The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Actually, the GPS requires a voice, but not a person for it. The person in the video would be the driver and possibly an added passenger. Can't you just imagine a three-way converstion with a husband who won't aske directions, a wife nagging at him for not listening to GPS, and a GPS trying to give directions and maintain peace in the family? The possibilities are limitless. I get on Facebook, but don't do any of the game things. I have also heard that it's very eassy to pick up a computer virus there.

Now see...nagging is the best thing women usually do. "Can we change the radio channel b/c ... oh, I meant the GPS but someone is STILL nagging me ~ WHO IS THIS. My gosh, I thought it was YOU, honey. WHERE AM I ? ? ? oh rats, it's the GPS person. Did she call me or did I call her?.......sit down and please be quiet~ I can't speak with you if you're being rowdy. TELL those kids.... Would you like this in Spanish, English, Italian, Portuegese, Korean, Swedish. WHERE AM I????? I'm telling you but you did not listen ~ Goodbye and have a nice day............ I have the giggles. ~ Curbie

They come pretty easy, don't they? But that's what makes it fun to come here at the beginning and the end of the day.

Barry says
"Hey Baby, you just made a worng turn, I'll get you all fixed up, just listen to my voice, slow and easy. That's right, smooth as silk turns baby. You'll never find , directions as good as mine"
I just happen to love Barry White LOL!

The really scary thing about this????

I could hear his voice when I was reading this!!!! :eek:

Barry White and James Earl Jones have SUCH distinct voices. Yes, Randy, my giggles come quite easy b/c I'm usually laughing at myself ~ Curbiez :)

Barry White and James Earl Jones have SUCH distinct voices. Yes, Randy, my giggles come quite easy b/c I'm usually laughing at myself ~ Curbiez :)

HA HA HA GPS directions from Darth Vader!!!!

"Turn left young jedi"

"you missed your turn my young apprentice"

Gosh, nothing like a morning giggle! We don't watch many movies but TopGun and Shrek are two of my most favorites. "Onions have layers and obviously SO DO YOU!" Darth Vader would be great. Michael Jackson="Have you seen your childhood b/c you're right there, where you were...." Why don't we do this? I don't have GPS so someone else has to steer <<<< us 'properly'. Geez, maybe I shouldn't have said that ~ Curbie :)

My favorite teenage boy came over today and stayed for about an hour. He is nice as can be. "Miss Carol, I don't know WHAT'S wrong with some of my friends!" Heck ,we haven't figured out what's wrong with YOU :) "Why do people do stupid things? They DON'T say 'please or thank you'. YOU taught me you don't eat here unless you SAY those things!" I do cook for he and his stepbrother sometimes. Their Mom is a single Mom and trying to make ends meet ~ lovely lady. He said that one of the neighborhood kids asked him why he comes over here: "to chill". It's quite an honor. His birthday is Thursday and he asked what I would get him for his birthday ~ nothing :) . "MISS CAROL, you gave me that LAST year!" pretty consistent. I SO want this boy to succeed but it is a struggle. I will help him as much as I can. I really doubt he will graduate but he is mechanically inclined. ~ Curbie

With this teenager ~ he needs nothing other than a warm place to hang out and a bit of friendship. He does not use the computer b/c the don't have one. Since he can't really read, I've asked him to sit and try to read a book. In our home, he picked up "The Night the Bear ate Goombaw." Who is the author? He said,"He's Irish, like Mr. Mike." We did a math lesson when he said,"you ARE shrinking!" He had to measure to the pencil mark. He is so cooperative. Chris said, "I thought of you the other day at the school b/c they shoved some kid into a locker. YOU would fit! b/c I measured YOU!" I cannot tell you how many times I have been in a locker b/c....... I AM the right size.He may not believe he can work miracles, but I do. Look at little Shane. TLC ~ :) Curbs

I was told about a good book that this friend read to his son. The book was called "The Tracker" by a fellow named Tom Brown. He used a ghost writer though. Each chapter is a story withing the story and I read that book to my grandchildren and also to my mother who had become blind at that time. The story is about Tom Brown and his friend and how they are taught by the friend's grandfather, Stalking Wolf. They learn so much of nature and how to co-exist with it. The grandfather was visiting from the couthwest part of the United States and the story unfolds in what are called the 'pine barrens' of New Jersey. If your young man can get started in the book, he will have trouble putting it down and he will learn some good philosophy along the way.

Thanks, Randy. The boys were just here. I have ordered the book for him. Now how silly is this: a BMW takes on a dump truck (I'm watching the news.) NOW WHY would you (in the BMW) take on a dump truck ????? I've also been listening about the mail not being delivered on Saturday ~ MTM would still have to go to work b/c of express mail. And it really impacts what a Monday looks like b/c our HUGE facility sorts mail 24/7 EVERY day. He already doesn't like Mondays.....maybe he can 'not like' Tuesday's too. ~ Curbie ~ :)

If you can, Miss Curbie, read the book before you give it to him. There is a sequel to that book I will tell you about depending on what happens with this first book. I think I read both books at least three times.

Thanks for the advice Randy. There is a book which I adore ~ The Fledgling. I read it aloud to my third graders and one of the kids said,"I<<<< want to be the PRINCE GOOSE!" Someone else said," I'd like to be the marble." Someone else said,"I want to be that statue." I definitely will read it ~ he may never get it :) Today is his birthday. Today is MTM's day off so we will not be home (taxes) when my little friend comes over ~ it's also his grandfathers birthday.....Walter our former garbage man. One time, Walter let me play Happy Birthday on the horn of the garbage truck. Walter is now 82 .He is ALWAYS in trouble. This family is magnificently fouled up~ nobody knows where anyone is living. I have cupcakes for both of them. Walter's wife has kicked him out SO many times. And now....his grandson is a 'project' of mine. Everybody needs a friend :) ~ Curbie

You got that right. 60 and 70 years ago we didn't have to worry about just one mother. We had to worry about every one of them. And there wasn't one of them that worried about whether it was okay to give one of us a smack if we needed it.

I ma very fortunate that Chris responds to a sense of humor. He said the other day,"Dialo doesn't understand why I come here. I can just laugh. Why doesn't Dialo understand? You let me do stupid things I can't do at home." He made double decker dog biscuits for our dog the other day ~ cookie,peanut butter,cookie. We truly do have the cutest 2 streets. There has been this lady who has been walking around, holding her crutch. I was out on the deck an hollered over to her,"YOU'RE DOING GREAT!" The other day when I yelled that to her, she said, "I live on the other street. I am Myra." She seriously lives a block away. Today, she didn't have her crutch. When I yelled towards her,"WAY TO GO!" she replied,"We are lucky to be neighbors. thank you." It is amazing to me how easy it is to befriend someone. ~ Curbie :)

We have good neighbors too. Each of these properties are about 5 or 6 acres though, so we aren't reall close to each other.

I do believe that good neighbors create good neighbors. Anyone is the sum ,of their environment. I'm done :) I have to go ice brownies. ~ Curbie

Good morning :) I have ordered something from this fellow (and I have ordered in the past). I emailed him to say,"I DIDN'T PAY for these b/c I didn't see how.......duh" He emailed back saying," i only survive this business from donations..." I think he is truly An American Hero ~ http://dearamericanhero.com/ I use these cards all the time. He must be one fine person ~ :) Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back