sad news about Thomas Kincaide

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

woodstock

I was so saddened to hear about the passing of artist and painter of light Thomas Kincaide.......I remember the first time I saw his paintings, I was with Vinni who was on the old forum......and there was a gallery of his paintings in Rockport Mass.......I must of spent an hour in that place, looking at his paintings and playing with the dimmer switches in awe of how the lights went on and off with each painting......

I to am sadden with his passing. I have seen some of his paintings in digital form but it is not the same as seeing them in life. I wish I could get a chance to see them soon.

:eek: Wow,was not aware of this one! He did some really cool work and so thankful I know where he is today ontop of the sad news as well!! He touched not only the art world ( I'm sure ) ,but to the many folks that enjoyed and still will for years to come as well! Thanks for sharing this news with us Woodstock,ik it was a sad piece to share for anyone really!!

Last edited:
I have never cared for abstract art, so Kincaide's art was beautiful to me.

I was never much into art atho my mom dragged me thru the NYC museum of art year after yr when I was a child.......but his paintings were amazing.....what a loss to the art world......and so young......Julie sent me one of his calendars one yr for xmas....I still have that calendar just to look at his art work.....

This makes me very very sad. I have a few things of his, none of his original paintings though. When we were in Carmel last summer, we went to his gallery but it was already closed, but we gazed in the window, and I promised this summer when we were on our trip to California again, we would be getting to the gallery early because I also want to look at something he has done with his own hands.

It was sad to hear he passed on. I suppose partly because there won't be any more Thomas K paintings, selfish me! Art critics didn't care for his work, but lots of real people love it. I think that's what counts.

The critics obviously are not always right. I have seen art that was highly praised that I considered garbage.

Dunno much about art but hey, his paintings are awesome and it's really got mom upset. She's def a Kinkade fan. But I really don't get the "natural causes" thing cause he was only 54 and people can live to be 90 or even 100. I'm glad they're doing an autopsy cause I def don't believe he died naturally.
He was a really cool dude and he even gave some of his paintings away to help other people. He deserved to have a longer life.
RIP.

There are many people though that are taken too early. It is just a fact of life. It is especially bad when a young person loses their life needlessly.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back