What did you buy this time?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

ok we went back to Lowes. Hubby got a new tool box set to put in the garage. I got some flowers to put out front. hubby helped pick them out, another bag of mulch, potting soil for a project and some lobiea to put in some hanging pots I have and some asparagus fern cause I like it.

Until now still am asking him to buy some plants for our terrace here, it is only the terrace that looks like dead compared to our neighbors LOL! I will be glad to share it here this week since there's some plants that's gonna be on sale.. :)

Until now still am asking him to buy some plants for our terrace here, it is only the terrace that looks like dead compared to our neighbors LOL! I will be glad to share it here this week since there's some plants that's gonna be on sale.. :)

Amazingheart you can also start some pretty plants with seeds. I have morning glories, butterfly weeds, zinnias, jacobs tears, four o'clocks and some others in containers on my front porch. Once there start blooming they will be beautiful. That will give you something until you buy some more mature plants. I am also going to grow some black pearl peppers and other ornamental peppers in containers.

I bought 2 bales of sugarcane mulch and a vanilla orchid which was very cheap. The orchid is supposed to be a bit tricky to grow so I may have to find out some more info about their care.

I got three new columbines and a couple saxifraga...my first for the saxifraga...such a cute pixie plant!!
Purple Robe Saxifraga
SAM_1290.jpg

Winky Red Columbine
SAM_1299.jpg

Winky Rose Columbine
SAM_1302.jpg

Blue Double Winky Columbine
SAM_1317.jpg

Shhhhh!!
Don't tell my Hubby but I just got 8 astilbes, 1 purple hollyhock, 6 hostas, 3 pokers, 3 peonies all at a cost of 28.00 inc S&H

Great deal there Dawn...way to go!!! I believe you bought Astilbe last year also...looks like you are stuck on them like I am stuck on the columbine. Hope they all bloom beautifully for you!!

Thanks Mel and Laurie
All of these came from Holland bulb farms they really sent out beautiful plants
I am very pleased with them. And everything was on sale up to 85% off so I jumped on it

Beautiful flowers Melissa! Was supposed to get some more garden stakes , but of course came back with a grape vine, some tulip bulbs and an osmanthus which is native that has tiny white flowers with an apricot fragrance that drifts across the garden....oh and I DID remember the stakes this time lol.

did I mention the palette of sod we bought? oh yes this fixed the places where hubby rounduped last fall and some where the grass was just getting thin. we have also had some grub problems the last two springs. anyway the yard is looking nice again.

I also am getting sliding mirror doors on my closet. I hated the bi-fold doors because I always bumped into them at night. I also got a hose reel. tired of the hose being in the way all the time.

planted a pot of moss rose. the cucumbers and peppers are looking nice. my peppers have buds now.

Dang what did I do this time.
Gilbert Wild had it's spring sale. I am in big trouble now

Got myself a much needed replacement toy ( chainsaw ) and 2 --- 5 gal gas cans both filled full of gas! :cool:

I didn't spend much this time, less than $10.00. Cornelious nursery had a Mother's day special 3 Spider Lilies for $3 if you reserve them. I also bought some ornamental peppers and some herbs. A great deal considering everything was 50 cents to $1 each.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back