What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It ended up nice enough, with the sun shining, that hubby was out pruning the fruit trees. I was having a look around, found some pansies blooming, the california poppies are growing, there are buds on the hydrangeas! Such crazy weather we are having!! and watching the news today, all the flooding in Southern California is terrible! I sure hope they are catching some of all the water falling! weather is supposed to get pretty nice for the rest of the week too, We want to get out and start work on our back deck! :)

its 11 again this morning and grey outside. sun is coming in lateron and it will shoot up to 40. thats not too bad for a winter day in jan.
I saw flooding in san francisco and in LA on the home and family program yesterday morning. they need rain but not that kind of rain.

Beautiful sun rise this morning with 25F!
Going up to 37 this afternoon with partly cloudy skies.
Very light winds out of the south...

It was 36 degrees this morning by the time I looked at the thermometer out there. It got a few degrees warmer during the day. It felt pretty good when I did step out this afternoon. But the sun was out and that always helps.

21F with heavy frost on the roof tops, cars and lawns!
Very light winds out of the east...
39F with rain moving in this afternoon as 2 systems move in, one a Clorado low and the other from the Gulf of Mexico...
45 with rain tomorrow....

about 45F right now, sun peaking through some light clouds. a lovely day in all!
Here are 2 pictures. one with all the grand children, our oldest daughter holding youngest grand child, and my hubby. the second one is me the same day with our oldest grand child, our dear sons daughter. We need one of those selfie sticks! lol
IMG_2026_zpssn2bp367.jpg

IMG_2060_zpsjxenqdak.jpg

If you aren't worrying about them, grandkids are really good for putting smiles on our faces. I hear ours in the living room playing some kind of game and they are having fun which makes me happy. Oh, we had fog this morning and this evening with a sunny day in between. It is about 40 degrees outside right now and was about 46 for the day's high.

lovely pictures smiley. thanks for sharing.

they are talking about a mix today. its 20 and gloomy this morning. if it warms up later it will all turn to rain lateron. keeping fingers crossed it does.

Nice pics Janet! Looks like it was a fun outing for all!

43F......rained last evening and during the night....finlly stopped as the first system went through....
Going up to 45 this afternoon and should be partly cloudy..... More rain on the way as the second wave comes through tonight!!

Yes Randy! it's hard not to worry about them in this crazy world! It was such a beautiful day here today!! so sunny and about 45F hubby finished pruning the fruit trees. onto the ornamentals now. We bought a second hand utility trailer so we can haul away our own cuttings etc now. tomorrow is another sunny day, then back to clouds and maybe some showers.

43F with heavy clouds! Been raining since last evening, which will continue turning to snow this evening as the temps drop as the cold front passes through...
Winds are light out of the west...
Dropping to 28F tonight....

we had heavy rain yesterday in the afternoon with thunder. even saw a rainbow after the rain. was strange for a winter day. it got up to almost 50 and broke records.
late last night the cold air came in and we are expecting snow tues and another batch on sat. 20 outside this morning.

The rain yesterday turned into snow in lte afternoon as the cold front ripped through.....didn't get much snow.....We had a flash freeze at the same time....
16F this morning with a few clouds...the sun is out, but with the winds it feels like 0F...winds are gusting to 30 mph...should ease up some this afternoon with a high of 21!
Then the Arctic Blast arrives this evening with strong winds.....70% chance of snow overnight, and 80% chance tomorrow....that usually means blowing snow and squall activity off the lakes!!!

Boy am I glad I went out and did some yard work yesterday and enjoyed the sun!! it has been horrible here today! pouring rain, and so dark out, had the lights turned on all day! Apparently we will be in the mid 40's daytime, and high 30's nights through the week. there are buds on my hydrangea, and the magnolia buds are already getting fatter! I still have pansies blooming, and the gernaiums while shivering are still alive. I think....I hope....spring will come really quick once January is over with.

It has been raining here most of the day. The only day this week that shows any potential for dry weather is Friday. I'm sure the forecast will change some.

Snowed last evening for a good 4 hours.....just a light steady snowfall....around 3 inches....
28F this morning with snow and blowing snow...
Winds are out of the south so we are getting some lake effect snow and can add another 4 to 5 incheson top of the system snow...
Winds expected to shift out of the west this afternoon and could see gust in the 30 to 40 mph range...
30F for the high then dropping as a cold front passes through this afternoon...
It is not the amount of snow that is the problem with this Clipper but the winds!
18F for the low tonight..

we are expecting that snow here this afternoon. I hope to be in work before it starts. they are talking and inch to 3 inches here but lots more up in the mtns.

It started raining last evening here and I don't believe it has even slowed down over the past 24 hours.

13F with clear skies above us and heavy snow squall clouds to the south over the lake. Windchill -4..
Had several inches of snow/blowing snow/squalls yesterday morning....had to cancel an appointment in town since we had zero visibility!
Snow Squall Alert has been issued for this afternoon as the winds shift out of the WSW, then SW.....could see 4 to 6 inches of squall activity with blowing snow.
More snow on the way for tonight... with light snow tomorrow.
Should get up to 23 this afternoon...maybe! ....and that will be our low for tonight.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back