The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I try to make up songs to it~ " Me anf Fred AstairI'm RINGING in my ear, I'm ringing in my EAR" Me and Fred Astaire :) I still think I have a bug in my ear ~ Curbie :)

Hey, guess what we get to do this evening ~ I have hiccups.......... Come on now ~ guess. I'll give you a hint ♫♫♫ ~ :) Curbie ♫♫♫

You get to sing? But you do that already. As soon as I get off the computer this morning I am going to bake some cookies. "B" shift is on duty today at the fire department and they are the ones that responded to our call on Monday evening. I need to take a plate of cookies over to them today about break time (3:00 pm).

We were given tickets to go see.....Fiddler on the ROof. The gal who gave them to me yseterday said,"YOU KNOW the MUSIC?" Yes, but only 5 words to any song. This morning, As I was taking Mike to work, I saw her and another friend walking their dogs~ I rolled down the window and sang,"MatchMaker MatchMaker make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch." Ernie said to Lisa,"She knew more than 5 words to that one:)." SHE said,"she must have been doing her homework." Mike said,"SHE is going to be total embarrasment." Lisa said,"I've never heard her sing before and I always thought it was the radio." Poor MTM ~ no...it's just her. It is at our National Theater in DC. I have never been to a theater. I cannot wait. Last night, I was like a little kid, waiting for Christmas. Hope the cookies turned out good. :) ~ Curbie

Randy
So glad you are ok. I know it's hard for you but you are right, it's time for the younger ones to donate blood. Glad Fiona stopped you from hitting your head. So glad they were there. Drink your water!!! Hugs to you and MF!! HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS
Hugs to Fiona and David and the rest of the family for taking care of you

I got a phone call from my Dad's funeral home today. She said,"Be ready.You're going to cry". I had been standing there thinking,"I wonder if Clorox eats through Tupperware?" ok....i'm ready :)...I don't even know what I'm getting ready for. Then she said,"You will have to sign and he will be with you Friday or Saturday but you have to be home." ~ oh, I'm not going to be home :) Now I have to figure out where I'm going. But I have a great plan. One of the kidlettes asked me yesterday,"How do you always have a plan but it never works?" " Wasn't a good enough plan" He said,"YOU keep planning on being tall and you are getting shorter". He is 6'2" now. I CAN BE TALL if you PICK ME UP. He asked for an ice cream sandwich. When I said,"NO! b/c you THINK you're taller than me...." We got the giggles so he got his ice cream. :) ~ Curbie

Fiddler on the Roof was outstanding. One of the ushers asked me where I conducted music."well, I'm not allowed to sing in here b/c he said so....so ....my experience is from the..kitchen..." MTMailman just looked at me :) :) :) She said,"Let her sing". NO b/c she will sing Michel McDonald or Michael Jackson or Aretha Franklin ~ let's just let her conduct. Now, the plus is, I only know a few words but I sure will keep singing. When he said,"then she'll start to dance and play the spoons or the stripes on the cat." This usher said,"'MY GRANDMA can play spoons!" MTM began to shake his head. Oh, I have a question~ Since they've 'found' Noah's Ark, do you think that's where the phrase 'two peas in a pod' came from? Did they come 2 by 2 also? This is a gardening forum :) ~ Curbie

Mike said the funniest thing tonight ~ now mind you, he is beyond making sense these days. He said,"I'll carry that downstairs this morning tomorrow." Then he asked why I was staring at him......I couldn't figure out what he'd said. "YOU'RE LAUGHING at me." no, i'm thinking b/c I don't know when that is... ~ Curbie :)

Randy, my two youngest guys started giving blood this year sooooo......
Glad you are o.k. Those firemen deserve those cookies for keeping you safe for us!

Curbie, all the clean animals came by sevens, the unclean by twos. Maybe thats why I don't like peas?
Sevens ~ who were they? I thought they came 2 by 2? Who came in a 7? I have never known a clean animal so I am really confused :p I have a greater admiration for Mr. Noah ~ Curbster You should eat peas ~ they're good for you. Squish them up in something. OH, black eyed peas and bean soup with ham...See :) ....7 rhinocerus, 7 elephants, 7 seagulls, 7 rats. HOW did the Ark land on a mountain top if there were 7's :) Where did the animals go? We're speaking about peas, in a pod . This is making me giggle b/c I truly do not understand. I like this..please keep teaching me, LB..this is a learning experience. 7 frogs. Thank you, Bob, if I'm allowed to continue. We're speaking about peas, in a pod :) ~ Curbie

Last edited:
Genesis:
7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
KJV
The clean and unclean referrs to Jewish laws of Kashrut.

Oh, thanks for explaining that, LB. I ohnestly had never heard this before. I don't know about the Kashrut. What is that? ~ Curbie

It's what we know as the dietary laws or "kosher", although theres a lot more to it than that. Its in Leviticus if you want to check it out.
I'm a little bit of a foodie and think all this stuff is fascinating. I plan on checking out halal, the dietary law of Muslims of which I know nothing.

I still need to make some more cookies. I want to take a plate to the ER where I was taken and also to the nurses station on the floor where they took me after the ER. While I was at the fire station though, I started laying plans for doing another breakfast for "A" shift. That's the only shift I haven't done a breakfast for. I will derive much more pleasure this next time for cooking for them.

I need to do something for my Dad's nursing station. We've done a lot in the past, but when we go May 14,15,16- I feel we should find time to take them something. They are on the left side of the city and we will be on the right side for burial. I once ordered 72 canartions in buckets so they could take them. We've taken them Chinese food and another time pizzas. Just b/c my Dad isn't there any more, I need to show some appreciation. If we were home, I could make a platter but we're not. Suggestions?(if someone says,"Pickles"......) ~ Curbie :)

we gave all my grandmothers nurses a card with money in it and they went and bought plants and named them after my grammie
a couple of them have rhodies named doris in their yards now

we only did it for i think 5 of the close ones and we bought a big bouquet of flowers in for the others

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back