What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It's 81*F, sunny, and awesome! :D The cold front's already moving in so that's as high as we get today. I'm timing out to clean up my banana plant today. It survived the winter and it's looking totally healthy!

WTG Josh!
Sorry I haven't been on much for the last couple of months!
Lol! It took 2 months to save up enough $ to get it fixed but I bought a tablet too. So if anything happens again, I'll still have something to forum with. :D

We figured some cute young lady probably snagged you there, Mr. Trax. LOL I have been working on my daughter's computer. It is one I built for her about ten years ago. About the only thing that remains from the original is the power supply. I have one more item to get (video card) and then load the new operating system onto it.

We had a few showers here today with mostly clouds. I think we topped out at about 60 degrees. It's supposed to get into the 80's over the next few days though.

The weather guesser says we will have a cold front through tonight so I'd better enjoy todays weather. It is 69 out and cloudy. it will be in the upper 80's again today. tomorrow is to only be in the lower 60's with rain.

It's 63*F and sunny. :D We're gonna hit 78*F today then we drop to 39*F tonight. LOL! The high for tomorrow is 39*F too. Severe t-storms start tonight.

We figured some cute young lady probably snagged you there, Mr. Trax. LOL I have been working on my daughter's computer. It is one I built for her about ten years ago. About the only thing that remains from the original is the power supply. I have one more item to get (video card) and then load the new operating system onto it.

LOL! They wish. There's too many so I think I'll wait till after college to decide. Too much drama. :O
The only thing that still worked on my PC was one of my hard drives. :( And mine was only about 2 years old. I still need to get a decent sound card but at least I can get online now and since everything but the hard drive is new, it should last a long time. :D Btw, I helped put mine together too. I added an extra fan and now the CPU idles between 28-30*C and it never hits 40*C.

gorgeous here and the rest of the week and weekend will be the same.......mid 70's.....we sure needed this sunny break, but we also need rain badly here as well.........what a week to be in maine....walking the beach......

Going to be another beautiful day!!!
In the low 70's this afternoon then the temp drops a bit to the high 60's for the rest of the week and weekend!
Glad it is not a hot heatwave, I couldn't handle that yet!
A rain barrel washed up on the beach so hooked that up to the downspout yesterday! It is a plastic resin 50 gallon size, and will come in handy!
I'll be outside cutting the grass today!

I still need to come up with a video card for Fiona's computer. I was looking on the internet for one last evening and there seems to be no limit to what you can spend on those. I found some for $15 and quickly passed by those that were over a grand. Those high dollar ones are for those really into games but that leaves my daughter out.

It was 33 degrees just a little bit ago but will warm up into the 70's by afternoon.

Video card? Nvidia makes the best, imo. :D I have the MSi N210 MD512H 2nd generation Nvidia ($30 price range). It's rated for 12 years under full load when used for gaming, works great on 1920 x 1080 monitors, and it's cheap. It's the same one I had in my PC before the accident and I never had any issues with it, even when I played Wizard 101. Btw, my old PSU (power supply) was only 480 watts. Nvidia only gets uber expensive when you get into the GeForce series but those need epic cooling systems.
Btw, we were discussing that at the tech forum with $100 vs $1,000 cans, lol!

It's 81*F here! :D It's kinda cloudy too and they're still saying 39*F and epic T-storms and wind tonight.

Last edited:
Another beautiful warm day here!
Low 70s, love it.....I'll be out in the gardens playing again today!

Thanks, Mr. Trax, I'll check that one out. I need to get it ordered so I can get her computer back on line. She has been getting by using her laptop or the kids desktop. It's not like we don't have another computer around. The power supply in her computer is 250 watts but it isn't used for gaming anyway. It would be easy to upgrade that too though as long as I'm sticking my fingers in it. LOL

It looks like we are going to get over 80 degrees here today with 'filtered sunlight'. There will be high thin clouds according to the weather guessers.

Bobbi
You don't want to be in Maine walking this afternoon. It's chilly here, this am was 64, now it's 44, damp and windy too
Wow over 1.5' of snow in Wisconsin.

Lucky Wisconsin! :p I want snow here! We need snow if it has to be this cold!

@ Randy. I checked with dad and he said a 250 watt power supply is enough for the Nvidia card IF it's not used for gaming. I upgraded mine to a TR2 500 watt but that's just me, lol. I wanted to upgrade to 850 watts but I'd have to get a more powerfull video card first and a better cooling system. The reason I don't overclock is so I don't need that anyway. Btw, the company with the best price for Nvidia is Roswell.

It's 32*F here!? :eek: What happened to spring???? :confused: The high for today is only 57*F and the low tonight is 37*F. Very confused.

It is 44 here this morning and going up to 66 this afternoon. I'm glad the wind is down cause it blew the blooms off of my rose bush yesterday. bummer. It will be a much better day today.

Thank you, Mr. Trax. I was looking for the power requirement and couldn't find it but was pretty confident I would be okay with 250 watts.

We are going to reach 80 degrees today. The sky is clear and bright. Gotta love it.

another beautiful day here.......took the day off and got some planting done in the garden.....its only a start......70's for the next week...
laurie I heard about that coldfront in maine last night......burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......sending sunshine your way...

This is too wonky! :eek: It's 36*F in May!? And the high for today is only 58!? :eek: This can't be May!
I did some reading now and last year. The huge solar storm last year surprised the scientists. Not because it was huge but because it wasn't nearly as big as it shoulda been. The people at NOAA said the sun wasn't as active as it shoulda been. So I did some more reading. There's a lot of scientists here, in Germany, and in Russia who are saying that the sun's cooling down and that it'll keep cooling down for decades. If that's true then I might needa wait till June to plant stuff I always planted in May. Btw, I also read that the hole in the ozone has shrunk to a record low. I found that story at the NASA site.
I need a strawberry banana yogurt bar! :D

Heading again back into the low 70's!
The high pressure has been sitting over us all week and all the lows are being blocked from heading east!
This is weird for May!
Looks like we will be getting more of the beautuful unseasonal warm weather right into mid week!
Only problem is that there is no rain in the forcast untill this high pressure area starts to move east!

Hey Josh!
Don't believe everything you read, there are a lot of idiots who do not know what they are talking about, especially when it is about the weather!

Sunny and dry here, mid 60's for the hi's 30's at night but it's suppose to
warm up starting next week. We need rain so bad, really high fire danger. Watering the
flowers but need rain before I can plant my veggie garden. They said we might get some
showers next Thurs.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back