The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Good morning ~ I am in a rotten mood so say something randomly nice to someone in my honor. ....please.... ~ THE curb I didn't know I could feel this crummy but now I have the giggles b/c I can't think of one nice thing to say that doesn't include some incorrect words ~ well, THERE'S your kindness for the day ~ but then I laugh ~ IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO ME then you should plug your ears and SING :). Curbie

Two days ago I drove over to a friend's place to take him some newsletters that I had accumulated (The Tin Can Sailor). One of the articles in the most recent newsletter was about the ship on which he served (U.S.S. Renshaw, DDE 499). As I stepped from my truck, I said, "I'm from the IRS and I'm here to help you." His response was quite funny, but unprintable.

I think I may become a rapper ~ not a candy bar wrapper Chef of,"Does anybody have any bread for grilled cheese?" ~ Curbie

I realized I booked our vacation plans on the wrong days. "Well, we're coming in on and we won't have a room.......so.. since you LIKE ME :) would it be...." I have a burial and suddenly brain says "WHOOPS! maybe you should check this." I am sure my Mom is guiding me. She always used to say,"Do you know you don't know?" Like that's a big surprise..... nothing like parental guidance. ~ Curbster :)

I like to go visit Mike. We have been friends for over 30 years. He was a hippie back during the 60's and he still looks like it. But he finished his college work and got a master's degree in sculpture. He taught for awhile at the University of Portland, but he couldn't handle school politics. He can do wonders with bronze. He is younger than I am and hasn't been retired long, but he is still puttering with his art work.

I truly adore artists ~ I know quite a few, most are lefthanded. I don't know what part of your brain encourages you to be creative but if you have 'it', sure use it. Maybe it has something to do with being a free spirit. ~ As long as it makes me happy ~ Curbie

Attachments

• smudge on chair 003 (2)  EM.jpg
    smudge on chair 003 (2) EM.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2643 (2)  EM.jpg
    IMG_2643 (2) EM.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 248
  • cayman 3 256 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 3 256 (2) EM.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 268
  • cayman 3 308 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 3 308 (2) EM.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 237
  • cayman 2005 153 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 2005 153 (2) EM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 243
I haven't been online much lately, my computer is in the shop and I'm using my old one which is a pain! It needs to be re-formatted too, it freezes, stalls and sputters something terrible. I've been out to the garden this morning, I have tiny little mators on my bushes. Looking forward to canning salsa and mators this summer! My garden is looking good so far. Where is the rain??? Who's got it and when ya gonna send it my way??

YOU HAVE MATORS! Enjoy that garden. You missed our rain but we're to get severe thunderstorms but that's not going to help you. Sorry, maybe CG can send you some? ~ Curbie

My tomatoes are still in the greenhouse, but it won't be long now. The rain returns on Monday, so I will have to wait a few days after that. I also need to get my final application on the fruit trees before the rain returns. The apple trees are loaded with little apples about a quarter inch in diameter.

I just started my tomatoes this morning!
Bush Beefsteak type.
Sowed them in peat pots.
They should be up in a few days!
I won't be planting them in the garden for a couple of weeks anyway!
Better late then never!

I never got any started this yr, so will go buy some this week to plant, want to try to get the garden tilled this weekend

Rotten kid! The "t" is right next to the "y". I finished re-potting pepper plants today. I have about 180 pepper plants now. I'll be able to find a home for most of the excess though.

Hey, during our visit to Pittsburgh, Mike and I agreed on the name of the comic strip that we're all going to write together: 'NonSense' (but I also like 'Monkeyshines') WHY didn't Flower get an RW award, Mt. Tomato? ~ Curbster

I think Mt. Tomato is VERY close to Mt. Everest or the Alps but it COULD be Mt. Hood ~ gosh I have the giggles. I am SURE there is a flag flying on it.....I can't stop..I dn't know what gets into me....Mt. Rushmore?

Attachments

• contest entry (2)  EM.jpg
    contest entry (2) EM.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 241
I thought about it and she surely deserved one. But I am on the laptop again and my RW photo is on the desktop computer.

Talking about tomatos, has anyone tried growing Cherokee Purple Organic tomatos?
Wonder if there's a mountain called Mt. Cherokee Purple Organic? ;)
Curbie and Mike should do a comic strip on Mt. Pickles!!

Last edited:
I still don't know how to start a thread........oh roar....Mt Pickles is great :) Can someone start a thread ~ let's put it under 'weather' RANDY, you started this :) ~ Curbie :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back