What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

woodstock

Happy New Year everyone.
someone stole our sunshine. havent seen much of it for the past two weeks. a peak today for about 10 min, that was it, snow north of us but I didnt see any. frigid air is coming our way soon. more winter like temps. so many germs around that it will be good to kill them all. Ivebeen fighting a cold for two weeks.

We have been having quite a bit of snow in the surrounding mountains while it rained here in the valley. But the last three days we have had clear skies with temperatures topping out about 40 degrees and dropping down into the low 30s to the mid 20s. I think our expected low is 25 degrees tonight.

30F and no sun again! Might get up to 34, but doubt it!
Isolated flurries again for today with moderate 24 mph winds out of the west.
Monday we will get a short blast of arctic air, then back up to above normal temps for the rest of the week.
High for Monday expected to bottom out around 14F.....Brrrr!

sunny here so far which is a treat. not much sun the past 2 weeks. its going to cloud up soon tho and maybe get some snow flurries. yuk.
cold blast here as well then back to above normal temps for the rest of the week. crazy winter so far.

I hope everyone had some kind of joy through Christmas! ours was spending time with our kids, and our dear sons daughters. They came to stay after Christmas and just left home today, that always makes us very sad.
We have had really beautiful sunny weather, but so cold!! down to just below freezing every night, and barely above in the day. I will still take it over warmer but grey rain!
Apparently El Nino is going to really kick in next week, and we are going to be getting a lot of rain, and so is California, which would be really good for them! They have had so much more snow in the mountains this year so far so that's great!! When I look at the highways web cams, and check out our usual routes, going over Siskyou summit does not look like fun right now! lot's of snow.
I hope everyone is staying warm and dry and has a good start to the year!

sunny today and 20 this morning. think its going up to about 35 for the day. cold weather coming in soon. tomorrow or tuesday morning.
great news for california. boy do they need rain.

Hi Janet! Had a quiet Christmas and New Year here.....

34F with flurries! It was horrifically windy here last evening as a frontal system passed through......now the winds are light out of the NW!
Might get up to 36 this afternoon! No sun for today either!
A cold blast of Arctic air is almost here....12F for tonight, and 12F for the high tomorrow....then a warm up starting on Tuesday!!

supposed to be our last sunny day today, it has warmed up to above freezing again and we will be going for a walk to the beach in a short while. Next week the rain is returning apparently.
Ron, did you get together with any of your family for Christmas? I remember you were usually the one to cook the turkey!

burrrrrrrrr baby its cold outside. its 18 outside and snowing north of here. dont think its coming down this far. our high will be about
22. a well blast of winter.

Hi Janet!
I was sick with the flu this Christmas! Since moving to an apartment I no longer do Dinner! I miss not living on the lake, but my life changed after my mom passed away a year ago last October!

Brrrrr! Was 10F when I got up, and it is slowly warming up.....might see a high of 14F this afternoon......then back down to 10F tonight!!!
Light winds out of the north with a wind chillof 0F!! At least it'll be a mostly sunny day!!
Tomorrow's high 27F

Ron and Woodstock! brrrr! we got just enough big fat snowflakes to look pretty this morning, then it quit. It has been years since we had any snowfall here and I sure miss it! It is 36F right now,going up to about 38F then back to low 40's for the rest of the week. no more freezing weather for now.
Ron I do remember all your changes, I hope you are finding a new normal that is ok! Changes can often be good, but it seems they are too often not good, more about letting go and moving on to other things. I have never been good with that! This was the first year since our sons passing that I did Christmas dinner again. It was pretty hard to have it here, it really emphasized the fact that he is gone. I don't know if we will do it again next year or not.
Everyone stay warm! mittens and hot drinks! :)

You are warmer up there than we are down here, Janet. It's 33 degrees outside now but is not expected to get any colder. We had icy road conditions last evening and this morning but warmed up enough by noon to take care of the ice.

Oh, Janet, I saw on the news that Crater Lake had gotten more snow this year than it has gotten since 1948.

3F .....sunny with no winds this morning!! Brrrrrr!
Going up to 27 this afternoon, and this will be our low for tonight as warmer air starts to move in!
36F for tomorrow's high!!!!

its 11 here and windy. burrrrrrrrr the coldest day of the winter season so far. I hear there is a warm up coming our way tho.
Holidays are always hard for people. Prayers to you both that time heals and memories are good ones and not so hurtful.

Well the weather guessers were wrong! lol! last night before bedtime the sky was clear and it was freezing!! then this morning we woke up to snow! it was still snowing a while ago too! just enough to make it pretty out there :)
Randy, that is good news! I am guessing that will help the farms and vineyards this summer?
Watched the news out of Los Angeles this morning, it was pouring rain there! they said it is a conveyer belt of storms coming at them, and lot's of snow in the mountains too. Very good news for them!

We are still hovering around the freezing mark. The weather guessers are saying we could have black ice and freezing rain tomorrow but I sure hope he is wrong. I don't have to go anywhere but the grandkids do.

It warmed up enough to melt the snow a bit, then froze hard after dark. Not a good combination for travel! Like you Randy, we don't have to go anywhere but our kids and grand kids all do.

its 11 here but my thermometer in the backyard says zero. not a fun morning to be out and about. I think the warm up is coming today lateron.

Warm weather heading your way Woodie!!!

It was 27 and sunny when I got up this morning, and now it's cloudy and 36!! 30F for overnight tonight and 37 tomorrow!!! Warmer still on Friday and a wonderfully warm weekend! Then the bottom falls out with snow on Monday......
According to NASA, and other agencies, El Nino will continue to be a factor in our weird mild weather for some time!!!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back