What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

its cool this morning t 65 but now that the sun is up its slowly getting humid and warm. just heard it will be 97 in portland oregon. hope randy stays inside today. not fit for a beast over there. we are getting mid 80's but the humidity makes it alot warmer and unbearable!

Looks like Janet will be getting the same heatwave as Randy!

Was 64 when I got up, and already 70... humidex 81.
Heating up to 81+ with humidex of 95....
Should get pop-up thunderstorms later on this afternoon just like late yesterday afternoon....had a few heavy downpours.
Dropping to 68 tonight with an 81 humidex...

67 this morning so sticky with 86% humidity, thunderstorms later and its grey so it might do that even sooner. thunderstorms the next two days then this weekend it cools down with a cool front coming from my friends in canada. thank you. we will need it by then

Dawn.....68F for the high on Saturday!!

Yesterday was nasty humid at 95...didn't get any thunderstorms here, but there were some to the east by mid afternoon with heavy downpours. Not a drop here!
73 with hazy blue skies with high thin clouds...humidex 88...
Light winds out of the SW....
Hoping for pop-up thunderstorms this afternoon due to day time heating....
High this afternoon 79+ with a 91+ humidex
68 for the low tonight with possible thunderstorms...

67 this morning with 95% humidity. yuk going up to 87 lateron. but thats cool compared to what randy and debe are getting.. Im hearing 115 maybe. wow thats toasty. maybe their humidity isnt as bad as ours. well keep cool ron and have a good day.
sat will be cooler here too. doesnt that mean your lows will be about 40's?

Saturday's cool down means 70 for the high and 61 for the low....

75 this morning with hazy sunshine! Humidex 88 with light winds out of the SW.
81 fot the high with a 95 humidex...blah!!
Risk of thunderstorms this afternoon, evening and overnight...into tomorrow!.
72 for the low tonight with a humidex of 86...going to be blah! for sleeping!

Looks like a stretch of cooler days starting on Saturday...right into next week!
Highs in the low 70s...lows in the mid 60's!

Thunderstorms developed late afternoon!
The first one grew to the southeast and spread out over us...we were on the outer fringe and had a few heavy downpours, which didn't last long....lots of rumblings and lightning..
Another developed out over the lave and cam ashore around 11:30 pm...went to bed to the sould of heavy intense lightning and downpours.....had a few more throughout the night.
More on the way for this afternoon...calling for more intense storm cells and heavy downpours and frequent lightning...
Humidex got up to 95 yesterday which fueled the storm cells...
High today 79+ with a 95+ humidex.... with winds out of the south...
Low tonight 63 with low humidex of 59 as a cool front passes through....rain overnight and into tomorrow morning...

Last edited:
It was a stormy afternoon yesterday wit some intense t-cells coming in off of Lake Erie.....lasted a good 6 hours and racked up a good 1/2 inch of rain....
The cool front passed though around 8pm and the temps and humidity dropped, with the gusty winds...
Dropped to 60F....great for sleeping!

61 this morning with mostly cloudy skies...should clear up by this afternoon...with a high of 72....
61 for the low tonight....

Great sleeping weather!
59F earlier this morning with mostly sunny skies.
Light winds are out of the SW.
Heading up to 73 with an 82 humidex.
Showers moving in this evening and overnight...
Low 66!

we had our cooldown yesterday afternoon. a lovely northern breeze and cooler temps from my canadian friends. this morning it was 55 and today is only 75. looks like rain is moving in for tomorrow, and the rest of the week looks sunny and about 80. more fall like but it beats the humidity we were having. 96% is a bit much of sticky.

59 this morning and gloomy. its supposed to rain all day. we could use some nice gentle soaking rain, not thunderstorms tho.

Hey Dawn, glad you are enjoying your cool down!

70F with mostly overcast skies...humidex 81....
There's a low scooting south of the great lakes which will bring conditions ripe for thunderstorms development.
73 for the high light winds out of the west....might see some sun on and off.....humidex 82...
Dipping to 61 tonight...

ITS WAS ONLY 63 YESTERDAY FOR A HIGH. a bit chilly, but today it will be 80. maybe thunderstorms today. yesterday we had more steady rain and that was nice. felt really fall like tho and reminded me of whats ahead.

ITS WAS ONLY 63 YESTERDAY FOR A HIGH
Nice blip for you!;)
Mosty cloudy with moments of sun...finally had a short shower early last evening....then the skies cleared. Nice wull moon last night!

63F with clear sunny, somewhat hazy skies.
Light wind out of the NW.
Heading up to 75 with ahumidex of 81....light winds shifting out of the SW..
68 for tonight.

64 earlier, now it's 70 with a humidex of 81.....
Mostly sunny with light winds out of the SW...
77 for the high with an 88 humidex....
64 overnight....
HHH is building again at least for the next 3 days before it dips down again...

yes, Ron nice full moon. thats always a treat. got to 80 yesterday and today will be 83. still a few days left with high humidity, but its coming back this weekend. ugh. Im going to PA which is south so I can just imagine what it will be like down there. rain too so we will probably visit inside. too bad as my cousin has a huge screen porch.

Dawn, have a great weekend in PA!

So glad it cools down at night!
68F with partly cloudy skies....humidex 81.
Winds are faint out of the south....
79 for this afternoon with a humidex of 86.
70 for overnight with a humidex of 81.
Slight chance of t-cells developing this afternoon....

60 this morning so a nice morning for windows opened all night. delightful!!! its going up to 85 today so it may get a bit sticky but I think the humidity is staying down so it should be ok in the shade. I like to sit outside on my break in the afternoon. the picnic table is in the shade.
yesterday there was a nice breeze. maybe today will be the same. have a good day everyone!

60 this morning with a light breeze from the north. the humidity is a bit high but that will go down lateron. going up to 80 today. still a bit low for this time of yr. sounds like your having a hot one lynpenny. stay cool if you can.
going to PA later for the weekend, so enjoy everyone and will be back next week.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back