What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Wtg Randy!

Wonderful day yesterday with warm winds for a change....got up to just shy of 70F!

52 this morning with hazy sunshine....could see temps in the low 70's this afternoon with rain and thunderstorms moving in as the temp and humidity goes up! Tomorrow, after the cold front passes through we might see a high of 60!

Got the plastic edging in place, so the new garden is just about ready for me to start planting...

we had a wonderful sunny week. Ive been on the run mornings, so havent been on here. we have had mid 70's this week. the weekend doesnt look too promising tho. rain and back into the high 50's. maybe even frost on monday morning. not safe to put annuals out here yet. but with a weeks worth of rain last week, everything is growing nicely. guess we needed to make up for the lack of snow this winter.
hope everyone is doing well.

It was warm and humid yesterday afternoon....glad it clouded over or it would have felt worse with the humidex! Hit 72!!
A minor front passed through in the evening which helped drop the temp and rain rushed in after mid night.
54F with showers this morning, should clear up this afternoon with a high of 61 before the next frontal system moves in.
Rain and cooler tomorrow and even cooler by Monday ....

rain today. tomorrow rain in the afternoon then a cold front and maybe frost monday and tues morning???? strange weather.

52F and raining!!
Cold front will be passing through at some point this afternoon. Showers expected all day and into tomorrow.
Temps will slowly drop to a low of 37 overnight.
Winds are light out of the south, shifting from out of the west once the front passes and should be gusty.
Tomorrow's high 45F and a low of 34! It's going to feel nippy!!
Starts to warm up on Monday.....

we had rain last night, and this morning its chilly and super windy. yesterday got to 75 and very humid. today our high will be 52. winds at 50 mph

37F this morning!! Brrrrr!
Overcast with possible showers today...could see some sun off and on......feels like late March!!
Might get up to 45 this afternoon!
Winds expected to pick up later on this morning....
At least tonight's low will be 41F....

burrr here this morning as well. about 35. at least its sunny but that darned wind wont stop. does feel like a march day. tomorrow morn will be the same.

After cold winds and snow flurries yesterday, today is a lot warmer and not a cloud in sight!!

It is already 50 F with very light winds out of the SW..
Expecting a high of 54 but will probably get higher then that with day time heating!
Low of 46 for tonight with showers moving in, clearing up by tomorrow morning...

wow wondered if you would get the flurries Ron. I heard northern maine got 8 inches of snow yesterday. such strange weird weather.
its gloomy today, so think some rain might come thru. still chilly, but that is on its way out and tomorrow we will see 70's.

48F and overast. A weak system passed through that could have brought rain, all we got was a few sprinkles last night and ealier this morning.
Wins a light out of the north.
Shouls get sun later on this morning as the clouds clear out.
High 55 with partly sunny skies this afternoon.
Rest of the week looks great warmer each day!

40 this morning and gloomy. supposed to get to 65 but without sun dont know if that will happen. 70's after today.
happy hump day!

50F when I got up and now it's 54!
Should get higher then the 55 they are calling for with daytime heating
Got clear sunny skies with just a few light thin wispy clouds.
Winds are very light out of the east...shifting out of the north this afternoon.
No rain in the forcast, but might see some by the weekend.

Got most of the perennials planted yesterday, and just have 5 cactus to plant!
I'm painfully tired, but it was worth pushing to get it done!!

bet it looks nice Ron. its 40 here this morning and going up to 80 today!:) that would be a real treat. I already opened up the windows.
hope you all get sunshine today! TGIF! but thats only for working people!:)
have a super weekend

Thanks Woodie! Gotta take more photos of the gardens......still need to plant Denver Daisies and some gailardia seedlings I started ....to fill in around the daylilies.....will be picking away at planting over the next week....
Have a super weekend too!!

48 when I got up and already 52 with clear sunny skies...
Should get up to low 70's with daytime heating.....
Tonights low 54F!
Guess I can shut down the wall furnace now that the temps are stablizing and getting warmer....

Last edited:
Got up to 72 and a bit muggy yesterday afternoon!
Overcast this morning with showers/rain on the way for this afternoon...
59F and looks like our high for today will be around 61.....

overcast today, always looked like it wanted to rain, but didnt. think it was raining south of here. didnt get above 50 either.
will plant some annuals tomorrow and hold my breath. I am hearing 80's from wed on into the weekend. so the summer begins.
Ron enjoy your holiday weekend, ours is next weekend.

Thank you Woodie! Neighbours had fireworks last evening!

57 and partly cloudy with very light winds out of the north...nice...the winds are not coming in off the lake like yesterday, so it should warm up to above 70 this afternoon.

nice, I love fireworks.

55 this morning and heating up into the 70's today. mid week will heat up into the 80's, with humidity. I like the 80's but they can keep the humidity.

...Even more fireworks around the village last evening!

59F with clear skies.....high around 66 for this afternoon ....winds shifting from north to SW. Winds off the lake may keep use a bit cooler then further inland..
No rain in the forecast intil possibibly Thursday! We keep missing the rain ...so may hand up missing it on Thursday too! :(
We need rain!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back