What's the weather in your area? 2019 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Greetings from Denmark - Yea,I'm in Denmark for a few weeks. Denmark's weather is like Spring currently. Nice sunny and breezy during the day and abit chilly yet during the nights. ( Anette is teaching me how to read Dainish and even speek it as well ) It sure is different then I'm use too, but she has patience with me over that there -- sweet girl --! The daily highs have been around 65 or so and evening have been as low as 38 ( I think that is about right in the conversion to the US method ) Anette wanted to go back to Denmark as she has a very good girlfriend there ,so I went with her and made her feel very "Special " I think! :D I've been looking into finding another job back home ( I will stay at the job I have until I can find a job to more of my liking ) Anette wants me to stay where I am and forget about finding another until I really have too! ( her and I have been having some chats about that -- so we will see what comes about there ):) Hope everyone had a Wonderful Easter ! Becky ( Anette's girlfriend there ),became a Chief that day and had a few people over for dinner. ( she made some good stuff ):cool: - I'll be home next week and be around abit better ,hopefully --- ( I drive Anette crazy sometimes with being so busy too ). Take care ,folks!!

Hi Phil! You are certainly busy as usual! Enjoy your stay in Denmark! Say hi to Anette!
We are still stuck in the battle between Winter and Spring.... hoping Spring will finally win out in another week, or so!

57 with heavy dark clouds and rain for today...could see a thunderstorm or two...winds are light at 10 mph out of the south...with some higher gusts...windchill 52
54 with rain this afternoon...winds shift out of the west at 20 mph...windchill 48.
46 this evening with gusty winds and rain....windchill 39.
37 overnight with 23 mph winds with higher gusts....windchill 27.

hi Phil glad your having fun and learning a new language.

Ron, looks like your weather is up and down like its been here. we had 4 days of 70;s so I got to enjoy sitting outside on the deck and one day I cleaned out the garden which was fun. but like you, we are doing the rain dance and looks like the next week we will also do the rain dance most of the week. there is talk of snow, geez really????? they said its mostly in the mtns but the valleys can see some on sunday. that will make my day!!! NOT. want to stay in the spring mode for a while longer. bought a few perennials to plant when its time. they are on the deck so will have to be covered sometime sat afternoon. sunday is when we might get the snow and then frost!!! OMG crazy!

Hi Woodie! I'll be glad when this cold temps finally leave! Lake Erie is hovering around 33F and that is keeping the temps from going up too high with the winds out of the west and SW!

34 when I got up and slowly going up...36 now...winds 17 mph...windchill 25....with cloudy skies.
48 maybe for the high...mix of sun and clouds....winds 19 mph...windchill 41.
41 this evening with clouds moving in...winds 13 mph...windchill 34.
36 overnight with mix of snow and rain....light winds shift out of the north...windchill 28.
Tomorrow- mix of snow and rain....winds out of the north at 13 mph...

All the talk about wet snow, or snow, and even rain just isn't happening....It's cool, but that that's about it!

37 with a bit of sun but mostly cloudy...light winds out of the NE.
50 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies....light winds shift out of the north...windchill 46.
45 this evening...with very light winds....windchill 41.
32 overnight...light winds and maybe some patchy frost...winds light out of the NE...windchill 25.

Had frost earlier this morning....it didn't last long once the sun came up!

36 with mostly sunny skies... very light winds out of the east.
46 this afternoon with light rain....14 mph winds out of the east....windchill 41.
43 this evening with rain....winds 16 mph...windchill 36.
39 overnight...clearing skies...winds shift out of the north 9 mph...windchill 34.
Temps look like they will be more up then down with showers off and on!

had frost here early this morning and it was pretty chilly out with the strong winds. no snow here tho, just up north of here got a little.
the winds have stopped and its sunny today. going up to 60. tonight rain and looks like rain on and off for the week.

No frost last night...was a bit too warm and breezy!
41 with overcast skies...light winds are out of the north windchill 36.
50 this afternoon with mix of sun and clouds....light winds shift out of the NE....windchill 46.
46 this evening.....winds a bit stronger at 11 mph out of the NE....windchill 41.
43 with rain overnight...16 mph winds shift out of the east....
Scattered thunderstorms by morning.
Rain for the next 3 days.....

Rain last night and earlier this morning! Looks like more on the way with possible thunderstorms!

46 was sunny earlier, now clouding over....with light winds out of the east
61 with scattered thundershowers....winds shift out of the north.
43 this evening with thundershowers...light to moderate winds shift out of the west.
50 overnight with light rain....light winds shift out of the SW.
Cloudy with showers tomorrow morning....winds out of the north.

Darn! Forgot to hit post reply again!

Hit 73 for a short time yesterday...didn't have any thunderstorms but mostly sunny skies....rain moved in for the evening as the temps dropped slowly to 45 overnight with fog!

