The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

And what is your excuse, young lady? Course you can tell me to mind my own business. LOL I had a pretty good day today. I cook dinner for the family on Fridays and this was the day. I got a chance to work outside a few hours too and finished up the last details on the chicken pen. When it gets dry enough though, I want to get some paint on the new and the old wood.

I don't have an excuse either Randy lol. I didn't realise it'd been so long since I checked in here:rolleyes:...so much to read!
Young Deb a belated congratulations on your new job, well done kiddo!
Peggy, the other furry friends I had here were brushtail and ringtail possums a sugar glider that was miles from home and some fruit bats. My winter flowers are stocks, sweetpeas, cinerarias, calendulas, Iceland poppies, primulas and torenias.
There's still no sign of autumn proper here yet, but the humidity has dropped a little thank goodness! I actually had to put a cotton blanket on the bed as the min temp was only 66F:eek: All of the floodwater has receded and hopefully we'll only get light rainfall through the remainder of autumn although as we get closer to winter, we'll get no rain at all for about 3 months. Good to see everyone's doing well and looking forward to spring.....I've been taking cuttings off a few of my shrubs in case we get a frost later during winter as it tends to kill a few of my tender tropicals. Have a great week folks and stay warm and well...till next time!:)

shewwww!
I'll have to try to read this in a few minits....
Nope Randy I dont mind at all....lol
I've had the GRANDson this week and then I had to work today :(
I've gotta get out and get some things done in the yard tomarrow...Plant some lily of the valley as well as my star gazers....they are starting to grow in the bad...I forgot to put them in a cool place so now I gotta do something with them.....

John! you have no excuse! ;) :p

Belated Congrats Deb!!!!!!!!!!!
told ya things would be ok....take alot to keep a good woman down!

Last edited:
I had a good day in the garden today. It was still pretty chilly, but I got everything out and cleared for tilling. There are 22 steel posts that I have to remove each year besides steel stakes on the end of each row, tomato cages, and the wires that I use to support the pole beans. It took me 6 hours and I am beat.

It's still pretty chilly here in my part of the world. This morning on our back deck was as low as 30. Spring is here, so am ready to see warm temps.

It is 61 and partly cloudy. It supposed to get into the high 70's today. It was really nice and sunny yesterday but quite windy.

Deb
Sure hope you are having a great time with the cabin girls this weekend and you are not off playing with the snakes by yourself...LOL I've been playing in the mud, trying to drain some of the water off my road, will go out later today once it warms up and play somemore, i want to do some raking too but can't get to the shed to get my rake out, too much soft snow and will sink to my waist or higher as it's where all the snow got plowed up that i have to crawl over and it's too soft, should of gotten the rakes out earlier and put them in the cellar

Good Morning Folks;)
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend...
We attended several birthday parties for grand daughter and my lil brother..
We had a scare Thursday...nephew had a heart attack...age 41..
He is home now and resting.
John thanks for the names of flowers and critters...love to see what you have in your neck of the woods... I always want to look up what you are growing in case there is something I want to grow that I can find seed for..
Shine my friend I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that you gals had a wonderful weekend.... I wish I could have been there...no doubt you all had gobs of fun and laughter... Tell the girls howdy for me...
Glad your floodwaters have receded...hope you don't lose any tender tropicals from the frost....ya sure have some pretty ones.
Hey Ms Rhonda......good to see ya gal.
Randy its good that ya got the getty up go to still do all the work..
I removed all the steel stakes and wire from around my veggie garden this year. I may regret that later on but I have it rolled up and ready to put back up if i need too.
Laurie I don't envy your snow at all...
Its 5:40 and i am waiting for daybreak so i can get out today and play in the dirt....I want to move my straw bales out to the garden...going to plant Yukon Gold taters in it...
Hope you all have a wonderful week....the best...every day and every way mine keeps getting better and better... I am so blessed...

Peggy:)

Oh, Peggy, those Yukon Golds are great. The restaurant that my wife and I go to on Saturday mornings uses those for their hashbrowns. I made two pizzas yesterday afternoon since it was pretty cold and drizzly outside and by bedtime they had disappeared. My younger granddaughter was home from college, so that made six of us in the house though, so I didn't expect any leftovers. There were about six pieces left when David got home from somewhere last evening and this morning I saw the pans were empty.

