your donation." We got to goofing around and I asked,"Cats?Plants? We have a dog, too" Ma'am, I still trying to find if we take cats. No cats. No plants. no dogs.Eric said,"I have NEVER had a phone call like this before. Will you leave your items on the porch? ". This poor guy could not stop laughing. So I said,"I will co-operate to the best of my ability under the law of court." He CRACKED up and said,"Let's just keep talking. YOU are TOO MUCH fun." I think people have such boring jobs that if we can add a twinkle to their eye, why not. Cookies = SMILES. More cookies = MORE SMILES. It really isn't rocket science. I smile at you and you will smile back at me. :) Curbie

Well I am truly sorry I missed seeing this, and I am so glad you are out of hospital and in good hands..... the dr's, your family, your neighbours, and of course He who has the whole world in his hands!! I honestly believe the prayers of all of you went a LONG way to helping me with my cancer which has still not returned Praise God. Now we are awaiting results from a biopsy on dear husband. Take good care Randy :)

Our Randy is a tough old"ish" bird. You take care of you Randy and listen to what those doctors are telling you. I gained 5 pounds on vacation, now tomorrow and sunday I gotta get hubby out on the Caledonia trails. Easy on, terrible off, dangit.

GREAT NEWS JANET!!!! WOOHOO! Exercise on Janet. We're having great weather for the exercise trails.

Attachments

• party_animals_e0.gif
    party_animals_e0.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Greatdaycat.jpg
    Greatdaycat.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 254
I saw my regular doctor yesterday just for updating him, but I was able to deal with a couple of other items. They gave me an allergy shot to see if that would help me deal with the swelling in my airway. I was able to sleep in bed last night and that's a plus. I also asked him if it was all right if I used a pain pill prescribed for knee pain for back pain. When I am on my feet for any length of time, my back really hurts. If it isn't too long, I can get by with a couple of ibuprofen tablets. But when I spend a lot of hours on Fridays cooking in the kitchen, by the time I am finished, my back is killing me. He gave me the green light to use the pain pills. I have used six of them since January.

I know you won't abuse the pain pills. Keep on going there Randy it sounds like you are getting back to normal.

I'm getting there, but it's not over. Tomorrow will complete the week with the heart monitor. That gets mailed off to some lab and then they get back to the cardiologist with the data. I'll get a phone call and an appointment after they have time to digest the data.

Well Randy, I sure hope that lab gives a good report for you.
Know that you are still in my daily prayers.

Things are moving slowly. I removed the heart monitor on Tuesday and sent it off to a lab in California. Once they have extracted the data and notified the cardiologist, I will get a call and have to go in for a conference.

We are glad you are not in hospital and able to be at home with your wife! I know the prayers here are very effective, my husband and I both had good news yesterday, neither one of us any evidence of any cancer!! Now if hubby's pension could just get sorted out in the next short while so we can stop worrying about that, I would be able to sleep a little easier as well. I am not sure why it takes according to them, about 120 days to be sorted. :confused: I hope you are well enough to make your marionberry jelly this year Randy!!

Boy, I bet you were glad to be rid of the monitor! I only had to wear one for two days and was glad to have it off. Did you have to do a diary too? I feel for you,Randy.
Hope you are having a wonderful Father's Day!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back