New blooms in my garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Celosis, a pot of throw away mixed plants, fuschia, spider lilies and some elephant ears.

Attachments

• Celosis 4.jpg
    Celosis 4.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Assorted potted plants 1.jpg
    Assorted potted plants 1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Fuschia 4.jpg
    Fuschia 4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Spider lilies 2.jpg
    Spider lilies 2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Elephant Ears 1.jpg
    Elephant Ears 1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 280
All your blooms are always so pretty Maggie but I just love the fuschia. I will have to grow some next year.

Thanks richnkim and Dor, the fuschia is suppose to be a perennial but I'm afraid to plant it in the ground because I would sure hate to lose it after 3 years. I overwinter it on my enclosed back deck thru the winter.

Maggie, isn't picture #4 cleome, or spider flower rather than spider lily? It's beautiful, and reminds me I need to plant it again.

I have the cleome seeds also Blue and Maggie. I never seem to get around to planting them but since I have a long growing season I can still plant them this year. They are really pretty. My sisters Godmother always had lots of them in her yard.

See, it's easy to get confused with the regional differences in common names. What I have always called a spider lily is Lycoris radiata. Some folks call it a Surprise lily, or Red spider lily.

http://imaginatorium.org/sano/higanb.htm

There is also Hymenocallis occidentalis , which is also called a spider lily, and is lovely as well.

Must get a bigger yard...
There

Canna
My Angel Trumpets have started blooming. I took these pictures on the day the blooms opened and they are white and yellow but as they aged they turned a deep yellow. Really pretty. There are a lot of pods yet to open and I'm hoping to get a lot of blooms at one time. My pink one and white one doesn't have any pods on them.
Sweet Autumn Clematis. They are blooming a month early. All my flowers (perennials) bloomed around a month early and they are fadeing out now and it just august. I couldn't get my crepe mytrle picture to post. I'm really having trouble posting pictures for some reason.

Attachments

• Canna red & yll 1.jpg
    Canna red & yll 1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Angel Trumpet yll 3.jpg
    Angel Trumpet yll 3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Angel Trumpet yll 5.jpg
    Angel Trumpet yll 5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Sweet Autumn Clematis 3.jpg
    Sweet Autumn Clematis 3.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 279
Maggie your flower's are all beautiful.I love the fuschia too.But have no luck growing it.I'll have red spider lilies blooming soon.:)

Lastest pictures of my angel trumpets.

Attachments

• Angel Trumpet 5.jpg
    Angel Trumpet 5.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Angel Trumpet 6.jpg
    Angel Trumpet 6.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 249
Just took a stroll through this lovely garden of flowers. Sure is refreshing since I barely had anything this year. Just too dry and I haven't been able to water. We're still having near 100F temps almost every day and it's been going on since June. I won't say I'm wishing for winter but it's been our record hot year even for down here. Thanks for the awesomely colorful photos!!

As usualy they are all spectacular. Someone told me once that cleome were called cat's whiskers so I've been calling them that for years. I always thought spider lilies were Lycoris radiata and started from bulbs.

Blue and Bernie you are so right and I was wrong. It's like Dor said we call them spider flowers. I don't know what I was thinking when I called them spider lilies. Sorry about that.

I have some more flowers.
Asters and zinnias
Asters
Cardinal Vine
Coneflower - I finally got around planting it today.

Attachments

• Asters and zinnias 1.jpg
    Asters and zinnias 1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 265
  • Asters red 1.jpg
    Asters red 1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Cardinal vine 1.jpg
    Cardinal vine 1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Cleome 1.jpg
    Cleome 1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Coneflower wht 1.jpg
    Coneflower wht 1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 254

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back