The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It's 73° here today also...just came in...been pulling ivy out of a bed...it sure had taken over... Its really windy here also...Was not getting a lot accomplished..
I still have to go and close everything up...but i have to go back out anyway and grill steaks...

John I am doing really good...I am hanging tight and still not smoking...I find it a real challenge for sure... I am proud of myself...this is quite an accomplishment for me..
2 months is a long time to be stranded for sure...do you have the mosquito problem where you'r at John.... take care and stay safe...

Peggy

AWESOME Peggy! your a better woman than I am...although I am on Chantix to quit...I know...I've herd all the hype that's on the news and such about the complications with taking it....but right now...my will isn't as strong as it once was...the chantix makes me get sick every time I try to smoke..I mean ready to spew sick...lol

John I haven't herd anything on the new's about what's going on up their but then I don't watch alot of TV....lol
BUT I DOOO know about the snakes ya'll have up/over their....watched a documentry about the 10 most deadlyest snakes in the world....ya'll have more then I want to get close too...LOL!
Speaking of which....I saw on TV {ove of the rare occasion's} a woman took a holiday to brazil and when she returned home she noticed a growth on her head...well it kept getting bigger after a few days she went to the Dr and Low and behold their was something that looked like a maggot in the HEAD!
they shaved off the hair....coverd the opening with vasoline and a wrap to keep it in place...a few days later she go's back and the Dr removes it with tweezers....Nasty looking thing!:eek:

Rhonda, so sorry to hear about your brother. My heart goes out to you.
Deb, so sorry to hear about your job. It's tough out there but I know you will do ok, you are a srong person and will make it though. I think about it alot, if i lose my job what will i do.
Peggy good for you, i'm back on the chantix as i have to quit as the prices keep going up and up, quit last yr for 6 months and the yr before. got to quit for good now,. started the chantix on friday.
had to order bifocals yesterday...ouch... not ready for them yet but the dr said i need them, tie rod is going in the truck so got a call into my mechanic to get it fixed, hoping to bring it over today to him, when it rains it pours.....
i can't remember all that i read so will say that i'm, thinking of you all and hope you all are doing well, got to get my butt in gear, jsut got a call to bring my truck over so got to wait for my parents to get back from going out to breakfast to give me a ride back, hoping it's not too expensive to fix, the place that fouund it said about $300 but hoping it's alot cheaper than that for me.... sun is out and suppose to be close to 50 today, it was yesterday and we got rain last night so lots of melting going on here, YIPEE might see some lawn soon if we have these temps for a few days.

Laurie and Rhonda if Chantix is what it takes for you to beat em so be it... I have to honestly say with my bi-polar the Chantix made me a crazed woman.. Most meds counter act differently with me that is why i don't like doing meds....period...
This time round I am cold turkey...I think I had to get rigerously honest with myself about myself... I think that is the difference with me this time... I recognize every day the phyliological... I am observing, meditating on many levels, but most of all I plain ole surrendered..
I will win this war this time...God knows i have given in thousands and thousands of times to this as John calls it legal weed...Addiction is addiction and this one is i think the worse to break----I have to say its easier this time than ever before...

John I hope the wind chases the cooler weather away also ... Heck I always thought I would like to visit Australia and I would still love that experience just one time but think I'll stay put here in the Bluegrass State.

Laurie life happens when we least expect it and we just have to take the hand dealt to us and make the best of it... Pray and expect the best and then man up...
Try to be positive..when positive things come out of your mouth...positive flows into your life...when negative comes out...negative flows in.. It never fails...Everything goes full circle...

Peggy

Ladies--let me know how you do with the Cantix--will you? I have GOT to quit also--but not ready, just yet. LOL I have a goal------as soon as I get moved and things "settle down", then I'm going to tackle the smoking problem. Would like to do it now--but I know I'm not ready.
I did quit--about 4 years ago--for about 3 months.:(:eek:

Laurie----hope it doesn't cost you too much to get your truck fixed. You're lucky you found someone to do it on a Sunday for you too. I know what you mean about when it rains it pours. Seems like my whole life has been that way! The last 2 years have been a horror show. LOL BUT-----I guess it makes you appreciate the good things that do happen a whole lot more! And I know that it's the grace of God that keeps me going!

