The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It's been raining pretty persistently yesterday and today, but that skunk odor is still pretty heavy out by the chicken pen. When I stopped by to see my neighbor yesterday, the first words out of their mouth was, "Did you get another skunk?" They could smell it down the road.

LOL Randy! My puppy girls killed a skunk in our back yard the first summer we lived here. I'm surprised that the neighbors still wanted to talk to us after that - it was HORRIBLE!

Peggy - ain't it great how this website has brought some of us together that would have never met otherwise? I've got to meet Shiney too and also Randy and his lovely wife and I've got to say they all are some of the best people I've had the opportunity to met. I hope I get the chance to get to meet many more of our gardening friends sometime.

My l'il sweetpea turned 15 yesterday! :) :(
It's so joyous to watch her grow into a young woman but sad all at the same time. I'm trying to cherish her while I still have her to myself. It won't be long before some boy comes along and steals her heart away from me.

Well, I've read back a week or more and can't remember who said what so I'll just fly by the seat of my pants and hope I match th right people up with the right subject.

John, I am so happy to hear that you and yours are safe. Kept you on my mind and in my prayers when listening to the news about those awful fires. Also thinking about Mark from Posey pointers and wondering if the fires missed his lovely flowers.

Shine, I've just started a quilt for my granddaughters wedding in May, and am totally trying to finish it in time. Machine sewing the top but am going to try to hand quilt it. That's one of the reasons I've been absent lately. Just busy in all directions.
My youngest son and family came in this weekend and everything else was put on hold. My baby Amber, who I was with every day between the ages of two to nine is a tiny bit taller than me now, and 14. TJ is taller than his daddy, so it was a true joy to see them for a little while. Too short. Timmy was promoted to senior supervisor at his hydrochem job and you can really tell the stress is off now. There for awhile he was working anywhere from 70 to 90 hours a week and sure was looking aged. He has 4 supervisors under him now so the stress has really slacked off.

Peggy, happy to her you've recovered from that nasty pnemonia and congratulations on stopping smoking. I'm still a victim and sure wish I would just quit!!Guess it's gonna take pnemonia to knock some sense into my noggin.

Now my mind has gone blank again, so I guess it's time to get up and clean the kitchen up.

oh by the way. Talked to Herbyanne a couple of weeks ago and she thinks she finally got over that sinus problem she had. It's been unseasonably cool there in California but she said it didn't bother her much,,,,,,,those rooms are small and she said she stayed warm enough. She doesn't get enough excercise, being on the 5th floor and still can't walk far. Seems to be much clearer in her mind though and still talks about getting her webTV back so we can hope one day she'll just DO IT.
Now I'm going to head for the kitchen and maybe come back to read tomorrow while I'm still awake enough to remember who said what.

Randy, look out for those smelly things!!! My goodness, they like Oregon!! Sorry you had a run in with one again.

So, Marie...please bring me up to date...Herby finally found a decent place to live? I've lost track of her living conditions. i'm glad she has you to befriend her. You'll have to post a pic of that quilt.

Nat...wow, 15. Where did THAT time go? It's hard for me to believe my baby will be 21 Tuesday and a daddy in May!

Peggy...believe me, the pleasure of meeting you was a highlight of my year. And more than a page in the CabinGirl scrapbook.

I remember the smell of old skunk on my dog...ugh.

Deb, shortly after Herby was released from the hospital, after her stroke, she contacted Agency for Aging because she HAD to move from the awful conditions in the old house she was rooming, she had NO transportation, and her back problems made it impossible to go check out different living areas. Link that with the fact that Ventura is largely a resort area with astronomical housing cost, and you can imagine her panic. They found a room for her in what had been a hotel in downtown Ventura, and has been converted to a rooming house for the elderly or infirm. Not a nursing home. It's set up like efficiancy apartments, confined to one room and she shares a bath with several other people. She cannot walk far before her legs give out due to a back injury that occured during her employment in the State mental institution caused by a patient. She wants to stay as close to the area where her kids live as she can. Her transportation is a senior bus. Will take photos of the quilt as soon as I get it together:eek:)

Thanks, Marie Well, doesn't sound like the greatest living conditions, but maybe ok. With her vision trouble (and the other stuff wrong!) maybe 1 room is somewhat safer for her. I was wondering why she was there, didn't realize it was to be near her kiddos.