Randy for sure the Yukon Golds are good...one of cliffs favorite taters...
I see it has been mighty quiet in this lil ole neck of the woods...
Where are you all hiding...
Shine I received your email...will take time and reply back this evening...
Life is wonderful and i am beginning to get caught up on all my different projects...
Hope to see some of ya laters...take care.
Til Laters:D Keep on grinning and a smiling..
Peggy;)

Has been quiet, hasn't it? I have been on twice a day almost every day. There are a lot of busy threads to check out. I remember a time though on GG that I just didn't have the time to check out every forum/thread so I pared back until I could stay within my time allotment. It's a self-imposed allotment, by the way. I'm a bit late this morning getting on here. After breakfast, I mixed up some dough for sourdough bread. It's rising now on the refrigerator, a nice warm spot. I could have the first round loaf in the oven before noon. I'm playing with a recipe to achieve a desired end product. The goal is not only to make a delicious bread, but to be able to make those bread bowls so I can serve the family soup/stew/chili in them.

Top of the day to you Randy. I have my sister and her husband visiting from Albuquerque, so I haven't been on much this week. Hope everyone is having a great week. We are getting rain today and tomorrow. Rain we didn't need in my opinion.

I've been busy and tired so havent been on much lately. Night sweats are coming back and keeping me up at night. Work is very stressful right now. Lots of changes going on. I've been offered a new position and as far as I know it's a promotion and could get a 7%increase in pay. Waiting to hear back on the pay. I have 30 days to decide if I want to stay in the job or go back to the job I'm doing now. Was suppose to start it on Mon but it's month and qtr end so waiting until the following Mon to start. Told the new boss if it's a 7% raise, that i wanted to start now on the new job for good, don't need the 30 day trial period. I know I'll like it as it's doing alot of research and verifying quanties, etc. I've helped them before. I will still be working for the same mgr that I have now, just in a different dept. with a different supervisor. Will sit at the same desk. Annual review is in June too so hopefully more $ in my pocket. Please pray that it goes well and it is a 7% raise.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Shiney hope you had an awesome weekend.
John sorry to hear that you need blankets on the bed when it's in the 60's, sure wished i had that probem, still got darn snow on the ground but it's melting slowly
Peggy, we'll have to set some time so we can chat on the phone.
Rhonda Was it you that I sent a mess of plants to, if it was you how are they doing. It was a few yrs back on GG. I can't remember.
Randy, hope you, MF and the Sanders gang are doing well. The girls will be coming home soon for the summer. The house will be lively again with all their friends there. I'm sure Alec misses them alot too.
Dale, hope you are enjoying your company.
Sorry if I missed anyone. Tired and hungry...lol Took some haddock out of the freezer this am but still frozen so having some leftover beans and a hotdog. I've been eating real bad this week. Donuts, french fries,burgers. Had my blood drawn to get retested last Thurs and went on a binge. Go to the drs tomorrow @4 to get the results. Hopefully the cholesterol levels are way down. Got to get back to eating good again too.

Last March, we had a very heavy snow month in the mounbtains and I saw on the news last night that we have even exceeded last years snowfall. We have had colder than normal temperatures this winter also.

Mya has been here this week on spring vacation, but Ari has been up in Seattle. We had two of the friends here last evening for dinner.

I managed to play for awhile in the greenhouse this afternoon. My neighbor gave me a single lamp flourescent fixture that didn't work. I bought a new ballast and put it in and I can hang that up over the benches for light a couple more flats.

Just want to take a moment to say "Good MOrning Bluegrassers"
Randy the bowls are really great.. I love them tho I don't eat bread anymore except whole wheat on occasion... It has certainly helped with my weight....leaving the bread and white stuff alone..

Laurie will keep you in thought, prayer and mind for your promotion...I will send good energy your way...Just remember one thing....'as a man thinketh he is'... In your minds eye put yourself in the position and claim it, feel it, believe it is your with all you heart. I am home most all the time Laurie and the time is your call....i am available at any time... I thought about calling you last night and thought it may be too late...if i remember i will try this evening. I am proud of you and for you.