Wombat--I pray God keeps you all safe from all the "kritters"--flying or not! I havn't heard antthing on the news here except about the fires. I know you're not looking forward to the cold setting in--but it should take care of the skeeters, at least. Did you know that the "Skeeter" is Maine's state bird? :D;):D

Ladies--let me know how you do with the Cantix--will you? I have GOT to quit also--but not ready, just yet. LOL I have a goal------as soon as I get moved and things "settle down", then I'm going to tackle the smoking problem. Would like to do it now--but I know I'm not ready.
I did quit--about 4 years ago--for about 3 months.:(:eek:

Laurie----hope it doesn't cost you too much to get your truck fixed. You're lucky you found someone to do it on a Sunday for you too. I know what you mean about when it rains it pours. Seems like my whole life has been that way! The last 2 years have been a horror show. LOL BUT-----I guess it makes you appreciate the good things that do happen a whole lot more! And I know that it's the grace of God that keeps me going!

Wombat--I pray God keeps you all safe from all the "kritters"--flying or not! I havn't heard antthing on the news here except about the fires. I know you're not looking forward to the cold setting in--but it should take care of the skeeters, at least. Did you know that the "Skeeter" is Maine's state bird? :D;):D

So far the Chantix has done good for me....although I DO slip up and try to smoke...but as soon as I do I get nausieated and have to put it out...My Kids are encuraging me as well...
I once told them that I wasn't on any nerve meds and the smoking was my way to calm down...but that was only my way of dealing with not wanting to quit smoking...lol
Now...I have 6 reasons to quit :D

1.Thomas
2. Miranda
3.Connor
4.Courtney
5.Kourtney
6.Kaytlin

now if that aint inspiration what is? ;)

Rhonda, so sorry to hear about your brother. My heart goes out to you. =QUOTE]

Thanks Mainegal
it was a shock to all of the Family but one that I knew was gonna happen....my brother lived reckless and in the end...he paid the ultimate price...:(

Good Morning Gang!

getting ready to head off to work....again.....well I've had 3 days off but I dont feel like it....Have a good Day Folk's and I'll be back on tonight!

I was hoping to do some pruning today, but it's snowing pretty heavily out there and I changed my mind. About the best I will do today is to poke around in the greenhouse for awhile. I did tell Fiona though that I will make up some boards for her to dry her soap on. I can probably do that. I think I have enough laminate left from a previous job to do several. I want to make a couple of smaller boards to put on the counter top under stuff like the crockpot and Foreman grill to keep from damaging the laminate on the countertop. I'm sure I'll need some contact cement though. The stuff I have left is probably hard as a brick by now.

Good Morning BlueGrass Bunch!
getting ready to head out to work....after today...1 more then off for 4! WOOOT!

Hope that all is well with my Cyber Family.....Be back in later tonight....Hugs!!!!

I was hoping to do some pruning today, but it's snowing pretty heavily out there and I changed my mind. About the best I will do today is to poke around in the greenhouse for awhile. I did tell Fiona though that I will make up some boards for her to dry her soap on. I can probably do that. I think I have enough laminate left from a previous job to do several. I want to make a couple of smaller boards to put on the counter top under stuff like the crockpot and Foreman grill to keep from damaging the laminate on the countertop. I'm sure I'll need some contact cement though. The stuff I have left is probably hard as a brick by now.

Sayin a prayer for you and MF that the sun will come out and Brighten your day enough to get out and do some planting....:)

when Does spring actually set in for you?

