What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi folks and trust you are now getting used to saying and living in the New Year as well! I apologize for not being around for abit ( I've had a New Year's Flu I guess and been under the weather dealing with that ) It's been a very odd weather winter season everywhere on the globe ,I believe but Hey, it's January and soon Spring will be knocking at our door step once again.:D Anette and I are doing ok otherwise and she keeps me alittle busy with that Honey List of hers as well ) :):) Looking at the news here currently ( weather I should have said ) and they tell us that we can expect alot of sun today but cold winds . ( I can believe that one over the cold out there it's like 5 degrees ---- Brrrrr...... ) :eek::eek: My turn to address Anette over the Honey List ---- "we need another log on the fireplace hun " Naaaaaa,I'll be nice and do that there! :p - done -Anyway,I just thought I'd drop in and say hello,as it's been awhile too. Keep warm out there if your going out and I will be around on/off alittle more too ..... Have a Wonderful Week folks....

the last two days have been brutal here. the winds whipping at 30 to 45 MPH. it feels about zero outside for two days. a coastal storm is coming our way starting friday night into sat. I have heard anything from a few inches to a foot. nothing concrete yet since its too early to predict. Ill batten down the hatches and hide until its over with.

25 and sunny here this morning. still a bit of wind tho but better than it has been the last two days.
storm is coming soon. we dont know what we are getting yet as its too early to tell.

The latest storm is expected to be a whopper for anyone along the eastern seaboard! Been keeping an eye on it to see how it will morph into a monster once is gets to the coastal area!
We won't be effected by this storm, if anything we might get a dusting!
Watching for the next system which should track into our area.....too early to say if we will be getting a big dumping!

Hi Phil!

21F with light winds out of the west at 8 mph....might see the occasinal light snow later on today...not expecting much...
High 23 for this afternoon with some periods of sun....maybe! Low tonight 18F

didn't rain today, but was cloudy all day, and about 50F again today. the sun they said we might get never showed up, but the rain is apparently coming, a lot of it! they keep us hanging on by promising us sun for the weekend lol!

19F and overcast....won't be seeing any sun today! Expecting light flurries off and on all day....
Light winds out of the west...
Might get up to 27 this afternoon...maybe!

18 here this morning and sunny, ice on the cars as well. going up to about 30 today and thats it. the wind has died down tho which is great.
still no definite totals on the noreaster. too early to tell. have to wait for it to start and hold onto our hats.

watching the news on that storm Woodstock! hope you have everything you need for a few days! it rained so hard here today!!! was up about 52F today which was nice.

Beautiful sunrise this morning.....
12F with no winds....clouds out of the east....should get up to 27F with light winds shifting from the NE.
Looks like we will not be effected by the massive winter storm system moving up the eastern seaboard!!!
The darn thing is still developing and growing!
All we will get are high thin bands of clouds from the outer edge of the storm system...
I wouldn't want to be on the coast over the next 36 hours!

Im all set to hunker down if need be. I have alot of stuff and will spend sat cooking if it gets this far. 10 this morning and sunny. the winds are low now but will pick up as the storm approaches. so far they are saying the main storm will stay down in NY city, and we will only get several inches. but anything can happen. holding my breath!

It was raining this morning when I got up but stopped by mid-morning. It got up to 60 degrees here today according to one of my farmer friends.

Stay safe Woodstock!
Randy good to see you posting! hope you are up and running around in record time!
same here, rain this morning but it cleared out to sun by the afternoon. only got up to about 53F but like the gas prices, not as good as yours but at least moving in the right direction!! lol!
Really praying for some sun this week coming. It is the anniversary of our sons passing and we can't afford to go away to get out of the rain. It was such a cold dark raining day the day he died, so getting down to california into the sun helps us. If we can get outside here in the garden and have a bit of sun it sure would be nice.

21F with some squall activity....not expecting much....
Winds out of the NE....
Might get up to 23 this afternoon....
At least we are not getting the nasty Arctic temps like the last 2 winters....

10 this morning and super windy. no snow yet, but they are getting walloped down south. we are not expecting the snow until this afternoon.....the totals of snow will be amazing once the storm is over.

It's a beautiful sunny day! hurray! a bit of cloud here and there, but over all feels like spring :) supposed to be getting sun for the next 3 days, but a big rain and wind storm is heading our way for thursday. Still recovering from a wicked cold, so not out in the garden yet today, just admiring from inside! lol, but I will be out there tomorrow and monday for sure! we have crocuses blooming! and the early daffodils are getting ready to bloom too! It's 50F out there right now.
got out for a walk this afternoon, it was beautiful but the wind off the water was pretty cold!
IMG_2239_zps3rojwrum.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photo Janet! Wish I could grow palms here!!

Was 9F last night, and it is slowly going up....14F now with overcast skies.... should get up to 30 this afternoon as a warm front moves in....28F for the low tonight!!
36 For tomorrow!!!!
We're going into a warming trend this coming week......

nice pic janet
not a flake landed in this area. the storm stayed 100 miles south of me. but so many people got walloped with tons of snow. the totals were amazing.
27 inches in new york city. that place is crippled for days. 40 inches in west VA. we really lucked out this time . sunny and 10 this morning.

You just need a sunny window Ron!! We saw on the news all the coverage of the storm, it was amazing! today started out cloudy but was sunny after that. My cold is getting worse instead of better, has turned into a nasty cough now, so I didn't get outside other than to sit on the deck in the sun for a while. It only got up to about 46F today.

hope you feel better soon janet.
its sunny but 10 this morning. they claim it will be 35 today. thats a great temp for a winter day.

Get well soon Janet!!

Glad you didn't get hit with all that snow Woodie!!

It's warming up here!!!
It was 32F overnight, and going up to 37 this afternoon!!!! 37 will be our low for tonight....low 40's for tomorrow! Mild for the rest of the week.
The sun is trying to break through the hazy skies....looks like thin clouds.
No decernable winds, so far. Expecting light winds out of the south this afternoon.

Definitely weird weather for the last week of January!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back