The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Nothing like going fishing and coming home clean the fish and fry the fish right then. The only other thing is better than that is to take a fish cooker and cook the fish right there at the lake, river or pond.

I did that a long time ago when I went diving up in Puget Sound. The place I went to was loaded with oysters and I was able to find all I wanted by scuba diving. I brought them up on the beach and cooked them on a camp stove right there on the beach. I really like fried oysters when they are fresh and you can't get them any fresher than that. I always wondered why people would eat oysters on the half-shell (raw) so I tried one. I prefer them fried.

Hi everybody. Sorry I've been a stranger, just not enuff hours in the day. Still waiting (not so patiently) for my grandson to be born...any day now. My father had an angiogram yesterday to check his brain aneurysm and all is perfectly healed. He is already acting like the weight of the world has been lifted off him. Praise God.

My Ramona clematis is blooming. So beautiful.

Nat..I think you're very brave to travel abroad.

Peggy...I'm so busy.But it's healthy for me right now. I pulled up a pic of the slip and slide a minute ago and just plain cracked up. CabinGirls were at the house Saturday and Grippo BBQ chips were super hot...remember choking? I'll never forget our time with you.

Everyone smile for me.

I love to fish
I do not like fish
So it is catch and release or
give them to DH to clean and eat

Deb that was a wonderful update on your Dad. Keep us posted about the birth of the grandchild. Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for caring, Dale. My dad is so special. I was just not ready to watch him decline from the worry and dread of that thing in his head.

I seem much more connected to this baby...perhaps because his momma has attached herself to me. She wants me next to her at the birth, so it seems more urgent that I stay toe to toe with her movements up to that time. My granddaughter will be 1 next week and I am crazy about her, but her momma is so organized, so in charge...I am not in such demand. All things different...all things good.

Hey Shine and everyone...have had extremly full week.
Shine so glad dad is ok...happy and excited for you on your new arrival...know that feeling well.
I think i am free tomorrow as far as i know ...will catch up and post more...
Peggy

I am looking forward to a more relaxed week.....
Lil sis had emergency colon surgery...her life was hanging in the wind...
still in hospital but doing better and better..
Had daughter in hospital...she wrecked her motorcycle Tuesday on the way home from work...she is sure bugered up...
I had two grand daughters that needed Nanas' help to get ready for prom and running too and fro... On top of all this I am down in my lower back again...lifting stuff i shouldn't have Saturday a week ago while trying to make room for china cabinet, dining table and buffet that orginally belonged to my mom...
I went fishing a few afternoons this past week with my nephew...caught bass, catfish and bluegill...all nice ones... In the summer time i keep my rod & reel in the back of my truck. I got minnows out of the creek to fish for bass and dug earth worms out of my compost pile to catch catfish and bluegill.
Dale I have many great memories of having fish fries on the river bank at our camp site where we ran trot lines each year and i still fish there on occasion.

I did finally get my garden planted and asparagus are up...onions are coming up and the broccli is looking great..

Shine let us know when your bundle of joy makes the grand entrance...birth is a precious miracle...I have been there with nearly all my grandchildrens birth.
I know you are doing what you need to do ...just know that you always have a smile from me in your corner and many blessings... Tell all the Cabin girls Howdy from me... I think of you all often.

I am taking film to drug store today to get developed...will share some pics soon...
Hope you all have a wonderful week.... Keep smiling..
Peggy

Last edited:
Prettylady, glad your sister is doing well. A colon operation is serious.

That sounds like a lot of fun, PL, but you still need to be careful with the heavy stuff. I was doing some of that last week, but I did use some stuff that made it pretty easy. I gathered the come-along, pulleys, slings, chains, and all that and pulled some telephone poles around and cut them up. We have had three of them lying on the ground out by the berry patch ever since we bought the place. They are now sawdust and ashes.

Hey everyone!
10 hour days are kickin' this chick's butt....but I love it!
Jane's first birthday was awesome...she has such a precious personality. She's also crazy like me!! Here's Jane and Nolan.
They are inducing labor on Britt Thursday at 11....I will let you know the vital statistics soon as I meet Cohen Andrew.

Attachments

• sibs.jpg
    sibs.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 259
Aweeee! That is so sweet Deb....Thanks bunches for sharing ;) :D... Cohen Andrew, Jane and Nolan are so blessed to have you as their grandma...
I have a new great nephew born yesterday....Colin Lee....7 lb..14 oz..

I made my first jam of the season yesterday...Strawberrys fresh out of the garden.. Yummy.... The blackberries are in bloom the last couple of days...

Peggy

I see a few blooms out there in the berry patch. I don't expect too many berries this year though with all the messin' around I'm doing out there. But next year should be a dandy. I got the posthole digger put on the back of the tractor, so I'm ready for those holes. I need to get the vegetable garden done first.

Quick quick quick comment...
no pic...after 12 hrs of labor they took him Caesearean
Cohen Andrew born 12:10 am May 22, 2009
8lbs. 4 oz.
20.5 in.

I like him.

I haven't been to sleep yet since yesterday and work is no fun in this coma...

Congratulations!!!!! Get some rest then get us a photo posted. Inquiring minds want to see!!

Congratulations on the new member of your family. Post a picture after you get some rest.

Quick quick quick comment...
no pic...after 12 hrs of labor they took him Caesearean
Cohen Andrew born 12:10 am May 22, 2009
8lbs. 4 oz.
20.5 in.

I like him.

I haven't been to sleep yet since yesterday and work is no fun in this coma...

Congrats Deb. Can't wait to see some pics.Get some sleep girl!! That's an order or you'll be sick and you won't be able to spend time with Cohen.
Today was my 12th day of working with no day off. Had 119.75 hrs in 2 weeks. I couldn't wait for 3:30 to come today. Came home and weeded the veggie garden as I didn't use much of it last yr so lots of weeds. Tilled 3/4 of it, had to stop as I was exhausted and my arms and back was bothering me. Watered some plants and called it quits. Came inside, heated up some left over spaghetti., and here I am for a few, will be heading to bed soon. Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. Hugs to all

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back