My veggie garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Last of my chillies until September:)

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 214
Safe trip, Jade. You know, Jules lives in Nova Scotia. Julie and her hubby drive all the way to South Carolina every spring to play golf! I've had the pleasure of meeting she & her husband once. Nova Scotians are SO pleasant! Julie is on an Alaskan cruise right now or I'd give you her phone # . That's funny about the maps! Halifax is on the east side of the island, just about midway along the coast. You'll have to take a BEAUTIFUL bridge and you will see so much lovely scenery (besides the bride and groom!) Have a great trip! Curbie

Wow it sounds like a great trip Jade. I will think of you. I start summer classes on Mon. Then I have them until Aug 15 and then getting ready for student teach. Dec can not come too fast for me. I'm ready to graduate.

You will AODRE STUDENTTEACHING! That's when you realize you REALLY learned NOTHING that applies to teaching and the 'Mom' inside you takes over. "NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME b/c YOU are ACTING LIKE a BUNCH OF MONKEYS!" The hamster got lose in the classroom and decided to go into the radiator. I yelled,"SOMEBODY go get the custodian!" b/c my arm was stuck IN THE HEATER! "We had a GREAT day at SCHOOL TODAY! Mrs.Chalfant got her ARM stuck in the radiator trying to catch the hamster and it got stuck in the radiator and Mr. Jerry had to come to get her out but all he did was keep hitting her in the head with the metal pieces!" I went home with SUCH a headache but the hamster survived. Student teaching is AWESOME. You suddenly know that you do NOT know, what you THOUGHT you learned. Curbie :)

so this feeling like what did they tell us to do is natural? I hope it look like an adult some of the time this next year. So far they haven't taught us any thing more than theory.

I haven't tried eggplant for years. I didn't like it when I was a kid. I should at least try it again.

Untill last year, I would not even think about eating one. My neighbor kept working on me. SHe would make this and that and MAKE me try it. She would stand there until I tasted it. Now it is something tim and I both LOVE. So , yes, you should give it a go. I have some wonderful recipes from my neighbor that I would be willing to share ;)

Jade,
Have a great trip and be safe! What a great time of year to make that trip!

John,
Beautiful chilies! I am going to replant my seeds this next week. I had such a poor germination rate on my peppers this year. :(

'Theory' is a great word. However, exactly what has it taught YOU. I'd stand in front of MANY CLASSES and think,"You know......I don't have a CLUE what I'M talking about" so I'd ask the kids what they were thinking. Student taching is FABulous experience. I was given textbooks and I didn't know what I was going to do with them. The lady I taught under said to me one day,"YOU are SO GOOD at this!" You know, I taught along side of her for 20 years AT the same school. I was only ever in one school ~ Cashell Elementary, for 30 years. I was too afraid to go anywhere else.Always buy a year book. You're going to LOVE it (in theory)! Curbie

Nancy yeah I had a bit of trouble too, getting mine to germinate. I tried about 3 different plantings! The 3rd photo in my previous post is of a bush that came up by itself, grew about 4ft tall and was covered in the things! I made some chilli jam and sweet chilli sauce and also had a feast of garlic/chilli crab, which was yummy! Hope you have better luck with your new seeds!

That sounds so good John. I love spicy crab anything. I make a killer bisque in the fall and winter. And of course we always have dips, spreads and stuffings. Ok going a little Bubba Gump here. :D
I had a awesome pepper year last year , but this year they are really not doing much. If the rain doesn't kill them, I think this will be a year for tomatoes.

Some girls

Some girls brag about their husbands buying them diamonds, or new cars.......
But my husband got me free composted mulch from the dump LOL! :p

Can't wait to add this to the garden!

Attachments

• 019 (800x532).jpg
    019 (800x532).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 020 (800x532).jpg
    020 (800x532).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 199
Now THAT'S a real man! LOL! Have fun over the weekend. We put cow manure down one year. All the neighbors did was complain about the smell. MTM and I would say stupid things like,"Oh! We thought that aroma was YOU!" "MY GOSH! WHO STINKS?" "WHO TRAMPED in something????" We laughed that WHOLE summer! :) Curbie

Thankfully , this does not smell. I already have a dead tree in the yard that the buzzards roost in every night. I couldn't imagine if it smelled like something they would want to check out :p.

These neighbors really are hysterical for MTM and me. We used to get along with them very well but I got yelled at by her and my neighbor got yelled at by her so (A) we don't pay any attention to them. (B) When we're bored, we make fun of them.(C) If nothing is happening in 'Duh Hood', MTM will throw a soda can into their yard b/c they don't recycle. (We're t/h es) They got out to dinner EVERY night b/c she doesn't know how to cook.She's 60. Curbz

Guess what! I am SO PROUD of my teens b/c.....drum roll please..... the 3 of them ALL GOT JOBS FOR THE SUMMER!!!! One came by the other day and said,"I am skipping the interview." oh no you're not. Act responsible!"It's too hot to walk up there." Take a soda and WALK ON young man! These poor boys get yelled more by me than their Mom. Well, it will be a quiet summer around here but the kids ALL got JOBS!Marcus said,"well.....I'm the kitchen b _ _ _ _ ." They think that money is free ~ nope,earn it. I am so proud of them!!!!! :) Tis a Curbz

Getting a job is the first part. If they can keep them, that is a real feather in their hat.

I am extremely happy as my son finally got a job. He is in a call center again but he knows this work and can do it. It could be full time this summer and part time when fall classes start.

Wow Nancie I looove bisque! Go as much Bubba Gump as you want:D I had fresh lob---er ravioli a couple of times and it was delicious. What a hoot about the compost he sure knows the way to your heart! One year I was given a compost bin, a new hose and a weed wacker for my birthday but never been given compost! This is a pic of my last crop of beans before the weather turns too cold, hopefully they'll produce ok. Curbie and Lyn well done on your boys getting jobs, it'll be a good experience for them.:)

Attachments

• beans.JPG
    beans.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 205
These dudes (teens) aren't my boys. They actually live on a different street with their Mom. Mom is very busy raising grandsons and I feel I have helped raise these boys. One said the other day,"When will I grow up?" Well, he's 6'3" & 17y/o so I said," oh.....any day now". "Do you have anything to eat?" YEP! It's at YOUR house! Go home now. I've known these kids since they were 6,7,& 8. If it takes a village, so far it's taken 2 homes. They cook over here and know how to set a table. I really am proud of them. One just graduated from high school. He's my favorite :) Curbz

Getting back to veggie gardening~~~~

I still haven't planted anything in the veggie garden except sowed a patch of parsnip seeds and over sowed with radishes!
The toms are in pots as well as the eggplants. The cucs finally germinated in their jiffy pots. The dwarf scarlet runners are almost all up ....one pot still hasn't sprouted yet!
Once we get through this bout of rainy and nasty weather I'll be planting out the plants in the garden, and sow the yellow and green beans, carrots and more radish seeds!
I over planted onions last year and have a bumper crop, and the garlic is looking great!
I'll be harvesting some rubbarb this week!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back