50 with overcast skies and not much of a wind out of the north....
57 this afternoon with variable cloudiness....light winds shift out of the SW....windchill 55.
52 this evening...light winds shift out of the east...windchill 50.
50 overnight with rain....light winds...windchill 46.

temps for the next 5 days....highs in the mid to high 50's and lows in the low to mid 40's....Stable Spring temps are finally settling in!

Saw a pair of Admirals and some Question Mark butterflies yesterday and this morning!

Raining again! Had some heavy downpours last night and earlier this morning!

45 and overcast with light rain....light winds out of the west...windchill 41.
54 this afternoon with showers....light winds shift out of the north.
52 this evening with clearing skies....light winds shift out of the NE....windchill 50.
46 overnight with fog.....very light winds ...windchill 43.

Yesterday a pair of red breasted grosbeak showed up at our feeder.

Rain again! Going to be a cloudy drizzly day!

46 with overcast skies and fog....light rain and drizzle...light winds out of the north..
55 with drizzle this afternoon..light winds out of the north for the next 24 hours....
50 this evening with fog developing.
41 overnight with fog.

Yesterday the orioles arrived as well as the barn swallows. First dandelions popped open on the lawns!
Darn, starting a bad habit of forgetting to click Post Reply!

50 with mix of sun and clouds....light winds out of the NE.
63 with sunny skies this afternoon...light winds...
55 this evening....light winds shift out of the north...
43 overnight......light winds shift out of the south....

Nice stable temps have settled in!

45 with sunny skies...very light winds out of the SSW.
59 and mostly sunny this afternoon...13 mph winds out of the SW.
55 this evening with showers....winds easing off to 8 mph.
46 overnight with light rain....light winds out of the north.

Soil is still too wet to work! Need a good several days for it to dry out before tilling! Did manage to get rid of of some weeds this weekend!

Hi Ron and Woodie -- Greetings to all -
Got home from Denmark a few days ago and started back to work right off ( like the following day there ) So,yea,I am a busy guy as you stated ,Ron!! :) Anette tells me that I'm doing good at learning the Danish language ,but I'll tell ya ,it sure is really different then what I'm use too! When I first met Anette,she worked with me some to learn the language and I guess I did ok as I snagged her there! :D
Anyways,I just thought I'd pop in and say Hello once again to everyone . Today is a very wonderful day weather wise here ( 76 degrees currently / nice and sunny and not a cloud to be seen in the sky anywhere. When I came back home ,it was raining and even snowing but none of the snow stuck around for very long ( thankfully ) This Spring has been very, very wet around here and many days have had nothing but rain in the forecast as well. ( I don't know if I should have stayed in Denmark or not as I guess it's pretty nice there I hear from Anette telling me alittle from her phone calls she gets from some of her friends! ) :cool: They tell us we can expect rain again tomorrow --- so, enjoy the day today --- so I went to work and when I got home ,I washed both cars!! :)
I will be around better ( hopefully ) --- I do get busy these days with things........
Just thought I'd jump in here and say Hello from the USA !! ( Good to be back Home ) :)

Welcome back Phil!
Lots of rain this spring and a hell of a lot more on the way!
Temps are cool too due to the cloud coverage, so no high temps!

45 with rain...light winds out of the north.
52 this afternoon with showers/light rain...light winds shift out of the SW.
48 this evening with some clearing...light winds shift out of the north...
41 overnight...

Tomorrow will be sunny, then the next system moves in with a lot of rain for Thurs and Fri days!....get another one day break with sun then another system moves in on Sun!!!

nothing but rain the past two weeks, so sick of rain. but today woke up to sunshine! woohoo about time. of course we are back to rain for another two days after this, then hopefully sun for the weekend. time to plant some things. have a knock out rose and some other perennials. today is my window of opportunity!!!

Been the same here Woodie! Really sick of it.....can't get into the gardens...the soil is way too wet to work!

46 and sunny again for just one day.....light winds out of the east....
55 this afternoon with sunny skies....winds picking up out of the east 16 mph.
50 this evening.....winds 17 mph....
45 overnight with clouds moving in from the next system...winds 16 mph.

50 tomorrow morning with rain and moderate winds!

Next sunny day Saturday....then 2 more days of rain!!! :(

The latest system is starting to move in! Expecting around an one and a half inches of rain today and another inch tomorrow!

61 with increasing clouds moving in...winds around 8 mph out of the SE...
72 this afternoon with thundershowers...winds shift out of the south at 15 mph...humidex 77.
59 this evening with thundershowers...winds out of the south at 18 mph...
55 overnight with rain....winds 19 mph.
54 tomorrow morning with rain

Saturday and finally sunny again...at least for today!
Rain for tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday!!!

43 with clear blue skies....very light winds out of the NW...
54 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies....winds shift out of the NE at 10 mph..
50 this evening....winds 14 mph...
45 overnight.......

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back