What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

we had snow all afternoon and evening. its 19 this morning and winds are howling. ended up with about 2-3 inches. its a bit icey this morning tho. think it will only be about 25 today. burrrrrrrrrrrrr real taste of winter.

WE warmed up today to 47 degrees and it didn't feel quite so cold. It rained again today but there were some breaks in the rain. It was also quite heavy at times. I know we had a record rainfall in December but have no idea what our totals are for January so far. I do know the snow enthusiasts are very happy with the present snowpack.

We had a bonus day of sun today! started out the day by babysitting the youngest, 11 month old Ava. What a joy she is!! ended it with going for fish and chips at the local restaurant on the waterfront and were treated to a stunning sunset!! With our dollar dropping even further, and expected to go down another 10 cents!!! this is the year of the staycation! :)
our view out the dining room window. there is a very nice walkway all along the waterfront here we walk along as well.
IMG_2135_zpsf41uc1ya.jpg

Last edited:
Nice sunset Janet!!
Guess staying home is a financially prudent thing to do with the markets in such turmoil....Our dollar really took a beating!

19F with overast skies. Might see some more snow fall today before a warm front arrives.
The temp will slowly rise today to 36 tonight, and into the 40's tomorrow...then down into the 20's by Sunday...
Such a weird odd winter!

beautiful janet....
20 this morning but blue skies. not expecting anything until sat. depends on the warm southern air. if it gets here its rain, if not its a mix.

And it took another hit today Ron! they are saying it will likely drop to 59 cents this year! and so the bank of Canada is going to lower the prime, yet the banks have raised interest rates on mortgages? there should be laws for that!!
We ended up with another beautiful day, full on sun and up to 50F it was a real treat! preparing us for a torrential storm coming on the weekend!

The rain here today was a bit slow in starting but by late afternoon was coming down heavily. We are still hovering in the mid 40s for a high temperature.

a warmer day today. low now is 20 and it is going up to 40 today with sunshine. a big mess is moving in tomorrow. depending on the temps we can get anything from sleet to snow to rain.

The drop in oil prices is taking a chunk out of the market! it is having a ripple effect!

30F and overcast....going up to 41 this afternoon with rain....another Clipper is on the way! We will miss most of the snow and just get rain since we will be on the warm side of the system.....
Tomorrow, rain turning to snow as a coldfront passes through 36 to start then the temp slowly drops....not expecting a lot of snow...

Beautiful sunny morning but the showers have started. heavy rain coming for the weekend. 43F right now.
Yes Ron, on the news at noon today, dollar down further, oil down further, stocks down, yet price of gas is not following as it should!

We has a pretty nice day today with thin high clouds. We too are getting rain tonight and all through the next couple of days.

It got warmer during the night....36F with overcast skies.
Slowly dropping this afternoon to 32 as a cold front passes through...a minor one...only dropping to 25 overnight.....then dropping to 23 for the high tomorrow. Might see some snow, but not much!

rained pretty heavy last night and all night. had a little frozen junk mixed in for a while, but it quickly changed back torain. now the sun is out and its almost 50 outside. what a weird winter. cold blast will come in tonight.

The Arctic Blast is almost here!
Been snowing lightly so far, but will pick up speed once the snow squalls kick in!
30F which is our high for today.....dropping to 28 this afternoon....then down to 16 tonight...high tomorrow 19....

wow, didnt hear about that storm. hope its not coming my way. we had 45 yesterday. today is only 30 with cloudy skies. was supposed to be sunny. oh well, winter still has been on the mild side. artic air is coming in for us this week.

It sure rained hard this morning! but it was up at 50F all day and it dried out for the afternoon. we should be getting some sunny breaks this week again :)

I hope you get some sunny breaks over there smiley, you people need to dry out a bit.

16 this morning altho my thermometer in the backyard states 10. some sunshine this morning. its going to be frigid all week. I hear snow is coming also.

Was 10F when I got up, now its 14 with some sun peeking through the clouds....
Should see 19F this afternoon with isolated snow flurries.....
Glad these blasts of arctic cold are short in duration......tomorrow the temps will start to moderate, ....high 25 with sunny skies for tomorrow!

Think we all need some sunny breaks....haven't seen too many this winter! Actually, haven't seen much snow either...when the temps go above freezing we get rain and a lot of it!!!

it was mostly grey here today, but not raining, and the sun peeked out just at sunset. temp was about 50F again today, still is now at 6 pm. it has been really mild lately, my kale is growing really well! We have actually had less than average rainfall so far this winter, in fact since last spring, I am just spoiled by it and complain that it rains too much! Lol!!
have the news on right now as I type, and he is just showing the graphics and talking about it! we are way below and while the mountains have been getting lots of snow, down here at sea level we are way below precipitation, and he says we will be staying mild for the forseeable future! yay! supposed to get some sun tomorrow and wednesday, I was going to dig up and replant my kale into fresh soil to get it really going.

9F with sunny skies....the sun finally made it above the usual clouds out over the lake!!
Calling for mostly sun all day and a high of 25!!!
Only problem is the winds out of the west......windchill is -6!!!!
21 mph winds expected to kick in later on this morning/early afternoon....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back