It's winter what new crafts

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Attachments

• Radio - GalleryPlayer.jpg
    Radio - GalleryPlayer.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 331
Hubby is home and he wants me to knit him a scarf!! How fun is that? He is going to pick out his own yarn.
Hey, I know someone on here knows how to make stepping stones...please post!

YEAH for hubby :) Rest easy! I do not know how to make stepping stones but at that craft store, they may have a kit. ~ Curbie

Plan didn't seem to work,but got a picture to post! Plant on floor is a Sago Palm,Plant on stand is a Yellow Christmas Cacti ( same plant in other post )

Has anyone tried tatting? I think that looks neat too, although I don't know what you would do with the end product.

I worked on knitting yesterday. Thank goodness for YouTube as I couldn't remember how Ruth told me to purl. I am starting a wild blanket with all of the jewel tone colors. I want to do it in 5 colors and make the blocks different knitting stitches, or variations of them. I have a book that I got probably 25 years ago that has all kinds of knit and crochet stitches in it. It should be great practice.
I also have to revisit the craft stores to see where I saw the pattern for a really cool granny square block that was called "sunburst" I think. I saw it, didn't buy the pattern and now I have the yarn to make it and can't find it.

Jade when I was young I wanted to learn to tat and my mama told me that since I was into "instant gratification" that tatting was NOT for me. So even though I should have learned I didn't. (sure do wish I had.)

I just googled several different "sunburst" patterns before a trip to the craft store maybe you should check them out.

Has anyone tried tatting? I think that looks neat too, although I don't know what you would do with the end product.

I do not tat but have a couple of bookmarks my aunt tatted for me when I was a child. she put hers on cloths for lace and she made different patterns with it. I was very interested in it but she said it took too much time to do and my mother would never let me have that much time. she taught me to crochet instead.

WOW...everything is great but have to say I really love those bowling balls Sandi...My hubby has been making these stands out of old transmission parts...and the bowls would sit very nice on them...I will have to take pic's of the stands...

WOW...everything is great but have to say I really love those bowling balls Sandi...My hubby has been making these stands out of old transmission parts...and the bowls would sit very nice on them...I will have to take pic's of the stands...

Thanks Flower! I would love to see pics of the stands your hubby makes...maybe give my DH an idea & a hint from it ;)
You should try a bowling ball, especially since you will have a stand..they really are so sparkly in SUNshine.
Wonder how to clean up coins?? I would like to make a penny bowling ball..or a nickel ball..wow!:cool:

I do not tat but have a couple of bookmarks my aunt tatted for me when I was a child. she put hers on cloths for lace and she made different patterns with it. I was very interested in it but she said it took too much time to do and my mother would never let me have that much time. she taught me to crochet instead.

uuumm color me clueless...what is tatting?
when I first saw that I thought of body art :confused:

Google it Blue...it is a type of lacework. It does look very cool. Maybe another one for me to learn after the lockerhooking and the stepping stone making.

I never learned tatting but my grandmother did it a lot as well as embroidery.

Has anyone ever repaired a sweater? A friend of mine brought two cashmere sweaters to me to repair some holes from moths. They are new and he never wore them. I bought some embroidery thread to see if I can do it.

My grandma used to do tatting and it is a type of lacework that uses very fine 'thread'. Dor, I don't know how you'd fix those moth holes. Step 1=get rid of the moths Can you weave it back together somehow? Like from the back (inside out) so the front still looks OK? ~ Curbie

I will try from the back Curbie. Yes he is trying to get rid of them. Someone told him to use cigars so he put cigars in the closet. I told him moth balls but he says moth ball won't get rid of these kind of moths.

cigars .... now that is interesting.....does the nicotine in the cigars kill the moths? How many cigars do you have to buy? Do you light them or just leave them? Hm......cigars... ~ Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back