New blooms in my garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Look what I had blooming when I got up this morning. I just hope my pink, yellow and white ones will bloom.

Attachments

• Angel Trumpet 4.jpg
    Angel Trumpet 4.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 259
Gosh your gardens are lovely! I should see if the vitex is viable in my zone five. I never see it in the nurseries so it problably isn't sure is beautiful. TFS

Clerodendrum thomasiae. It's in the verbenaceae family and also known as the glory bower. I thought it was a climbing bleeding heart but it's a bleeding heart vine and different from the climbing bleeding heart. Does that make sense to anyone. When I got it I thought they were the same thing until I looked it up on the web and found that they were different plants. It has just started blooming.

My next door neighbor has that vine Maggie and it is so pretty. She gave me a cutting but it didn't make it. I am hoping I can find one at the one end of season clearance at my favorite nursery. I am glad to know the name as she called it something else(Hot Lips) and another friend called her just Bleeding heart.

My next door neighbor has that vine Maggie and it is so pretty. She gave me a cutting but it didn't make it. I am hoping I can find one at the one end of season clearance at my favorite nursery. I am glad to know the name as she called it something else(Hot Lips) and another friend called her just Bleeding heart.
I'm going to try and root some and if they root I can send you some if you want them. I like to try rooting new plants. New to me that is. My sister want some so I'm going to try.

I'm going to try and root some and if they root I can send you some if you want them. I like to try rooting new plants. New to me that is. My sister want some so I'm going to try.

I would love some Maggie. Thank you very much.

OK I'll make some cuttings tomorrow and see what I come up with. I'll keep you informed on the progess if there is any.

Cannas, aster, candy lilies, hibiscus and glads.

Attachments

• Canna yll-red 2.jpg
    Canna yll-red 2.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 268
  • Aster red 1.jpg
    Aster red 1.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Candy Lilies 5.jpg
    Candy Lilies 5.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 278
  • Hibiscus wht 1.jpg
    Hibiscus wht 1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Glads red 2.jpg
    Glads red 2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 277
Maggie it just keeps getting better. They are so very lovely.

I've grown glads before but this is the first time I've grown them here were we have such high winds. I can't remember how sturdy the stems are. Do you think I will need to stake them? I have so many things staked in my garden it would be nice not to have to stake something.

We are having a lot of high winds this year to and even though you can't see them I have the wire stakes on mine. I always have to stake them. I think you really need to stake them. For some reason the color on these are not true. They are a deep wine which I'm not particularly fond of. Oh well A flower is a flower tho. so I accept them.

Can someone tell me the name of this flower.

Attachments

• Little blue flower 1.jpg
    Little blue flower 1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 282
Balloon flowers, butterfly weed from the seed that (I think) it was Treva sent me. Clematis, butterfly on a tickseed and Lime Light hydrangea.

Attachments

• Balloon flowers pk 1.jpg
    Balloon flowers pk 1.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Butterfly Weed rd 1.jpg
    Butterfly Weed rd 1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 283
  • Clematis 1.jpg
    Clematis 1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 263
  • Butterfly on tickseed 1.jpg
    Butterfly on tickseed 1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Limelite Hydrangea 1.jpg
    Limelite Hydrangea 1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 281
The last pictures for tonight. Celosies, hen & chick bloom (first time they have bloomed for me), monkey faces, early mums and tickseed with butterfly and bee.

Attachments

• Celosis 2.jpg
    Celosis 2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Hen & Chick bloom.jpg
    Hen & Chick bloom.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 276
  • Monkey Faces 2.jpg
    Monkey Faces 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Mums dk-pk 1.jpg
    Mums dk-pk 1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Tickseed 2.jpg
    Tickseed 2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 297
Thanks Maggie I will stake mine as well. I can hardly wait they are all ready to bloom. I don't know why I haven't grown them in ten years. I'll have to dig them up and store them over the winter but they are worth the effort.

Gosh your garden never stops rewarding you for all your hard work. Your pictures make me think of a catalog each one more beautiful then the next.

It has been 100* for days and they say it will be for the next week. It only cools down for a few hours in the wee hours of the morning so everything in my garden is stressed and just hanging on for dear life. My datura blooms are only lasting one day. My stargazer lilies buds are all sunburned so are a lot of my plants. Poor things not a lot I can do about it but the lily is going to be moved so it gets some mid day shade next year.

More blooms from my gardens.
Celosis
Hibiscus Pink
Hibiscus red
Texas Star
Mexican Petunia

Attachments

• Celosis 3.jpg
    Celosis 3.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Hibiscus pk 2.jpg
    Hibiscus pk 2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 272
  • Hibiscus red 2.jpg
    Hibiscus red 2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 288
  • Texas Star 1.jpg
    Texas Star 1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Mexican Petunia 1.jpg
    Mexican Petunia 1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 278

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back