I pruned some things yesterday...
The weather is so wonderful here...taking a quick break this morning.....time for a cup of java...it is to be 77 here today and its already 68 with the sun shining so brightly... My gosh i love it...
Randy last Saturday I drew out and cut bread boards...
I make all kinds of cutting boards...always a quick sale..
I use one of the butcher block boards I made to dry and cut my soap...
I made myself and daughter patchouli soap last week... our favorite...
Have a good day everyone...
Peggy

Mornin', all. Yesterday was glorious here. I dug a new flowerbed...expanded one, actually. Cleaned some of the leaves out of the 2 ponds. My fishies survived the winter, yay! Fixed my little wishing well that the wind busted. Picked up a hundred and 1 limbs. Cleaned some in the garage and just messed around outside. This being laid off wouldn't be half bad if I was independently wealthy!!
Today is gloomy looking, think rain is on the way. Don't have my usual "rain headache", though.

It's chilly and damp here, but I still want to get back to work on the projects. I stopped by Home Depot on my way to the nursing home and picked up a couple of sticks. One of them is hemlock molding for those little boards. The other is a 2 x 2 and I will cut spacers for Fiona so she can stack her soap boards. I asked if she wanted any finish on them so it would be less likely to splinter, but she wasn't sure that a finish would react with the alkali in the soap. I did sand them smooth anyway. PL, I like the idea of those cutting boards like that and I understand why they would sell quickly. Our neighbor across the road used to work at a company called Adec as a cabinet maker. She gave us a very nice cutting board that she made. Adec makes those really fancy pieces of equipment that you sit in at a dentist's office. They sure are a far cry form those old drills that I remember from when I first started going to a dentist. Back then I didn't even get novacaine. I hated to go to the dentist. But it's still not one of my favorite things to do. I do enjoy teasing the hygienist though.

It is warm, sunny and a little windy today. I stopped at HD and checked on the wiring for my tomato cages. They did have it in 3ft and 5 ft height. I think I will get one of each. The 2 X 12 X 10 foot boards for my raised beds are $7.97 and I will need 3 for each raised bed. I want them to be 5X10 ft. I can make 3 for around $78 + $49 for my wire for the cages. I will have my yard man bring in a truck load of garden soil for me.

I built several raised beds at our last house. I have pretty good solar exposure where we are now though. The garden is right next to our little orchard so the rows next to the fruit trees do get some shade during the day.

Good Morning Friends!

can't stay but a few...I'll get in here tonight and catch up as I dont have to work tomarrow! WOOT!!!!

Hugs to Muh Friends!

Okay, Miss Rhonda. Stop by when you can. My day will be broken up a little by a doctor appointment (this sfternoon). I hope we get to warm up a little bit though.

78 yesterday...40 today. Little bit of a shock, but it IS Ohio, after all.

Spent the afternoon with my 9 month old granddaughter yesterday. She crawls like a monkey on hard surfaces...and repeats everything you say like a parrot. And she found a straight pin I didn't know existed...been a looooong time since little feet been in MY living room!! (she didn't stick herself...just pointed at it!)

If it's there, they will find it, Shine. It's been a long time here too. The youngest, 14, just came downstairs and filled the dog's bowl. Won't be long and he'll be shaving.

Good Mid Morning Folks....
Shine I know exactly what ya meant when ya said I picked up a 101 limbs...
Never have picked up so many limbs and cut up so many in my life at one time...between the ice storm and the strong winds there were many down...
Glad your fishies made it thru the winter.
Those lil ones are so amazing...and they find everything...Josie was 2 on the third of March...she has found out how to call Nana's # and she calls me several times a day...that lil one has stolen my heart...Parkers lil features are really just now just popping out all over...handsome lil man...he will be 1 come June and Evye is red headed as can be with such a beautiful smile...she is 4 months...

I cleaned outside for more than several days..burnt the garden and dug down good where i am putting the asparagus raised bed...will be doing that this weekend... My youngest son buys railroad tyes for the repair of the railroad tracks around the country and he is keeping the unsaleaable ones for me..that is what i am making my raised beds out of.. I like freebies...have to save ever penny this day and age...
I planted two more grape vines in the arbor and two more blueberry bushes in the blueberry patch.....

The weather is wintery again and they are saying snow tonight...Presently @ 10:37 it's 31°...to be back up to 57 day after tomorrow..
I have started many seed...i am about to run out of room.. I just love it...contiures to fascinate me...

Have a good day everybody...
Peggy

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back