What's wrong with my blueberry bush?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mirrasi

I am new to any kind of gardening. I ordered a Sunshine Blue blueberry bush which came delivered in a pot. It's very small still. A few of the leaves on top were brown. I got it a week ago and planted it about 5 days ago in a 20" container with 50/50 mix potting soil and peat and a sprinkle of plant food. I do think I may have over watered a bit, but it isn't droopy. I just bought me one of those soil checkers so I can figure out when to water better.

Anyway, I am noticing some of the leaves have brown spots on them and it's getting worse. There are one or two stems that look great and the rest have spots. I took some pics. Does anyone know what the cause is and how I can fix it?

spots
2-8.jpg

brown leaves
1-5.jpg

I don't know what the brown spots are, but I do know that blueberries are shallow-rooted and need lots of water. A meter is a good idea though.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back