The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

One of my favorite things to do with corn bread is to crumble it up in a glass and pour milk over it. Some people use buttermilk for that, but I don't.

Did MTM like your corn bread creation?

Randy I use to do that with Graham Crackers, sometimes when I was a kid that would be lunch

MTM LOVED it~ "what am I eating????" dessert :) He took one in his lunch today. love it :) I haven't had a Graham cracker in a long time. We used to get cinnamon Graham crackers and Mom used them for pie crusts sometimes. ~ Curbster

Curbie I think Graham crackets were a staple in many homes in the 50's and 60's . My mom use them for pie crusts to for pudding pies

I bought the graham cracker pie crusts already made and used them for cheese cakes. I think they should really be called cheese pies though. I woul make a blueberry pie filling and use as topping on the cheese cake. Pretty good stuff. It's been a couple of years though since I made one.

DH loves the corn bread & buttermilk :)

How about vanilla wafers ? Banana cream pie with vanilla wafers as a crust..that was my Dad's favorite,..yummy!
Also can use the wafers to make banana pudding..just line the edges w/vanilla wafers, add pudding & sliced banana and I always crumble extra wafers on top.
Guess no difference in pie or pudding except the shape you make it & crumbled wafers or not, huh?
Oh well...its all good :p

I love graham crackers!

I love graham crackers and vanilla wafers. I make banana pudding often. I make the old fashioned kind with evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter and a newer version with vanilla pudding, condensed milk, water and whipped cream. I sold some at the barber and beauty salons in my area before Christmas. A couple of people told me it was the best they every had.

They make rainbow vanilla wafers :) Does anybody know how to grow anything? We are going to weigh 400 pounds more when this winter is over ~ 'My doctor told me if I would un-subscribe to the GF, I'd lose 10 pounds.....a day....hour.. week?' ~ Curbie :)

Curbie the only thing we are growing this winter is FAT. So much food talk here I don't know how we could escape it.

I bought the graham cracker pie crusts already made and used them for cheese cakes. I think they should really be called cheese pies though. I woul make a blueberry pie filling and use as topping on the cheese cake. Pretty good stuff. It's been a couple of years though since I made one.

yummy, i'll be there when you make the next one..... yummmmmm

I need help (no comments required) but my pussywillow really is growing and I need to figure out what else to put them in to continue to grow. They are VERY tall but their roots are getting sqooshed now in this vase. The kitten knocks them over so it has to be a heavy thing. Ideas? (no..i'm not getting rid of the kitten :) ) ~ Curbie

I love graham crackers and vanilla wafers. I make banana pudding often. I make the old fashioned kind with evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter and a newer version with vanilla pudding, condensed milk, water and whipped cream. I sold some at the barber and beauty salons in my area before Christmas. A couple of people told me it was the best they every had.

Dor...would love to have your recipe..please :)

Banana Pudding

Dor...would love to have your recipe..please :)

4-5 bananas
1 box or 1 bag vanilla wafers
2 cups evaporated milk
3 egg yolks beaten well
1 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 tblspoons flour
1/4 tsp saltn

In a heavy saucepan, pour 3/4 cups milk on slow heat, in a bowl add flour 1/2 cup sugar, the egg youks and whisk until all lumps are removed. Sometimes I put all in a pint jar and shake until blended well. Pour mixture into milk and whisk thickened. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla and stir well.

Layer the vanilla wafers and sliced bananas in a casserole. Once all is layered pour custard over it and crumble a few vanilla wafers on top. You can use meringue if you desire. My family doesn't like it so I don't make it.

Banana Pudding #2

5-6 bananas
1 box or bag of vanilla wafers
1-3.4 oz box Jello vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 pint whipping cream
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 can condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Milk condensed milk and, pudding and cold water until creamy, refriderate until firm.

Whip whipping cream until firm and add vanilla extract.

Dip sliced bananas in lemon juice, layer with vanilla wafers in a casserole dish.

Fold whipping cream into pudding mixture, pour over bananas and vanilla wafers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

That sounds like the son in law we deleted. He is still trying to get my daughter to pay for everything. He won't sign the divorce papers so she is changing them. He was off work for 3 months and still hasn't sent any money for food or anything. he told daughter that she was getting food stamps so he didn't need to send her any.

Sounds like my ex SOB lol

My Lawyer advised me that if I ask for more...then I will get what I wanted....and I did! and I got it too....

I hate Lazy men that arent man enough to stand up and help take care of the kids they helped to bring in this worl....tell her to tunr the lawyers loose on him and let them rip him to shreads!

Dor, that sounds awesome. I had one of those lovable moments yesterday when my daughter visited yesterday. She said,"mom.......you know what's missing here now?" I have one of her cats, I had snacks for her, we trimmed cat nails and dog nails together. Me="I don't have CLUE what's missing." we don't any M & M's for me. When I brought out a bag of M & M's she said,"HOW DID YOU KNOW?" well b/c I was buying bunny ears for you and a towel that when you wet it , it expands and....I thought of M & M's. She made me smile. She is 32. ~ Curbster

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back