The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Me, too! I made a BigBird costume (sewed feathers from feather dusters to a chicken wire frame. I BAREly got it in my car to wear to the Halloween party at school. I had SO much fun with that costume. When I got divorced, it magically disappeared ~ I hope my ex enjoyed it as much as I did. (a cop in a BigBird costume.....)~ Curbie :)

It's amasing what ex-husbands will covet during a divorce. My x took my Betty Crocker cook book that my mom gave me for Christmas in 1975..he never cooked. Family pics, especially pics of me...like he cared! The second took all my deeds and titles to my land and home..like it would automatically give him possession to have the papers..he got a surprise. The big bird costume takes the cake Curbie..I can just picture a cop in a bird suit with gun and handcuffs swinging...too funny

I wonder what 'possesses' people during divorces? I'll take our daughter and you can have BigBird (but you're going to look stupid)? I'd like the green tomatoes wrapped in newspaper and our daughter...you can take the sports car. I'll take the refrigerator and our daughter. That was divorce #2 for me. When I got married to #3, I knew I was dummer than a doorknob (but we did elope to Las Vegas ~ "Anybody want to come to a wedding?" ~ no. MTMailman had never been married before(and 8 years younger than me, the 'baby of his family)so he is a brave soul. He was skiing with his family in NewHampshire in January and poor thing called to say hello~ OH! I HAVE THE BEST NEWS! Sept. 21 is on a Saturday and WE'RE getting MARRIED! We did have a fine time having a great picnic in Sept. at my new sister-in-law's house ~ the PE teacher cooked on the grills and the post office showed up and so did family. I can see it all now....do not take anything that means anything to me now that you don't mean anything to me... :) Curbie

I'd like to write a cookbook. Title would be: "Try to Follow THIS Recipe! (I couldn't)" I did make great soup from the lentils ( and ham and tomatoes and cheese and onions and carrots) ~ Can you make soup with grits? Curbie

curbie I never got a divorce so I don't know what exs take. I should have but I was too stupid to get rid of him. Now I still have him.

I should just give him away. Any one want a used hubby.

About a month ago, I got a phone call from a number in Virginia so I answered it (one of my sister-i-l lives in VA). It was a guy and he was very polite so I was too. Then he asked,"Do you know who you're talking to?" no...but give me a clue: "You were married to me once." now WHAT kind of a clue is THAT? MICHAEL, IS THAT YOU? it was hubby #1 who now.......has my phone number and knows that I am on hubby #3...creeps. gave me the creeps. He called again and left a message asking me to give him my email addy....nope nope nope, more creeps. I have enough used hubbys but thank you for offering ~what's his name? I've been through Jeff and Thomas Michael, and I'm with Michael. ~ Curbie

One of my best friends was a David ~ solid, determined, focused ~ awesome musician. We gradually lost our time as he traveled to Johns Hopkins and other facilities. When I went to see him, (yep, I skipped school that day) the nurse said," You have to put on a mask and we can't get him to eat". I did not put on a mask and he did eat the soup I was feeding him. I sang to him and he fell asleep. He 'left' the next day. ~ Curbie

I'm glad he's your 'x' ~ "I'm going to pay YOU for leaving US???? this might not be a good idea, unless you pay all the bills , including the GROCERY bill~ forwarding address????" Monkeyshines ~ Curbie :)

We've been married 14 years but we dated for 6 years ~ he was hard to catch. Hug them every day. ~ Curbie

Attachments

• 4 th 004 (2)  EM.jpg
    4 th 004 (2) EM.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 256
  • christmas 037 (2)EM.jpg
    christmas 037 (2)EM.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1569 (2)print (2)  EM.jpg
    IMG_1569 (2)print (2) EM.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1549 (2)  EM.jpg
    IMG_1549 (2) EM.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 260
Good Evening folks!
Stopping in for a few, the weather here has been hit & miss lately....Sunny & warm over the weekend and now they are saying we are do for MORE Snow!
I am so ready to get out and get my nails dirty!
Oh I'm in the Process of trying to Buy a Home..YAY ME! :D

I've Skimmed thru some of the post's and the Ex's caught my eye...lol
Yall's ex's sound like my ex....He has ALOT of my things still and we've been divorced for almost 5 years now...when I ask about him letting me have certain things that belonged to my dad before he passed away....he says that I shoulda got it when I left him...lol oh well..."what go's over the Devil's back alway's come's back under his belly" Quote from My Granny! :D

How's the weather out int he Cyber Garden's been? :confused:

Last edited:
I had to leave my home twice to get rid of ex's. They'd refuse to leave till a judge told them they had to. Didn't take but a couple weeks both times. There was a Thomas, then a John..and now I have a Randy, can't go wrong with a Randy..right? LOL
We will be celebrating or 10th anniversary the 27th of this month. The only thing this man has taken from me.. is my heart.

27 is my favorite date/time of day/... How nice Gloria :) ...and 21 & 12. We were in Ireland and hubby asked if I knew what time it was: 12:27 but I didn't know what time zone I was in. No matter what country I'm in, I fall asleep at 2:30PM. This is priceless :..."what go's over the Devil's back alway's come's back under his belly" Quote from My Granny!
Hubby's Mom used to say, "Good riddens to bad rubbish." I was always grateful she wasn't saying that to me and it sure applied to some ex's. Wonder what men think about this?????~ Curbie :)

I'm glad he's your 'x' ~ "I'm going to pay YOU for leaving US???? this might not be a good idea, unless you pay all the bills , including the GROCERY bill~ forwarding address????" Monkeyshines ~ Curbie :)

That sounds like the son in law we deleted. He is still trying to get my daughter to pay for everything. He won't sign the divorce papers so she is changing them. He was off work for 3 months and still hasn't sent any money for food or anything. he told daughter that she was getting food stamps so he didn't need to send her any.

I think it's wonderful when you can find that perfect mate and a life long commitment the first go round. So nice to be able to enjoy children and grandchildren as well as all life has to offer together. Unforunately not all of us are so lucky. I had a problem with not being a good judge of character so when I met RJ, I asked loads of friends and relatives of their opinion of him before going out with him. He had to chase me awhile!!
The first ex is the father of my 2 children so I am civil towards him but the second..I wouldn't spit on if he were on fire..

THIS is one of the funniest things I have EVER heard! :I am civil towards him but the second..I wouldn't spit on if he were on fire..
Randy, you are a fortunate man ~ and you've learned to wear earmuffs so you don't listen to her, right? :) ~ Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back