Hi yall, I'm Grandma Evelyn!!!

• Thread starter 80stillgardening
  • Start date
GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

80stillgardening

Hey everyone. I'm Evelyn . Grandma's my name. Spoiling's my game hehe. I love it. Life has become better as I have become older. Other than my hearing hehe. I've even learned to use computers as you can see. Anyway, the hobby that has stayed with me through the years is gardening. I still do it at 80 years young. Just thought I'd meet yall on here. Tata!

Welcome to Garden Forums! :) There's lots of really awesome people and gardeners here! Oh, and I hope I'm still gardening when I'm 80! Just jump into any thread you like and I hope you'll check out our weather thread too!

Well, this is a place where we speak openly and respectfully (well ....sometimes :) Some folks are simply, goofballs...) We are very happy to know you have joined us! Curbie

Attachments

• _welcome.jpg
    _welcome.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 05_eyoor.jpg
    05_eyoor.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 286
  • greetsng10.gif
    greetsng10.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Hello Grandma Evelyn...I'm Granny Debe' nice to meet ya...so glad you have come to play in the dirt with us all

Hello Grandma Evelyn. I am a Grandma too. I am so glad you decided to join us. Welcome.

Dang! Wouldn't you know it? I am no longer the oldest person on the forum. Well, it was bound to happen someday. LOL Welcome to the forum, Grandma.

Welcome Evelyn....from the catskills of NY.......lots of great gardeners on here, so ask away or tell us all your secrets.......
bobbi

Welcome Grandma! We are so glad you joined us. We are a fun loving group with the common thread of gardening. Please jump right in and have fun with us.

Curbie, I am pretty sure Evelyn holds that distinction now. My next birthday will be #77.

I took my hubby with me to a thrift store yesterday and we got a big savings...I didn't know he was that Old...LOL...well I did but didn't know we could use it...LOL...as I am just a baby myself...LOL

From another gramma Welcome to the group. I am in very cold Alberta Canada. I didn't notice where you were from.

hi there Grandma Evelyn , and WELCOME . its so nice to have a Grandma with use , i havent any anymore , and some times i really miss them , i hear storys of how one of them loved to garden too , but never got to talk with her about flowers and plants . hope you will stay a long long time , and enjoy . Nancy B.

Hold up, Nancy B. ~ There is always 'use' in everyone. Sometimes we may forget it how much we contribute ~ it can be towards ourselves or a pet or a friend. The impact of your footsteps is always reflected in your smile. Smile and say,"THANK you." Tell the garbage man he is a lovely person. In my humble opinion, we are all surrounded by people ~ if we make contact with 5 per day....phone, internet, however....if we think more about others than ourselves. WHO KNOWS, you may receive a packet of seeds and use a teaspoon to stick them, in water. You clearly are a gardener and shall remain one. I'm glad you're here ~ Curbie :)

Welcome Grandma. I miss my grammie alot, she taught me alot about gardening and I have alot of her plants in my gardens. I love walking around my garden talking to her about how well her plants are doing. When she was in the nursing home, I used to bring her bouquets of her plants. I also made a bouquet for her funeral with the flowers. I lost her July 2003 and I was very fortunate to have her until I was 45. She was 100 1/2 when she past and her mind was there until the day before she passed.
Hope to see you around here alot and learn alot from you. Wished I had paid more attn to what they used for deterants for the bugs, etc. I know they didn't use chemicals

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back