Newbie today from Scotland

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Scotkat

Hello everyone will post some photos later.

I am just about to head off to do some gardening in our local community garden project.

We started it 2 yrs ago from a blank canvas of weeds its now a a garden .

But in need of volunteers its so hard to get folks to help.

Better than a gym anyday a free outdoor workout.:)

Welcome to the place scotkat...look forward to pictures of your garden...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you here. If only you were close enough that I could work in it. I need the exercise.

Thankyou for the warm welcome all .

Yes Lynn you would enjoy our communmity garden .

We did get one new person today she can only help as and when time allows and thats what it is about.

She helped me plant out our lavender hedge with lavenders I have propagated.

welcome Scotkat........your community garden sounds wonderful.....Im surprised you dont see more people get involved........Ive done some propagation myself, but never lavenders.......send pics when you get time.....I would love a lavender hedge.....

Welcome aboard - I'm sure you'll find this place very comfy as well! Welcome once again!! :p

We enjoy everybody but we never know what time zone anyone is in. Wombat is in Australia. Prowl is in England. I'm sitting here on the East Coast of North America. Sandi is in Ohio. JUST enjoy!

Attachments

• mtsumlsh.gif
    mtsumlsh.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 271
  • !cid_004f01c61f79$96aafd10$6401a8c0@DFRFPM11.gif
    !cid_004f01c61f79$96aafd10$6401a8c0@DFRFPM11.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 252
  • _welcome.jpg
    _welcome.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 270
  • welcomegate.jpg
    welcomegate.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 245
Its 1.45pm in Scotland and a lovely sunny afternoon .

I am just going away to plant rest of tulip bulbs in my greenhouse.

My wife and I pass a lavender farm on a mountainside each Saturday as we drive over the mountain to meet friends for breakfast.

I dont deliver tulips.

I was in my own garden greenhouse and planting the bulbs in my own planters.

It is time right now to plant tulips here for spring blooms. We have some around our yard along with daffodils and narcissus.

I have never heard of lavender ice cream. I had some ice cream after my wife and I attended a play the other evening and I had a flavor called 'New York Cheesecake'. It was quite tasty.

Oh, come on ScotKat ~ YOU can deliver tulips ~ to your neighbors! When does lavendar bloom? We were in Maine one time when the lupines were blooming. Gorgeous. :) I have tried so many times to grow lupines and cannot get them to grow ~ oh well :) Curbie

You talk about you guys on the east coast but forget about all of us down south don't you. Yeah we are in a different time zone from you also curbie. The thing I want to know is if Scotkat is in the same time zone as London.

Yes Lyn Scotland is in UK like London so time is the same .

Would cost me a lot of money to fly to London and many hrs for a long drive .

We changed our clocks last weekend its now 7.26am and its raining heavy .

Ah well got my knitting and crochet group in our local wool shop this afternoon.

Now I have a perfectly honest question ~ other than the farmers ~ WHY do we change our clocks? I have yet to figure this out. It really doesn't seem to matter to me if we're on daylight savings time or whatever the other one is..... MTM said yesterday,"NOW YOU KNOW, we have to FALL back." The first thing that came to mind was,"Well, I fall down the steps all the time so falling is not an issue for me. I can fall backwards or forwards!" Hope your weather improves Scotkat. Tell us more about this wool shop! Can't WAIT to hear! :) Curbie

We change our clocks back this weekend!
It's the end of daylight savings time!
Changing gives us an extra hour in the evening, though we lose an hour in the morning!

Statistically more accidents happen when we fall ahead in the Fall and then again in the spring when we lose an hour!
So, that means you will have to be extra careful CURBIE!!!

Winter is not that far off!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back