It's winter what new crafts

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi Curbie...
Curbie, crafting was great yesterday, as always. We 3 regulars were all there with bells on. We have all decided that it is the most fun 2 days that we have every month. I ended up working on putting fringe on the new scarf that I made. I am trying to finish up some of my almost done stuff before starting something new. Pam is going to have the Locker Hooking all figured out by the time that I am ready to start. She decided that having a practive scrap to start with is the way to go until you get a feel for it. Ruth was working on her red white and blue mittens.
We went for lunch at a favorite local Mexican Restaurant and then went to Hobby Lobby for a couple of hours. It was the first time I haven't bought any yarn, and they were teasing me about that. I didn't tell them that I just bought 5 more skeins at Walmart last week, ha.
Hubbies plane has arrived in Toronto, I assume that he is in customs right now. He has been keeping me updated, but I hadn't heard from him yet and his plane landed about 5:45. Now he has a short flight to Harrisburg that should get in before 11 this morning. Then home.

Having friends is one of the best things that can happen to anyone. Just like knitting ~ all shapes and all sizes. I don't know what Locker Hooking is. Make a sign to welcome hubby home ~ that's crafting :) ~ Curbie

HeeHee Curbie,
This trip was a rough one for me, don't know if it was because of the crappy weather or what. I have cabin fever or something. Two years ago we were shopping for houses in Feb. with just long sleeved shirts on. This year I have been staying at home a lot, and being alone with yourself all of the time usually isn't the best thing. We were all saying yesterday that we are sick of ourselves, ha.
If you YouTube Locker Hooking there are several good videos on it. It looks like it is going to be fun.
One gal has a hubby who does pottery, so I was asking her yesterday if she thought that she could get him to take a Thursday off to spend the day with the crafting gals. She didn't think that he would be intimidated by that. He is still setting up his "man Cave", so isn't ready to have us there for Craft Day yet.
I just got a note from Honey and he had quite the time getting thru security. Apparently it is very tight right now for EVERYONE who goes thru. They practically do everything they can think of short of a full hands on body search to make sure that you are ok to go thru.

I have PlayDoh.....but I love pottery. I thought about your husband when they said," NEW airport rules. Be prepared to be swabbed." We can't get pickles through customs! I am always the person who gets pulled aside (so we go to the airport early) ~ "I'll volunteer....I don't know what my DNA is..." H1N1 ~ where did that go? The airport? ~ Curbie

They were kind of worried going to the airport in Brazil...the city was flooded so the taxi took a different route and got lost. He got to the airport just in time. I think that he has only gotten flagged once or twice in all of his 25 years of international travel.
I used to make homemade play doh for my kids when they were little. Every time I hear the word Pottery I think of the movie "Ghost". Hmm.

I have PlayDoh.....but I love pottery. I thought about your husband when they said," NEW airport rules. Be prepared to be swabbed." We can't get pickles through customs! I am always the person who gets pulled aside (so we go to the airport early) ~ "I'll volunteer....I don't know what my DNA is..." H1N1 ~ where did that go? The airport? ~ Curbie

If you put down that the pickles are a "gift" and don't say what they are won't they go thru customs?

Regis and Kelly have a pottery segment on..... The lady asked if there was anything perishable, hazardous, etc.......well ~ they're pickles. I really need to send one to another foreign country (England) but I don't have one. I think I may order more???? ~ Curbie

The size of the photo has to be 300 x 400 to post or 400 x 300. Download your own pics, into your own computer ~ resize it. On here you have to go to click on "Go Advanced" )( not Post Quick Reply) (right below here). Then you go to 'Manage Attachments" . I do believe anything you resize to whichever folder / file you can accomplish this. ( I always name them 'EM' ) Well, see you do have the patence so we can work on this together ~ Curbie :)

Sounds easy enough - however, after I have done this little task afew times , nothing seems to get completed. As I stated,I will get this sometime and I will remember what I went through in order to get it to work. ( I'm not in this alone here ( I don't think ) there are afew scratching there heads on how to get this one solved. Patience is a verture there Curbie, ( yes,both parties ) but I thank you for taking time to post some instructions on how one might be able to do this correctly! :) * I will get this - count on it! - *

I'll count on you :) and it's easy when you download them (the regular size). I am dummer than a doorknob with a computer but I am sure I can teach you (and whomever else). I am a pretty good teacher (I think). :eek: ~ Curbie

Attachments

• EM.jpg
    EM.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0858 (2)large EM.jpg
    IMG_0858 (2)large EM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0863 (2)EM.jpg
    IMG_0863 (2)EM.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2682 (3)  EM.jpg
    IMG_2682 (3) EM.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Christmas Socks (2)  EM.jpg
    Christmas Socks (2) EM.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 283
very,very interesting!! Give me alittle more time to get the concept alittle bit better!

see......you did it :) If we goof ~ we goofed. PRH deserves a pickle :) "Live and Learn" etc. etc. etc. We learn from each other and it is not a race ~ FINE job PRH :) Curbie

Attachments

• cayman 9-08 248 (2) print.jpg
    cayman 9-08 248 (2) print.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 282
  • EM.jpg
    EM.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 279
  • red and pink llily 004 (2)  EM.jpg
    red and pink llily 004 (2) EM.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Egan's lilies 006 (2)  for Egan.jpg
    Egan's lilies 006 (2) for Egan.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 290
interesting for sure! Thanks for hang in there with me and having confidence in me - ( this was working on me for sometime too )

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back