Hey Dale...i started some seed you sent me yesterday...I assume it was you I received them from...

Hope you all enjoy you visits from family...I always love it when mine come in... The flip side of this is I am always ready for them to go home also...may sound selfish but I love my solitude and space.

I went out with lil bro for breakfast this morning and then we went to an Amish store then stoped by the Mexican store to get a few things...I want to make tamales this weekend...and i needed to get a few things to make different stir fries... Tonight i am doing sweet and sour pork, egg rolls, brown rice. I just had to get oriental cabbage, hot mustard to mix with the sweet and sour sauce i make for my egg roll... I stopped by the store to get a bottle of wine to serve with supper and then got cliff a movie for us to watch...

My daffies are in full bloom, tulips are budding, hyacinth are beautiful and smelling great. I want to cut flowers today to put on the table... All of my gernamiums here in the house are in bloom, as well as jasmine in the sunroom... Smells so great and the smell filters throughout the house..
I am loving spring...

This is about the only thread i frequent on gardening right now...not enough time.. I am still studing the online course on the mind...I love it and am very excited with each new lesson... Now if i can keep it all straight... Lots of info and overwhelming at times... It helps in every area of my life...
It absolutely is awesome. If anyone is intersted email me...there are many free lessons that you can get...

Have a good day everyone...

Shine I didn't have the oppertunity to reply to email last evening but will as soon as i finish this post... Love ya gal and once again I am so proud of you and for you.

Peggy

Oh my...this new schedule is making life difficult right now. I know I will just have to settle in and relax...but that isn't happening yet! I get home 2 hours or more later at night so I am really disoriented. And I have no break in the action all day...half hour lunch , never at the same time and constant patients. I am not complaining, I'm just really overwhelmed. It's getting better every day and I haven't even considered NOT going back:) My Physical Therapy Dept. saw over 3000 patients so far in March...you cannot believe how rapid fire it is there.

Cabin trip was a success. A little chilly but no rain or snakes! Lots of buzzards! Already looking forward to the next one.

Laurie...you go girl!!! So happy about new position. Change is in the air for you now, too. When I settle down, we'll talk.

Peggy...we'll talk, too. I surely haven't forgotten you.

The rest of you (my brain is wearing out:p) you are a network of friends I really miss when I'm away. I shall return!

We are having a baby shower for Brittney today. Cohen is due a little earlier than they thought. She has been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Hope it goes away after birth. And that she doesn't require a C-section. But God will take good care of us. He always does.

Enjoy this day.

Shiney
I figured you wasn't around cause of the new job. Glad you still like it
going to a seminar today at the local nursery about making rooms in your landscape. thought it wouild be interesting
got some awesome news on my cholesterol
bad went from 197 in dec to 67 now
total went from 259 in dec to 122
the dr was so impressed with me, she siad the lipitor didn't reduce it that much as i'm only on 10mg,it was cause i changed my eating habits, been on a binge since i had the blood drawn but got to get back to the good eating habits.
well got to get ready to go to the seminar
hope everyone has an awesome weekend, suppose to be in tehe 50s today so will do someraking when i get back before the rain comes in tomorrow

Oh my...this new schedule is making life difficult right now. I know I will just have to settle in and relax...but that isn't happening yet! I get home 2 hours or more later at night so I am really disoriented. And I have no break in the action all day...half hour lunch , never at the same time and constant patients. I am not complaining, I'm just really overwhelmed. It's getting better every day and I haven't even considered NOT going back:) My Physical Therapy Dept. saw over 3000 patients so far in March...you cannot believe how rapid fire it is there.

Cabin trip was a success. A little chilly but no rain or snakes! Lots of buzzards! Already looking forward to the next one.

Laurie...you go girl!!! So happy about new position. Change is in the air for you now, too. When I settle down, we'll talk.

Peggy...we'll talk, too. I surely haven't forgotten you.

The rest of you (my brain is wearing out:p) you are a network of friends I really miss when I'm away. I shall return!

We are having a baby shower for Brittney today. Cohen is due a little earlier than they thought. She has been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Hope it goes away after birth. And that she doesn't require a C-section. But God will take good care of us. He always does.

Enjoy this day.

Shiney girl I know you haven't forgotten me;):p:D:)
Peg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back