What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We are at 53 now and ti is going up to 75 today. I need to get some stuff done inside so I can go outside later.

It is to be windy today. right now a show and 61 the high will be 65 so the clouds must be sticking around.

40 today.......no snow yesterday, and they predicted 6 inches....lucked out this time.......talk of snow mid week tho...

It rained some during the night and we still have an overcast sky this morning. It's 42 degrees out there and that's cold enough to keep me inside for awhile yet.

Janet, there is another place you passed before you got to Sutherlin that has Marionberry jam for sale. My wife and I usually stop there when we head south and have lunch at "Heaven On Earth". The exit is milepost 68 on Interstate 5. The food is pretty expensive there though so my wife and I split a hamburger when we eat there. On the way back we have lunch at the "Burger Barn" in Dunsmuir, CA. The cost is about the same, but I get my own hamburger. LOL WE were able to sample the jam at Heaven On Earth and I have to admit that it is really good. They also have doughnuts and cinnamon rolls that are large enough for a small family. I bought one of the cinnamon rolls one time for someone, but I can't remember who we gave it to. It was about 7 inches square and 5 inches tall.

More torrential rain and local flooding again......80F. Randy my much better half and I also shared a ginormous cinnamon roll when we visited Santa Barbara, we couldn't even finish it, lol.

Bobbi, I got your snow. Thanks for sharing it. Not.....
They said 4-8, we got about 14" and more on the way for Wed into Thurs Oh joy
Was sunny and 40 today so lots of melting, more of the same for tomorrow, temps are warming up so the snow is wet and heavy. killer on the back

It rained some during the night and we still have an overcast sky this morning. It's 42 degrees out there and that's cold enough to keep me inside for awhile yet.

Janet, there is another place you passed before you got to Sutherlin that has Marionberry jam for sale. My wife and I usually stop there when we head south and have lunch at "Heaven On Earth". The exit is milepost 68 on Interstate 5. The food is pretty expensive there though so my wife and I split a hamburger when we eat there. On the way back we have lunch at the "Burger Barn" in Dunsmuir, CA. The cost is about the same, but I get my own hamburger. LOL WE were able to sample the jam at Heaven On Earth and I have to admit that it is really good. They also have doughnuts and cinnamon rolls that are large enough for a small family. I bought one of the cinnamon rolls one time for someone, but I can't remember who we gave it to. It was about 7 inches square and 5 inches tall.

It is 46F and very windy but the sun is shining so I'll take it! :)
Randy, I'm putting that bit of info on my map book! I am an old fashioned navigator, would never trust a gps unit to get me where I want to go! I keep the same map book (Rand McNally road atlas) for years, writing in it when we stop, how much gas we get and the price, how long we stay, any good diners in the area. Family members always want to borrow it when they travel! lol We tried a new place this time, The Black Bear Diner, it was reaaalllly good!! I got to have tri tip for breakfast!! lol

It has been very windy today. We took the kids out for recess and stayed about 8 min. Before we went in. It was 65 but felt much colder when standing still on the playground. Windy. 35 mph with gusts to 45 when we were out.

Lyn
Thanks for sending us your Texas Low pressure system!
It is a slow moving system and it is getting larger as it moves towards us.
Not sure what we will be getting when it arrives later on today.
They are saying it will depend on the temp, but could see lots of rain, or snow, or a mix of the two.
They are warning it will be a messy storm, and a 2 day event....

32F with light winds out of the NE.
Hazy sunshine.....

sunny and 39 now......but a real mess coming lateron.......two days of snow......
sorry to hear you got so much snow again......Ill be glad when feb goes ......hope march is kinder to us all in the northeast...

Our day is a typical early spring day although there has been no rain today. We started with fog and that burned off by 10:00. There is still a haze in the unclouded portions of the sky. I think we are at about 50 degrees now.

John, I think I could have downed a half of one of those cinnamon rolls before I got diabetes, but I wouldn't dare do that now. They look and smell wonderful though and if I had enough people to share it with, I would certainly be tempted to have a little. They have other delicious looking temptations there also.

Janet, that exit for Heaven On Earth is close to milepost 68 and is also known as either the "Quines Creek" exit or "Quines Creek Road" exit.

It is messy out there!
Rain/wet snow/ice pellets/////
Hovering around 32F
Winds are strong out of the NE!
The worst of storm will last until early morning but will continue throughout the day tomorrow to a lesser extent!
There will be more the a foot of snow inland away from the lakes!

34F
No wind.
Had wet snow and rain all night and now it's snowing lightly.
No accumulation.
We got off lightly with this storm system so far.....

It was overcast when I came downstairs and no sun visible. I'm hoping that changes. I have time today to get outside in it.

it is in the mid 40's this morning and going up to the mid 60's. We will have a cool north wind again today but not as bad as last weeks. It should be partly cloudy today.

Woke up to everything white this morning and still snowing!
Just a light steady snowfall with a light breeze out of the SW.
32F

40 here and gloomy.........we were supposed to have some snow/rain mix overnight....and black ice, but that didnt happen.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back