I have met a few of my cyber friends in person and it is a treat. I met two of them when we took a trip to Ohio almost two years ago. I got to meet Natalie and had dessert or something like that at a place sort of in-between Mansfield and where she was coming from. Then I got to meet another lady and her husband that I knew from GardenGuides. She was another Jackie and she spelled it different than Jackie the site owner so they wouldn't be confused. That didn't keep me from getting confused though as I sent her a parcel of jam when I thought I was sending it to the other. I didn't realize it though for another year or two. LOL

Marie (froglady)--I remember Herbyann from GG and have wondered where she ended up and how she was doing. Please tell her that we all miss her and hope she gets back on here with us all soon!

I've been real lucky that I have gotten to meet some online friends.
scarez, Randy, Debe and Gardengoddess from Oregon
Swindyi from NJ
Woodstock from NY
Kym from RI
and a few others that are not on this site
Would love to get out to the Ohio/ Kentucky area to meet that gang, maybe someday I can

That'd be neat, Mainey! Bet me n you could do some misbehavin"!!

OH!! And talking about gardening, of course

Well of course we would be talking about gardening, what else could we talk about?? Don't go there....:p:eek:
misbehavin'???? not us :D

I had second thoughts.

Attachments

• Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 226
Ya'll are just too funny...LOL I get more laughter today...good deal...

Laurie and Shine... Yep I can just imagine the two of you together and hear the conversation...
Laurie would love to have ya here in the Bluegrass State with the these fast horses and wild women..

Marie ty on the update on Herby... I pray things get better and better for my lil friend... I sure miss her... Unique lady for sure and with talents all her own.

Marie I also wanna thank you, way late, for the beautiful Christmas card.
Are you still dancin".....I am wanting to learn some Latin dancing...thinking seriously of taking lessons in the very near future.. I love latin music, the beat, the feel...Puts a umph in your step...:D
Good way to keep the weight off....especially since I have become a non smoker.... I find myself totally amazed...that I haven't had an overwhelming desire since I surrendered my enemy...nicotine. I find it quite insane thinking of how I allowed cigarettes to rule my life and steal my health day after day for over 40 years... I started a week in my life at 20 just after I buried my father and my husband... Dad died an alcoholic in dts and convulsions and my husband had been killed in a head on collision...I identified his decapitated body....Needless to say I was a mess and mom said your gonna have to pull yourself together young lady and she poured me a cup of coffee (my first of many cups)and handed me a cigarette... She gave me a carton and a half of dad's Camel ...no filter...that is what i smoked for nearly 15 years til i finally went to filters, lights, now NONE.. My only thought is Mom you lied to me...it never made it better...........not once. I have been taking an online study course on the mind.... It's truely amazing to me and oh so enlightening...
I am really enjoying it...

Have a good day,
:)Peggy

Cloudy and rainy here this am.... I have my grand daughter for the next several days while her mom and dad move into their new home... I am so proud and happy for them... She sure keeps nana on her toes...
I have a bunch of different seed ...veggies, per, annuals, trees, germinated and up thru the soil... I sure love watching those babies grow.. What a wonderful feeling it gives me..
Hope you all have a great day...
Peggy

I've been working on some photos of the grandkids when they were smaller and it sure does bring back some some memories.

I really want time to work on my pics, especailly those of the grand babies. I guess I will have time this weekend with the rain and cold.

I have more time to work on them, of course. But I have been bringing down envelopes of pictures and scanning them so we have digital images. I have so many pictures of the grandkids that I am probably going to make a slideshow for the daughters of their respective offspring and put them onto DVD's so they can play them on the TV.

That's such a great idea Randy. I should put all the pics I have of my nephew on a dvd for my brother. got from nursery school graduation to playing hockey and soccer

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back