What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We had rain again during the night and it was still raining lightly this morning. It had stopped by noon though and at least here in the valley it stayed dry. Still plenty of clouds thou so the potential is still there.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! The ice on the lake broke up last night!!!! Noticed large cracks in the ice sheet yesterday and it was a nice surprise to see open water again!!!!!
Still a lot of ice out there but along the shoreline it is clear with just a few lingering chunks......further out there is ice and it is heading SW with the winds!!
36F with drizzle, expecting rain andshowers, and thunderstorms later on today...There is freezing rain occuring to the north of us...

raining here this morning and 37. there is little snow left now. by the end of this week, it will wash away.
great that your ice on the lake has broken up and gone away. a good sign.

Photos are worth more then words! Been watching the ice on the move and the the birds moving in to dive and catch fish!!! They are happy birds! I'm hoping the ice and snow will be gone by the weekend so I can have a bonfire on the beach!!!!
017.JPG
016.JPG
015.JPG
014.JPG
012.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
015.JPG
014.JPG
012.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
015.JPG
014.JPG
012.JPG

We had a few showers today but a bit of sunshine too. It was a little warmer today with a high of 61 degrees.

36F and overcast.....winds out of the NE again...
Heavy rain warning for this afternoon with imbedded thunderstorms with a high of 55 as the warm front moves in....
It is so nice seeing the lake almos ice free!!!
Heading to the the big city for a doctor's appointment this afternoon...should be be an interesting drive there and back....

lovely pictures as usual Ron. it looks so peaceful there. must be amazing in the summer.

had rain all yesterday, and thunderstorms at night. it only got to 37 yesterday. should be the same today. it will w

We had a beautiful day here today with a few clouds but mostly clear and warm. I think we may have gone a couple of degrees over 70 today. I could handle that but as much as I hate to admit it, I would like to see more rain so the berries develop well.

Had fog, drizzle, rain, winds, thunderstorms, heavy rainfall.....and some really intense thunderstorms last night for a few hours......as the warm front came through...
Today winds are out of the SW and picking up speed, and are under a wind warning.....expecting 30 to 50 mph winds as the cold front moves in.....
48 going p to 52 this afternoon before the bottom drops out slowly downwards to 36F overnight....46 for the high tomorrow.

With the SW winds ice chunks are coming back in and accumulating along the shore.....still some fairly large ice sheets still out there but are breaking up with the wave action.

it rained all night with a few thunderstorms. its still pouring outside this morning and 39. dont know if its going up much from there. its been a lousy, raw cold rainy week here. we need to dry out soon.

woke up to sunshine after a weeks worth of rain. its 50 already and super windy, probably about 40 mph. they are saying it will go up to 60 today and 70 tomorrow. woohoo finally some good weather. havent seen it this good since about nov. enjoy Ron! I will. Ill even open up my windows lateron for some fresh air.

We had a mixture of sunshine and showers. I was outside working in the garage and it was a bit cool for no jacket. The high for the day was 55.

43F with clear sunny skies!!
Going up to 54 and possibly high this afternoon.
Light winds out of the SW...
Going to be a beautiful day......

Have our first showing of the house between 2-3 this afternooon so will have to leave while the agent showerrs the the house to their clients....

Good luck with your open house Ron.
it was only 43 yesterday, even tho it was sunny, the winds kept the temps down. I opened the windows for a while tho, to get that fresh air inside.
today its 50 already this morning and I dont see much wind, so maybe we will get to 60's like they predict.

hope things go well today Ron.

Got up to 59 and tomorrow will be even warmer at 66F but with thunderstorms....oh well...can't have warm weather without t-cells forming....

we had a glorious day here today, finally! 65 with sunshine and a warm breeze. was great to have all the windows opened and the fans going to air out the place. another day like this for tomorrow. too bad I have to go to work. would rather stay home and enjoy it.

the showing ....well happened, wish I got some feedback from the agent....all she left was a light on and her business card. After all the cleaning made today anticlimatic!

Last edited:
its 44 this morning and they are promising us 70 today. the first day without boots and a winter jacket. what a treat. think we have finally turned the corner.
I hope you get some feedback from your agent. it will give you a better idea of whats what.

46 and partly cloudy.....expecting a good 70F this afternoon too!!!!
Thunderstorms moving in this afternoon as the frontal system moves in... a bit cooler after the front passses through but not much of a drop but will be sunny the rest of the week.

Feedback would be helpful....might hear something today....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back