The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

You have a heart of gold. I hope folks remind you of that. I just saw our Jack ~ he yelled to me on the deck. It's amazing what a happy voice and smile can accomplish. My Mom used ro say"It's not what you say ~ it's HOW you say it!" oh I truly thought my Mom was nuts ~ HOW do I SAY it differently?. I practiced. That was the best advice she ever gave me. From time to time, MTM says,"Oh no...here she comes..I can tell." Mike never met my Mom and I never met his Dad. We have one parent left ~ my Dad at 93. ~ Curbie :)

It is kind of hard to get mad at someone who is smiling at you as long as the smile is genuine. You can tell.

and of course, what do i do? giggle ~ A genuine smile. I feel like the more people laugh and enjoy, the better off they may be. This is why I SHOULD have gone to clown school. If you put a red nose on your own nose, you can't help but laugh. Put a tennis ball on your nose ~ my goodness you'll look stupid but you WILL laugh. 'They' expect dogs to catch a dog biscuit from on their nose ~ try it. You will laugh so hard. Popcorn ~ "NO, you have to do it right ~ I'll throw it at you and you throw it at me and the dog will eat it all." Laughing is far underestimated. Buy a balloon for no reason. :)

I used to love blowing bubbles at children from the top level at the mall. I almost got arrested but the kids (and grown up kids) loved it. Bubbles are like smiles that drift from above!

LB ~ I adore what you said. Some go up , and some go down ~ must be that circle of life :) I'm always pushing the 'edge'. I took a photograph in the Cayman Island Airport. My sister-in-law said,"YOU'RE getting arrested." I took a picture of her coming out of the ladies room and there was a big old sign saying,"NO PHOTOTGRAPHS!" oh ~ now look, sir...I just got here and have reservations at the_____, and I'm with my 3 sister-in-laws so can I buy you lunch.?I can teach you how to delete a photo on a digital camera ~ it's really simple. "Bubbles are like smiles that drift from above!" :) :) :) ~ Curbie

I guess I'm a straggler pickerupper/as well as a stragglie!!!

I do both adopt peoples and get adopted by other peoples. I just have a magnetic personality I guess;)

and I'm only 41 can't imagine how many I will have in another 20 years:p

It was brought to my attention today that I am at a point to where the ladies are holding the doors open for me.

That's why we're called ladies :) Well, the last of the Christmas tree.... is now. Eggs are on. It's sp funny ~people come by to take pictures of it. We will all miss it when it's gone. Off to Pittsburgh! Good weekend to all. Oh, our cherry blossoms popped open during the night. They're actually right behind the Christmas tree.

Attachments

• Easter Egg tree 003 (2)  EM.jpg
    Easter Egg tree 003 (2) EM.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 197
  • cherry blossoms 001 (2)  EM.jpg
    cherry blossoms 001 (2) EM.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 210
  • cherry blossoms 002 (2)  EM.jpg
    cherry blossoms 002 (2) EM.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
That reminds me of a conversation I had with a Japanese farmer years ago. It was 1980 or 1981. It was one of the best conversations I ever had on ham radio. We were using Morse code, so there was no problem with accents or anything and I was really amazed at his command of English. But we talked at length about trees and specifically the cherry trees which were blooming at that time. He lived on one of the northern islands of Japan. On any given afternoon, it was not unusual to be able to talk to the Japanese hams, but most conversations were rather short. The one I mentioned was rather lengthy and quite memorable.

Do they have ham in Japan :) Well, we stopped going to the tidal basin b/c we are fortunate enough to have them in our backyard. I used to walk by this townhouse with our dog and cat and think ~ I wish I lived there. We have now been here, for 12 years. I met the neighbor across the field and confessed: "Scott, I have been stealing your lilacs for years,in the dark ~ 4 AM." He said,"We just moved in so I'm glad." may i please come over in the daylight instead at night :) ? Yep. We now have 4 little lilac bushes. ~ Curbie

I'm sure they have ham in Japan along with just about every other kind of meat. But I am talking about amateur radio operators. Rotten Woman!

I know :) (no award?????) Here are some more pictures of our backyard right now. Enjoy ~ Curbie

Attachments

• cherry blossoms 004 (2) new EM.jpg
    cherry blossoms 004 (2) new EM.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 215
  • cherry blossoms 013 (2) new EM.jpg
    cherry blossoms 013 (2) new EM.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 240
  • new EM.jpg
    new EM.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 195
  • cherry blossoms 018 (2) new EM.jpg
    cherry blossoms 018 (2) new EM.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 207
  • cherry blossoms 015 (2) new EM.jpg
    cherry blossoms 015 (2) new EM.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 208
I was just lazy. Are those flowering cherries or do they produce fruit? I have a cherry tree that produces Bing and Lambert cherries. It had four varieties on it when I bought it, but two of the grafted limbs died.

Attachments

• Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 197
Oh, sadly, they are just ornamental. I love cherries. What's the yellow and red one~ Ranier? We had 2 sour cherry trees growing up and I can't tell you how many times I was stuck in that tree, eating cherries. Me and the birds. Well, now that I think about it it was a flock of 'birds' ~ Curbie

Royal Anne is light colored with red blush. It's a sweet cherry and I think it is the one used for making the maraschino cherries. There is a plant across the mountain in Forest Grove where they do that process.

I honestly have never thought about how they make those ~maraschino. Even the juice is great over ice cream, jelly beans, Peeps, in marinades and iced tea. You don't have to call me Martha Stewart :) ~ Curbiez

Ralph Nader was on a crusade aginst them years back because they have a red dye in them that is supposed to cause cancer. I haven't had one of them tis year yet though and I don't think I had one last year either, so I'm not going to worry much about having one or two in any given year. I don't have ice cream often, but when I do, I like to use my blueberry conserve or jam. Both work well for that.

I can see that blueberry jam on ice cream ~ think I'll have to go to the store for ice cream. Just back ~ MTM can have the juice and I'll have the jam. Wonder if we mix them? I treasure that jam so only the Queen (that's me) will use it ~ Curbie :)

I did something so nice for my 'almost homeless family 'who lives on the other street. The 2 teenage boys come over to use my computer and eat. Their Mom called me to tell them she was home. One boy left and the other one stayed to listen to music on the computer. I asked who was singing ~ Usher. He said,"MY MOM LOVES Usher." Well, I goofed with my order so I had 2. Now his Mom has one. Heartsmile for his Mom. He left here like he had a million dollars to give her. :) :) :) Didn't hurt my heart either.~ Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back