The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Glad you're on the up side, Peggy. ALWASY GOOD TO SEE YOU, JOHN.

I HAVE TO ADMIT...THE OLDER i GET, THE EASIER IT IS TO JUST LET BAD BEHAVIOR GO. tHERE WERE TIMES IT SEEMED SO IMPORTANT TO GET THAT LAST WORD IN, OR THAT LAST REAL GOOD DIG. bUT, AS MUCH AS i AM SURPRISED...i THINK i'M GROWING UP A LITTLE.

Last edited:
Shinekeeper I am on my 60th year of living and have definietly learned the less said the better usually.

Peggy great to hear that you're on the mend, thank you for the kind wishes too, don't over do it too soon my friend:)
Shiney always a pleasure see you too, good to hear you're finally trying to behave yourself...sorta:D
Dale I'm fairly quiet too but my much better half is very quick on the draw:rolleyes: a lot of times I'm the oil on the water so to speak lol
Quiet day here doing some painting and resurrecting my little patch, lots of water still around glad I have raised beds, talk to you all again soon:)

I have learned over the years that less is better too. Have learned to pick my fights and that I don't have to argue to get my point across. I am trying to get that across to my youngest daughter that is very high strung and quick tempered, somthing I used to be. My oldest has always been low keyed and peace loving. Something I am thankful for.

Good morning, friends. I'm starting slow this morning. I put in a heavy day on the chicken pen, but got all the chicken wire installed and some of the bird netting across the top. The rain was supposed to return last night, so I at least beat the weather with the chicken wire part of the project. The pen is 8 feet tall, so I can stand up in there now without hunching over.

Sounds like you're doing a bang up (pun intended) job on that chicken coop Randy! How many chickens do you have?
I would love to have chickens again!!

Shiney...good to hear you're finally trying to behave yourself...sorta:D

Only sorta...this darn light just shines unruly:D

Good deal, Randy. You made short work of that coop.

We got about an inch of "no accumulation expected". Sun will make quick work of it.

Got to see my unborn grandson in a 4-D ultrasound yesterday. He smiled, stuck his tongue out, and then stuck his big toe in his eye. It is amazing what you can see nowdays. The experience sure made him a "real" baby to his momma and daddy... Cohen Andrew, due to debut May 25.

We have 10 hens and no roosters. We lost a hen to a coyote or a hawk a couple of days ago. Fiona got six peeps last year in the spring and we lost one of them to a skunk when she was about half grown. I got the skunk though after that. I only got two skunks last year, but in 2007, I got 16 of them. 14 of them I caught in a trap and I shot one in the chicken house and one outside the chicken house. The one I shot in the chicken house sent me to the shower.

I loved having chickens. We raised a little Silky lady and she followed us like a puppy. Her feathery feet looked like house shoes! If you sat down outdoors, she would fly up in your lap and just talk and talk. She met and married and old retired fighting cock and they had 6 babies...3 like her and 3 like him. I must say the rooster did not share his wife's friendly nature. We named him No Toes, as some toes had frozen off in his previous life. We ate many little pale green eggs and very much enjoyed our flock. Unfortunately the neighbor dog enjoyed them far too well. That's the end of this story.

A neighbor dog got one of our chickens too, but Fiona was out where she saw it and was able to rescue the hen from his/her jaws.

My ex handled this dog in a not nice way He knew how the kids and I loved the chickens. He didn't know who the dog belonged to. I did. When I called the guy (lived about a half mile away) he got all mouthy with me. The chickens were inside a pen...but it was my fault his dog killed them! And...they were just stupid chickens anyway! We finally made up, but for a while we were not friends.

I hope he came to the realization that he was wrong. One of my college teachers many years ago told us in class that our rights only extended to the point they interfered with the rights of another person. It was a psychology class and I think that is almost the only thing I remember from that class. It was in 1951.

Honestly, I think the guy just thought I was stupid to care about chickens. Everyone around me lets their dogs run loose...they believe it is their right because we live in the "country". I always contained my pets as I do NOT share the belief it is okay for my pet to bother others.

But...if everyone was perfect like me, it would sure be a boring world...:p:D

(Those who know me...know just how PERFECT I am...and that I am so very full of it...)

Last edited:
Shine my friend......ROFLAO! Thanks for the laugh this morning... I haven't had a lot to say...day 9 into this not puffing anymore...I'm gonna make it this time... I do believe I am..
Peggy:)

Shine my friend......ROFLAO! Thanks for the laugh this morning... I haven't had a lot to say...day 9 into this not puffing anymore...I'm gonna make it this time... I do believe I am..
Peggy:)

You are awesome!!
The Girls have asked me several times if you quit...but I was afraid to mention it and mess things up for you. They will be proud! Yesterday was 1 year for Pam!

I think that's awesome too. I visited my neighbor across the road and he is a smoker. When I stop by I try and do it when I leave the house rather than when I come back. That gives me a chance to air out before coming home. I had a little encounter with a skunk yesterday though, so cigarette smoke was not very high on my important list.

Oh my gosh Randy...what a smell...I had one in my wood shop several weeks ago...needless to say i forgot what i wentto the shop after and left...
Baby ones make such wonderful pets...LOL deoderized.. I had three of them as pets as a kid...Momma had gotten killed and dad rescued the babies and had them deoderized...one of them followed me everywhere..

Shine I am just grateful that I finally received the stick to it tive ness...LOL what a combo of words...had to use a lil bit of mental gymnastics and find some congruence...and a lil bit of faith...
I think of Pam often...really, really liked that lady...tell her I am very, very proud of her and tell the girls "Hello" .....you are all a great group of ladies that I feel priviledged to have had the oppertunity to share on my path...

Have a good day...

Peggy

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back