Happy first day of spring

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
To all my gardening friends, HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

I don't know how happy I will be later if it is still raining and I have to drive in it but my plants are very happy. with the rain last night I know they are going to have a great day.

Oh what a glorious Spring it is!
I wish everyday could be spent in the garden enjoying the creations!
Ah Spring is your reward for enduring winter

Right back at y'all
It is my Moms B-day... spring-Mom they just seemed to go together. (I miss her daily.)

Happy Spring Day to all of you too!
It'll be another shorts and t-shirt day here, which is just nuts for March!
We're 10-15 degrees warmer then the norm!

It's spring on the calendar, but it is still cold and wet here. It's the same every year though so I am accustomed to it. Our bright days will come.

Happy SPRING!

Attachments

• hummfeeding.gif
    hummfeeding.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 272
  • pansygoodam.jpg
    pansygoodam.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 2010 Easter lily 003 (2)  EM.jpg
    2010 Easter lily 003 (2) EM.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 08_tijgetje.gif
    08_tijgetje.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 264
  • bouncing tigger.jpg
    bouncing tigger.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 260
The only way to tell it is spring here is to look at the daffodils. Our temperature is in the mid 30's.

It was 31 degrees this morning but it has stopped snowing at least for the time being.

I saw that Oregon got snow. I read this years ago and ....."THROW the bulbs willy-nilly around your yard." I did it ~ I don't know where ANYthing is and the squirrels cart the bulbs all over the yard AND outside the yard! Someone said,"YOUR CROcuses and daff are BEAUTIFUL!" oh.....I don't know where they are. OH! the ones the SQUIRRELS ran off with! It is supposed to be 82° today. It was 65° when I got up this morning. In my humble opinion ~ something is outta whack.... Have a nice day all ☼ Curbie

The squirrels here have plenty of nuts to cart around and they do a good job of it. We have three filbert trees besides being surrounded on three sides by filbert orchards.

the squirrels here are hungry there wasn't many nuts last fall now they are going into houses. my friend has them in her attic and her hubby put up poison to get them now they can't turn on the a/c cause it smells too bad. I'm glad I don't have squirrels. they can do a lot of damage.

Now THAT really cracks me up, Randy ~ natural nuts or human nuts? Now I have the hicpups. I feed our squirrels every day. They simply eat peanuts IN the shell. The day when a squirrel walked in the dogdoor, I thought the cats and dog would pounce on it ~ nope, nobody did anything except look at me....."Mom, it's in the house now." It went right back out the dogdoor. I seem to attract rodents ~ I've had a chipmunk climb up the inside of my jeans. We have a lot of mice around and MTM took a shower with one whom was on the shower rod. I have a 'no kill' philosophy ~ every critter that comes in alive shall stay alive. The worst thing was when the cat brought in a cardinal and I scooped it up and the daggone thing LATCHED onto my hand. I took it outside and was BANGING it on the deck railing b/c I could not get it to release it's beak. It probably left with a pretty good headache. :) Curbster

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back