The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I was pleasantly thinking, on my way home from PetSmart, that I could be a GPS voice. My goodness was I laughing ~YOU GOOFED banana brain and NOW you're lost AGAIN :) Do you know how to use this? Were you paying attention when I said, "Make a left turn." You idiot, you turned into a parking lot. WHERE were you GOING??? oh rats now you're going in circles again b/c you got on the Beltway......sir, what am I going to do with you. Find your own way HOME! and pick up dinner. have a nice day :) I could SO DO THIS! MTM would be SO HAPPY I got a JOB! Gosh I have the giggles ~BUY A MAP, turn off your cell phone, and turn down the radio if you're supposed to be listening to ME! I could SO do this ~ Curbie

We've had a sad thing happen in our 'hood' today. I was at PetSmart so I did not see or hear abuot any of this until I came home to our road being closed. Water rushing everywhere. I never ask anyone anything. I had a backyard neighbor call me from her physical therapy to say,"You need to help me." ok but i know our road is closed but i can help She asked me to make phone calls b/c what has caused this water is ~ a gentle man had a heart attack while driving and hit a fire hydrant. He died instantly. It is not the person some folks thought it was ~ I don't know who it was but.....I am making phone calls. "HI! I wasn't here and I don't know what's been going on but I was asked to call you b/c it wasn't who you thought it was." Whatever is going on ~ low pressure system, etc. ~ I'd prefer it stop. Let us recouperate, listen to Irish music, settle down ~Curbie

I was pleasantly thinking, on my way home from PetSmart, that I could be a GPS voice. My goodness was I laughing ~YOU GOOFED banana brain and NOW you're lost AGAIN :) Do you know how to use this? Were you paying attention when I said, "Make a left turn." You idiot, you turned into a parking lot. WHERE were you GOING??? oh rats now you're going in circles again b/c you got on the Beltway......sir, what am I going to do with you. Find your own way HOME! and pick up dinner. have a nice day :) I could SO DO THIS! MTM would be SO HAPPY I got a JOB! Gosh I have the giggles ~BUY A MAP, turn off your cell phone, and turn down the radio if you're supposed to be listening to ME! I could SO do this ~ Curbie

I'd never get anywheres I'd be laughing to hard to drive and get pulled over
and get a ticket for reckless driving..
"But officer *snerk* you see it's not my fault *tee hee* I got this GPS thingy dingy doo *snort* and the voice on it is so funny...HAHAHA I got tears in my eyes....roar..and I didn't see the light changing red.....:eek:
no one would ever believe me :rolleyes:

*sorry about the dead dude in your "hood"*:(

ok.....so GPS may not be my calling.....it's a thought though ~ You were a fool when you GOT in the car and now look how much more foolish you're acting. Go BACK to where you began and TRY AGAIN! Are your shoes tied? I could SO do this ~ :) CUrbie

I told my daughter my idea for GPS. She said,"mom...take a deep breath b/c you really can't do it b/c YOU don't know how to get to much other than the grocery store." Then she said,"I could help you with it ~ it certainly would confuse the people who are already confused. MOM ~ WE could make this WORK!" I do love my daughter. GonePastSite will be our name. Curbie

When I had the opportunity to meet Jules and her husband last year, MTM was driving. Her hubby was up front. Jules said,"I have my GPS with me so we can find how to get there." She showed me how she works it and then we got busy talking in the back seat and this daggone thing kept saying,"YOU are going the wrong way. Re-computing." I truly never know how to get anywhere so GPS is useless for me.....great.."you are lost" Geez, thanks for telling me! ! ! Nothing like a vote of confidence from a machine....should I sit still until you're DONE COMPUTING???? we have AAA...should I call them? So far we know exactly where we AREN'T<<<<< are you paying attention?? I paid for you and look where you got me ~ NOWHERE! roar.... Curbie

We got my mother one for Christmas this year. She'll be eighty soon, and still takes off with her Traveling Girls for road trips. We felt like it was a safety precaution as much as anything. She loves it! She knows how to program in where she wants to go, and she loves that it tells her the street names, but mostly she loves being the "techy" one in front of her friends.

I have always been the navigator , I was the plotter when we were fishing and it was my job to get us in and out of port and unlost in fog banks! Curbie your voice and direction would have been a wecolme sound to the frantic beeping of a bottom machine telling me I made a mistake in course! LOL! At least I would have someone who was laughing with me not screaming at me !

