What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny, your so lucky. Ive been to austin and I loved it there, and san antonio, esp the mexican marketplace, and the river walk was so much fun too.
woke up to sunshine which shocked me!!! we are expecting rain to come, sit and spin over us for days. nice we ecked one day out of sunshine even tho its quite chilly and my heat just went on again. ugh

It is 61 already today.We had a cool front come through last night. No rain for us again but it is cooling it off here. High today is to be 78. It is sunny and a good looking day. Good I have errands to run.
It is a nice place to live. The city here is getting bigger every day. about 100 people a day move to Austin. So far it is still Austin but there are other influences trying to gain ground.

Started raining around noon yesterday. Started off as light rain then gradually increase in the amount falling...
This morning, 48F which was out low last night and will be our high for today.
The ground is saturated and water is pooling and quickly draining off into ditches. We have a large ditch back of the property that drains into the ditch next door .....which flows under the road and into a deep ditch across the road.....
The Dutch built a lot of drainage canals ( to create flat farmeland), and connecting deep ditches to keep the area drained and minimize flooding....This drainage system was consructed in the 1800's and have been faithfully maintained since...so flooding is less of of an issue where I live...but if this constant downpours continue we may start seeing flooding in some areas that are lower then where we are... all the ditches and canals (and even ponds and streams) are interconnected and drain eventually into Lake Erie.....
Rain expected to continue, heavy at times for the next 3 days....the heaviest and more intense downpours expected for today.... with the rains easing off a bit by late Saturday....to showers...
The system is now stalled over us and is not moving much.....but is expected to move out late Sunday......

we are saturated here too. we are all mud by me, but there are tons of streams and creeks that overflow and its already starting to flood in certain areas. someone needs to turn off the waterworks please!!!! pouring rain today again and all weekend, next week doesnt look promising for sunshine either.

my cousin moved to austin a few yrs ago from NY and she said so many people move to austin, there are tons of things to do there. she loves it esp the heat.

41F with heavy low cloud cover.....
Winds out of the NW....
Drizzly right now, but more rain on the way....80%
39 for the low tonight....
Rain easing off this evening...dropping to 30% overnight and tomorrow....

Looks like the system is moving out in a northeasterly track!!

Last edited:
we had some sunshine today a few times, and when the sun was out it got very warm and muggy, but then we just had a thunderstorm and I think thats the evenings weather. dropping down to cooler temps. they are talking snow in the mtns. thats just plain crazy for this time of yr!!!!!

thunderstorms all last night. one after the other. today it started gloomy but now the sun is out with lots of clouds tho. they are still saying that it will drop tonight to 39 and in many places they will see snow. ok, really, isnt it MAY?????

I can see the sun!!! Still lingering clouds but looks like we will be getting sunny clear periods...
43F with possible isolated lingering showers....
Going up to 46 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies....
Dropping to 36 overnight.....
They are talking for periods of wet snow...maybe...but snow fall for areas to the northern....

sun this morning, gosh its nice to see that, but showers in our forecast. snow in the berkshires this morning. they must of been in shock. a high of 50 for the day. chilly breeze too. seems like we are going backwards instead of forwards.

Had a threat of frost and or wet snow last night, but it didn't happen!! It stayed above 34F....
39 this morning with clear blue skies...love the sun!!
Winds are light out of the NW...
Winds shifting out of the west this afternoon with a high of 50....
Going to be a slow warm up this week!

Light frost last night with a low of 33....
Sunny and 34 with no winds...
48 for the hight this afternoon...
39 for the low tonight...

38 this morning and feels really chilly out. when I woke up earlier it was nice and sunny, but that has now turned to clouds with rain this afternoon.
no wind this morning tho which is a plus. the wind yesterday was horrible and made it feel even more cold than it was. a high of 60 maybe today.
still waiting for the sunshine to come back for at least a day. horrible spring here!

35 this morning, can imagine what its like in the north country. burrrrr but its sunny. thats a plus. we might get to 60 today but I doubt it.

No frost last night , only went down to 41!
46F with partly sunny skies...not much of a wind out of the NE...
54 for this afternoon with mostly sunny skies...
Dropping to 45 tonight...
Looks like the temps have stablized.....
Rain moving in tomorrow, Friday and Saturday....looks like an inch total will fall.....so far according to the forecast....
Sun and showers for Sunday...

we had sun almost all day. what JOY!!! the temps were freezing this morning. it did get to 60 but it also was windy so still not very spring like.
at least it was a start for a nice day for a change. next week looks like we might kick up into high gear tho. Im seeing some 70's.
tonight will fall back into the high 30's burrr

46 with showers this morning....with light winds still out of the NE...
Only 20% chance of rain the rest of the day...
Looking at partly sunny skies this afternoon and the same for Friday...
55 for this afternoon, and 45 for the low tonight...

sunny here today and even got to 65, light winds so a most pleasant spring day. hope to have another one tomorrow. then a noreaster of rain starting sat afternoon......... ugh

48 this morning, sunny and climbing slowly up. they are saying 65 for today. no winds so it may be nicer than yesterday. still a nasty wet cold weekend. feel badly for all the mothers for their special day.

52 this morning....with mostly cloudy skies.
55 for this afternoon with mix of sun and clouds.
Only 30% chance of rain.....
Very light winds out of the ENE....
Looks like the rain that was promised is fizzling out....only 40% chance of rain tomorrow, and Sunday....isolated showers possible....
Low tonight 48!

rain has started here already, its early so maybe it will move out early and we can salvage some of mothers day with sunshine. we shall see.
48 at 9am. not moving much from there.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back