I am telling you ~ GPS would be my calling: "Foggy with a chance of stupidity. Pick a fog, either fog. All of the above is NOT an option so.......please choose. You're going to hit something either way. I am simply the machine. RESCUE ME cause I cannot SEE, RESCUE ME cause I don't wanna be ~ in this fog...fog....fog...any more." Singing is what it's about. NO GPS SINGS. See...I'd make a darn good GPS person. Wolfie and I can sing Oscar Myer weiner. We could make getting lost the happiest time of your day."SHOW me the way to go home...bum,bum,bum bum...I'm tired and I wanna go to bed." (Jaws) ~ Curbie

Hey I really have something very kindhearted to say. This has happened to me twice in 2 days and I really and truly do thank the people who did this for me. I received a St Patrick's Day card yesterday from someone. Then today I received this card from someone on here that , in part,says,"I will be handling all your problems today." I will keep both forever. Folks can keep pickles or pass along but I will tell you, this is quite a special place. Thank you, Bob ~ Curbie

We have joked about the GPS lady too and thought it would be hysterical for a bit on TV or something to have the GPS lady go through some of the scenarios like you mention. Our GPS gal does pretty well, but she doesn't understand flooded roads very well. And when I made a turn for the detour she was insistent that I do a U-turn and head back to that road. She finally gave up and recalculated.

I am telling you ~ GPS would be my calling: "Foggy with a chance of stupidity. Pick a fog, either fog. All of the above is NOT an option so.......please choose. You're going to hit something either way. I am simply the machine. RESCUE ME cause I cannot SEE, RESCUE ME cause I don't wanna be ~ in this fog...fog....fog...any more." Singing is what it's about. NO GPS SINGS. See...I'd make a darn good GPS person. Wolfie and I can sing Oscar Myer weiner. We could make getting lost the happiest time of your day."SHOW me the way to go home...bum,bum,bum bum...I'm tired and I wanna go to bed." (Jaws) ~ Curbie

LOL! You have me laughing already today. It must gonna be a good day!:D
(poor grammar I know just jokin')

Is it always a girl's voice b/c I'd LOVE to have Barry White talking to me ~ Curbie
Barry says
"Hey Baby, you just made a worng turn, I'll get you all fixed up, just listen to my voice, slow and easy. That's right, smooth as silk turns baby. You'll never find , directions as good as mine"
I just happen to love Barry White LOL!

Hey I really have something very kindhearted to say. This has happened to me twice in 2 days and I really and truly do thank the people who did this for me. I received a St Patrick's Day card yesterday from someone. Then today I received this card from someone on here that , in part,says,"I will be handling all your problems today." I will keep both forever. Folks can keep pickles or pass along but I will tell you, this is quite a special place. Thank you, Bob ~ Curbie

We love you Curbie!!

Barry says
"Hey Baby, you just made a worng turn, I'll get you all fixed up, just listen to my voice, slow and easy. That's right, smooth as silk turns baby. You'll never find , directions as good as mine"
I just happen to love Barry White LOL!
SEE WE can DO this! ooooo, baby.....why didn't you walk, baby? it would've saved you a lot of time, baby... Get a little Celtic music in. So....you can have whatever music you'd like. Derek Trucks Band. Hard Rock, Norah Jones. Celine Dion. Rolling Stones. When am I getting kicked off of here ? :) ~ Curbie

You know, Curbie, you ought to do one of those vignettes like you see on MySpace (I think that's the place) and do one of your GPS scenarios. You would be the hit of the country.

Thamks for the compliment, Randy. I don't have anyone else's 'space' nor a Facebook thing. I don't know how to do any of that stuff. I'm also camera shy :) I'm really a very quiet person on the outside most of the time but when something starts me giggling, I cannot stop giggling. SO many people seem to not 'see' the humor in things ~ I see it just about everything. My little mini-cam runs a lot on the bottom of my personal TV screen in my head. I laugh at myself, (me driving...) the cats, the dog,people in the grocery store (men in a grocery store are hysterical), the government. There is a side of my (step) family that are rather stuffy, well off. I always look like a fool but I cannot help myself, laughing at them. They took a family picture, all 16 of them and they ALL wore pink, including the guys. My daughter said,"They look like a Pepto Bismol commercial!" Singing and laughing entertain me ~ hm, a video.....hm........:) ~ Curbiez

My sister was divorced with 3 kids and I was divorced with 1 kid and if we couldn't laugh, we would all have gone insane.My nephew had the most contagious laugh. "Goodnight 'light'....goodnight 'bulb' good night 'rain'....good night 'bulb' THOSE don't go together! PICK SOMETHING ELSE! 'drop? stop, drop, and roll.' We must have dropped you on your head.....The 6 of us would stay up most of the night being goofy. "Mom, can we have popcorn?" No popcorn after midnight. We'd make popcorn. 6 of us sleeping on the living room floor, eating popcorn. Popcorn fights? DON'T DO it....Hm...... :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back